Govt considers lockdown for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

The economy will take a bit hit from the upcoming lockdowns while there is still no realistic prospect of tourism reopening for the foreseeable future.  This time there will be little or no stimulus for the unemployed.  The government has already used up about 70% of its debt ceiling only half way through its fiscal year and the remaining 30% is already spoken for.  Amending the law to raise the debt ceiling would be a political nightmare, they will not even bother to try.  Another coup to scrap the law would be easier and preferable for them. 

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Fairly obvious they will decide Friday so that all those people they let out but never should have done will have got home first !

Correct.

By waiting till Friday to make any decision, they are saying to the people who traveled to isaan " get your AR5%s back home before we lock you out for 2 weeks , or possibly more.

But during the few Days they have e enjoyed up Country, the Love has been spread to many, who before were safe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Think about it a few more days hey, can't ruin Songkran.  Putting a few bucks in peoples pockets yet creating a much worse financial situation with sickness and death.  

Shameful

CM is absolutely quiet like a morgue. there is no way this holiday put any money in anybody's pockets in any province. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

We're all laying low, until them Bangkokkers have effed off ????

Well the Bangkok travelers are certainly here in their cars. Easy to tell them when they drive, as they drive like a...h...s! But in all honesty, there is no one in CM at this point. My family who lives in BKK are with us. Anyway we have been out to temples the other few days ago and today furniture and knickknack shopping, and the fact of the matter is everything is shut tight and there are nor tourists for the 99% of that. Now we will probably go into some sort of a lockdown or curfew and this is going to decimate the Thai folk so much more here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I need to make a dental appointment on Tuesday in Bangkok. Any thoughts as to likelihood of being able to make a day trip in and out for that purpose?

I would go to your dentist tomorrow and sit on standby if you are in pain. Otherwise do some shopping for 2 weeks and stay home.

14 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

Sounds like CNN...

In the USA, states the have shunned lockdowns,  e.g. Florida and Texas, have been faring better than strictly bolted down states such as New York and Michigan. 

Now go and explain that. 

It's all about discipline and common sense. If you don't wear masks, social distance and be conscious of touching surfaces and your face then it's more likely you will catch it.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe the simplest solution is to stop people being tested by RT-PCR and have them do blood tests as antibodies will confirm 110% if they are positive.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/science/false-negatives-and-positives-how-accurate-are-pcr-tests-for-covid-19-1.1113187

The above article reports that RT-PRC tests are not 100% accurate.

China did a trial on 10 million people to see if those that were asymptomatic could spread the virus and the results are interesting.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201130131511.htm

I mean once people are tested and diagnosed, is anyone following up on their symptoms, do they have the influenza or some other virus, what are their symptoms, deep harsh cough or a runny nose ending up in hospital with many others in the same boat taking up hospital beds and making things worse than they are, just a question, I mean how many have died since Covid first landed here, 97, how many made full recoveries, tens of thousands, just stating the facts.

Don't shoot the messenger.

The study was done last May. So it is almost a year old. Newer studies have been done that find the opposite is true now. Look at a prior post of mine for the citation and link.

1 minute ago, Sametboy2019 said:

It's all about discipline and common sense. If you don't wear masks, social distance and be conscious of touching surfaces and your face then it's more likely you will catch it.

Have you even visited Thailand? Have you seen a typical Thai home environment? Have you been to a Thai market? Ridden on a Thai bus?

You can talk about the hypotheticals people could do, but if they have no chance of actually happening, they're irrelevant.

24 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

Sounds like CNN...

In the USA, states the have shunned lockdowns,  e.g. Florida and Texas, have been faring better than strictly bolted down states such as New York and Michigan. 

Now go and explain that. 

Screen Shot 2564-04-15 at 10.37.28.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MisguidedPangolin said:

It's just the equivalent of a very bad flu season

Have you any notion of how bad a flu season it might have been without a ban on Chinese tourists, a ban on international travel, no masks, no lockdowns and no social distancing ...................?????

45 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

This time there will be little or no stimulus for the unemployed.  The government has already used up about 70% of its debt ceiling only half way through its fiscal year and the remaining 30% is already spoken for. 

Perhaps they could 'mint' a couple of Trillion Baht coins, it worked for the US?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, madmen said:

Thailand will have border closure eventually, it's how they do things a little bad news at a time not to freak out the natives 

My advice IMO only is anyone who needs to get out they should do so immediately. 

Get out to where...for what...I'm retired and having too much fun scuba diving in Phuket

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The economy will take a bit hit from the upcoming lockdowns while there is still no realistic prospect of tourism reopening for the foreseeable future.  This time there will be little or no stimulus for the unemployed.  The government has already used up about 70% of its debt ceiling only half way through its fiscal year and the remaining 30% is already spoken for.  Amending the law to raise the debt ceiling would be a political nightmare, they will not even bother to try.  Another coup to scrap the law would be easier and preferable for them. 

But last time the stimulus was to keep the natives happy and stop a potential rebellion.  With no stimulus I just wonder what may happen. I hope not another Myanmar