Govt considers lockdown for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

16 minutes ago, Snowbuddy said:

Perhaps contact the Dental Clinic to see if the dental work can be completed in one day, then arrange for limo in and limo out, my daughter with two children obtained a limo from Trat to Asok dental clinic for very urgent work total limo cost was 3000thb, hope this helps?

it is  single one day appt to fit a permanent crown already ordered. I am driving myself, public transport not the issue, just want to be sure I won't have a problem with roadblocks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

I'd say it's up to your dentist.  I live outside of Chiang Mai where my dentist practices, but my car has CM plates, so we've never been stopped at a Covid checkpoint before.  My guess the dentist office will either cancel and reschedule or will confirm the date after Songkran.  I'm thinking she'll probably cancel though, as she is incredibly paranoid about Covid.  Me?  You roll the dice and assume the risks.  Personally I'm much more afraid of Thai road accidents and road fatalies and getting dengue a second time.

Cancellation is not the issue. It is Bangkok being under lockdown with ban on interprovincial travel.

2 minutes ago, connda said:

That's what I'm thinking too.

Possibly but after I made my comment he never clarified what he meant.  I think you are right in this case with what we are facing and what the OP is about.

One day, the government says no plan to change the reopening on July. ????

The next day the government discusses for new lockdowns in many provinces. ????

Meanwhile in the last three weeks 3 people died for covid in Thailand.

Edited by Tech65
  • Like 2

I think lockdown might be a good idea. Really not surprised by the daily numbers anymore.

This is at [let me delete the name of large shopping center in Pratunam not to get sued for defamation]. New Japanese restaurant just opened. An absolute Must Visit for last supper.

image.thumb.png.cbbf8e90ef3b8733964d2c837d61a6b5.pnghttps://www.facebook.com/PPTVHD36/posts/5876511439033253

24 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

it is  single one day appt to fit a permanent crown already ordered. I am driving myself, public transport not the issue, just want to be sure I won't have a problem with roadblocks.

Mine's the same.

10 minutes ago, Tech65 said:

One day, the government says no plan to change the reopening on July. ????

The next day the government discusses for new lockdowns in many provinces. ????

Meanwhile in the last three weeks 3 people died for covid in Thailand.

What do you mean?

Do you think  the  government shouldn't change their minds when fresh cases appear out of the blue?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

should close immigration re 90 day reporting totals waste of all concerned time wise !!!

It was brought in to ensure that they could keep track of all those nasty foreign criminals., or so they claimed. Of course the people supposedly undertaking that task are the biggest organised crime group here so how that worked  we will never know. But with borders closed  what is the threat ? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Mine had a surgical mask and asked me to rinse mouth with something that tasted like Betadine before procedure. She did ask me whether I've been out of Thailand recently, though. I wasn't but no proof was asked for that either.

A surgical mask doesn't seem sufficient.  Were you wearing one ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, internationalism said:

yesterday night prayuth has ordered preparations for lockdown in those 4 provinces.

At the same time it was said that decision would be made today, Thursday. Now looks like they are not ready (cabined ministers are also on holiday and don't bother that much) and postponed the big meeting for friday afternoon.

How are people going to eat? Wheres the vax that was supposed to be rolled out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

It's only just started, here.  And you don't honestly believe the covid numbers they've been publishing for the last year, do you?  Seriously?

Honestly I believe its one big psyop. Just last week I was reading in the Bangkok post how good the numbers looked. Ya ok is their any demonstrations planned right around this 2 weeks?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Honestly I believe its one big psyop. Just last week I was reading in the Bangkok post how good the numbers looked. Ya ok is their any demonstrations planned right around this 2 weeks?

So in your view the numbers are fake and this is all a overreaction, did i sum that up right for you?

Edited by ThailandRyan

On 1/1/2021 at 7:30 AM, ubonjoe said:

They started doing repatriation flights last April for those that qualified at that time.

Entering for those with extensions or visas based upon retirement started in late October if I recall correctly.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:52 AM, rwill said:

Before March you could have...

On 1/9/2021 at 6:59 PM, lavezzi said:

Something from a lab doc that say "we cerify that Mr.xxxxxx after our RT-PCR test is covid free" ?

Im asking cause I live in a non english speaking country so I need tell them exactly what to write.

5 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

ever heard of reporting by mail? i am doing it for 7 years already

I'm due to do my first ever 90 days reporting. Please tell me where I can find out how to do that by post.

28 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

It's only just started, here.  And you don't honestly believe the covid numbers they've been publishing for the last year, do you?  Seriously?

I didn’t believe them at first but if you think about it,Kovic 19 kills the old and the people with pre-existing conditionsWhich describes the ex-pat community and if they were dying we surely would be hearing about it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I need to make a dental appointment on Tuesday in Bangkok. Any thoughts as to likelihood of being able to make a day trip in and out for that purpose?

Most provinces has quarantene requirements comming from Bangkok, you should check that out before leaving for that appointment. 

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I need to make a dental appointment on Tuesday in Bangkok. Any thoughts as to likelihood of being able to make a day trip in and out for that purpose?

Medical & dental appts were exempted as essential last lockdown. I feel your pain! I'm in the middle of a dental procedure myself.

2 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Medical & dental appts were exempted as essential last lockdown. I feel your pain! I'm in the middle of a dental procedure myself.

Had a double osteotomy last year to remove two wisdom teeth that were inside the jaw bone......cried my eyes out......haven't been in so much pain since I broke an arm in six places (never going to any of those six places again).

6 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

They should have done this before the holiday!

Nobody wants a lockdown, but at least it will avoid further sickness and death!

Everyone needs to keep in mind that getting infected with covid doesn't mean that you will die. Currently, the mortality in Thailand is about 0.3%, which is very close to the newest estimates by WHO.  

Initially, people talked about 4% mortality and 80% or more infection rate - people dropping like flies. All that didn't happen. 

Thailand has fewer than 100 deaths and 35,000 infections - how many people died from pneumonia  or flu on an annual basis in the country in 2018 or 2019? About 40,000.. nobody said one peep about it.  Why did Thailand not see many infections in December 2019 and the first there months in 2020 when Chinese tourists came as usual? With the number of respiratory deaths in previous years, it could have been a similar virus and cross-immunity from Covid 

Some of the measures are useless - malls closing at 9pm, no alcohol in restaurants - nothing to do to stop the spread. People will simply drink at home with friends.

Unless a country wants to close all contact with the outside world forever (and before they have a large outbreak), all these restrictions accomplish is a suppression of transmission on a temporary basis. Once society opens infections rise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1