Govt considers lockdown for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

I need to make a dental appointment on Tuesday in Bangkok. Any thoughts as to likelihood of being able to make a day trip in and out for that purpose?

Maybe dentist won’t serve you like last lockdowns 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mike1967 said:

The simple fact is, the Thais won't get tested because they don't want to be put in hospital. Don't shoot the messenger. This is direct from the horses mouth.

Well especially this week of all weeks..the ones who have it will be now sitting around with massive extended families and friends they need to catch up with.What could possibly happen after the biggest holiday of the year?One can only hope I suppose but par the course where this has been repeated around the world it hasn't exactly ended happily I 'm afraid to say!The testing and tracking will be of no use when it explodes into the thousands a day which means they'll have to go into mass lockdowns in order to control the spread!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet I am sure we will still be allowed to head to MTT for our 90 day reports, wonder how many checkpoints I will have at 7 am on Monday morning riding out to there.

Sad but true. Bureaucracy first, safety second.  Government stupidity knows no limits.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mike1967 said:

I totally agree. By now, we can only guess at the real figures. We all know it's about saving face. Covid, not us. It was only last week I posted that Thailand needed a lockdown but was called ridiculous by some members. Do they still feel the same? There's only one way out of this, lockdown AND vaccination then ongoing vaccinations against newer variants. None of which is happening. Thailand you are so far off the ball it's ridiculous.

Well it seems the UK learnt this the hard way and that was exactly what they had to do in order to get their lives back..Has Thailand got the leadership and the people the mental resolve for such a prolonged self imposed lockdown?Testing times ahead I fear..Stay Safe!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Mind you people were saying that after the last covid wave, but thy seemed to get things under control pretty well. 
Let's hope they can do the same this time by the end of this month. 

Yea lets hope so, only another 15 days to go.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Excel said:

So you expect the government to release documents that would prove that they were falsely reporting ? this is Earth not Mars. Common sense and statistical date from around the world is wonderfully illustrative unless you live under a rock I guess.

So, that is a no then.
That cleared that up then

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe the simplest solution is to stop people being tested by RT-PCR and have them do blood tests as antibodies will confirm 110% if they are positive.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/science/false-negatives-and-positives-how-accurate-are-pcr-tests-for-covid-19-1.1113187

The above article reports that RT-PRC tests are not 100% accurate.

China did a trial on 10 million people to see if those that were asymptomatic could spread the virus and the results are interesting.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201130131511.htm

Don't shoot the messenger.

That is an extremely interesting report. Maybe that is the real answer for the determination of a persons exposure.

• Like 1

We knew that when it was announced the government was not considering a nationwide lockdown, one for coming for all or most of the country.  These provinces must amount for nearly 70% of the economy, Bangkok being 50% by itself. Forermerly economically important provinces like Phuket and Surat are no longer important without foreign tourists. 

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1