Govt considers lockdown for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

2 hours ago, Excel said:

So you expect the government to release documents that would prove that they were falsely reporting ? this is Earth not Mars. Common sense and statistical date from around the world is wonderfully illustrative unless you live under a rock I guess.

You will see: as the Songkran is over the infections will start to drop. This virus is enjoy to be included with us in our celebrations. It's was already happened in our countries during Christmas and Easter celebration and it's happening in here right now during the Songkran. 

Finally, I would like that some of these so-called experts explain to me the link between viruses and alcohol 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe the simplest solution is to stop people being tested by RT-PCR and have them do blood tests as antibodies will confirm 110% if they are positive.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/science/false-negatives-and-positives-how-accurate-are-pcr-tests-for-covid-19-1.1113187

The above article reports that RT-PRC tests are not 100% accurate.

China did a trial on 10 million people to see if those that were asymptomatic could spread the virus and the results are interesting.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201130131511.htm

I mean once people are tested and diagnosed, is anyone following up on their symptoms, do they have the influenza or some other virus, what are their symptoms, deep harsh cough or a runny nose ending up in hospital with many others in the same boat taking up hospital beds and making things worse than they are, just a question, I mean how many have died since Covid first landed here, 97, how many made full recoveries, tens of thousands, just stating the facts.

Don't shoot the messenger.

If a test returns 110% it should be ignored immediately as it is nonsense.

Does any medical test guarantee 100% accuracy? Probably just the one that says if its been cold for a week and doesn't move, it might be dead.

The trial you mention was almost a year ago and a lot has happened then including the introduction of vaccines. Please use some up to date material.

3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Mind you people were saying that after the last covid wave, but thy seemed to get things under control pretty well. 
Let's hope they can do the same this time by the end of this month. 

Right. They didn't lock down until after New Year. It was almost the same scenario as now, albeit smaller scale holiday. Let's see if luck will hold or whether the fates have been tempted one time too many.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goatfarmer said:

Right. They didn't lock down until after New Year. It was almost the same scenario as now, albeit smaller scale holiday. Let's see if luck will hold or whether the fates have been tempted one time too many.

Yep, fingers crossed! 

Koh Samui  never gets a mention on the covid situation . Many come here for Songkran .Now reports of over 17 cases of infection. no one knows if its true but is much talked about by the locals.

Problem is not much thy happens here is reported if any one else has heard anything would like to know . 

The girlfriend has had 5 days work massage at a 5 star resort with t least 4 customers a day now i have to distance from her for a month as most of the clients come from infected areas . 

Well done Samui i hope you made a load of money over the short holiday

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Koh Samui  never gets a mention on the covid situation . Many come here for Songkran .Now reports of over 17 cases of infection. no one knows if its true but is much talked about by the locals.

Problem is not much thy happens here is reported if any one else has heard anything would like to know . 

The girlfriend has had 5 days work massage at a 5 star resort with t least 4 customers a day now i have to distance from her for a month as most of the clients come from infected areas . 

Well done Samui i hope you made a load of money over the short holiday

Why do you have to distance from her, didn't you see her those 5 days because if so you to would be a potential victim and surely couldn't you stay together ?

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I need to make a dental appointment on Tuesday in Bangkok. Any thoughts as to likelihood of being able to make a day trip in and out for that purpose?

Perhaps contact the Dental Clinic to see if the dental work can be completed in one day, then arrange for limo in and limo out, my daughter with two children obtained a limo from Trat to Asok dental clinic for very urgent work total limo cost was 3000thb, hope this helps?

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Why do you have to distance from her, didn't you see her those 5 days because if so you to would be a potential victim and surely couldn't you stay together ?

yes comes home about 9 i am 73 . we stay same house different rooms she had the jabs i haven't don't know if can be passed on after the jabs ? 

6 minutes ago, connda said:

They won't get it back under control by July considering that vaccines aren't being rolled out until then.

Can't see vaccines having any impact this year.......even Johnson has conceded that the reduction in deaths, infections, hospitalisations etc........ are due to lockdown....not vaccines.

Edited by Surelynot

5 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

yes comes home about 9 i am 73 . we stay same house different rooms she had the jabs i haven't don't know if can be passed on after the jabs ? 

before the 5 days work all was normal 

5 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Oh I see, that's the rub then. I read that despite the jabs you can still pass the virus on but not sure if that is correct or not. Same age as me so I sympathise with your situation.