Govt considers lockdown for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

41 minutes ago, PeeJayEm said:

I'm due to do my first ever 90 days reporting. Please tell me where I can find out how to do that by post.

90 day Registration, Immigration Division 1, Government Complex, 120 Moo 3, Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok 10210
092-3294915

Notification by registered mail
    1    Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    2    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No.,
    3    - current visa
    4    - last entry stamp of immigration
    5    - last extension of visa
    6    Photocopy of departure card TM.6
    7    Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
    8    Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
    9    * Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 [90 day report form] after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
    10    * The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    11    Send your registered mail 15 days before the renewal date to the Immigration office. Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt. - * Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail. - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht) - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Most reliable & safest method of 90 day reporting. Done it this way for years.

• Like 2

Just now, pixelaoffy said:

Any foreigners without roots I would advise to leave . Because as the US UK Australia move out of this Thailand has another year because of abject failure to control it's borders and a vaccine roll out 

I doubt any will listen to your advice. Thailand has been and remains the safest place to escape Covid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Regardless of pandemic or not, there is little to no support financially or psychologically.

The more I look at some people I'm convinced they need medicating and mental help.

Sadly lacking in rural areas.

Absolutely agree. 

1 hour ago, pixelaoffy said:

Any foreigners without roots I would advise to leave . Because as the US UK Australia move out of this Thailand has another year because of abject failure to control it's borders and a vaccine roll out 

My thoughts too. A year and a bit ago the UK was opening Nightingale hospitals and going into lockdowns. Now we're exiting our 3rd and (hopefully!) last lockdown having had a frankly, brilliant vaccination effort.  Thank you NHS!

Meanwhile a year later Thailand is opening field hospitals, "thinking about" lockdowns and creeping oh-so slowly into vaccinating people but made getting into the country harder for some people much sooner than UK

On the other hand UK has had more than 100,000 deaths, Thailand how many?

There are lessons to be learned but I'm not exactly sure how to define them.

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

How does anyone at a checkpoint know where you live and if you are telling the truth?.........

Presumably the checkpoints would be set up near provincial boundaries. They can certainly see if a vehicle is crossing from one province to another. that, and not where someone lives, is the issue.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Presumably the checkpoints would be set up near provincial boundaries. They can certainly see if a vehicle is crossing from one province to another. that, and not where someone lives, is the issue.

....and if you are driving home or say you are driving home, to another province, what can they do?

16 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Enforced isolation units...........mixed sex........test positive and, even of you are asymptomatic, you will find yourself in one of these......

Which, IMO is just outrageous! 

At least in UK, you are just told to self-isolate if you're positive and asymptomatic.

Could it perhaps illustrate certain differences in the 2 countries vis-a-vis respect for law and order?  Probably a rhetorical question!

And, then again, UK has had its share of Muppets demonstrating against law and order, which in itself is a democratic right. The more I ask, the less I find I know!

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

....and if you are driving home or say you are driving home, to another province, what can they do?

In extremis, do you obey the armed man in a uniform or.......?

Sorry, but it could come to that! ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

It depends how bad this gets. If the epidemic gets significantly worse, people will go home and interprovincial traffic will slow to a trickle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

People don't seem to have twigged how outrageous this is, legalities aside,........can you imagine what the conditions might be like......air con?......toilet and washing  facilities?....food?.......in an aircraft hangar of sick people, some with other transmissible diseases like TB.......which is nothing when compared to the fact it seems to be compulsory.......imagine telling people in the UK or US they were going into one of these....and 'we' might be???? 

If the epidemic gets bad, the Thai authorities will triage patients, and remove asymptomatic patients from care facilities. These ad hoc fácilities are only useful in the early stages of the outbreak. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

If the epidemic gets bad, the Thai authorities will triage patients, and remove asymptomatic patients from care facilities. These ad hoc fácilities are only useful in the early stages of the outbreak. 

Still far from comfortable ...test positive......off you go.

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

People don't seem to have twigged how outrageous this is, legalities aside,........can you imagine what the conditions might be like......air con?......toilet and washing  facilities?....food?.......in an aircraft hangar of sick people, some with other transmissible diseases like TB.......which is nothing when compared to the fact it seems to be compulsory.......imagine telling people in the UK or US they were going into one of these....and 'we' might be???? 

But your not in the UK or US it is Thailand and they do have their own way of treating Covid be it symptomatic or asymptomatic barbaric as it may be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

They should have done this before the holiday!

Nobody wants a lockdown, but at least it will avoid further sickness and death!

You think so?  Ask the Philippines how their 1 year lockdown has worked for them.

10 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Koh Samui  never gets a mention on the covid situation . Many come here for Songkran .Now reports of over 17 cases of infection. no one knows if its true but is much talked about by the locals.

Problem is not much thy happens here is reported if any one else has heard anything would like to know . 

The girlfriend has had 5 days work massage at a 5 star resort with t least 4 customers a day now i have to distance from her for a month as most of the clients come from infected areas . 

Well done Samui i hope you made a load of money over the short holiday

Wow. No offense, but it would be nice to let your GF avoid working in such a high risk job... I realise on GF and not wife, but still... I would be happy to sponsor my GF so that I wouldn't put myself at risk of contracting covid. 

9 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Are you comparing the UK’s response to Kovic 19 with 127,000 dead to Thailand response with 97 deaths

No using it as an example of what can happen if you don't take this seriously and treat it with the respect it deserves..As I stated the UK found out the hard way what needed to be done all too late of course but is now coming out the other side with it's vaccine rollout.Thailand  I'm afraid maybe just entering the tunnel and needs to act quickly in order to stop going down this same path.The Thai hierarchy can either move on this quickly and decisively or the consequences are there for all to see.Stay Safe!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The government is considering imposing a lockdown in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chonburi in a bid to prevent further spread of COVID-19.

How about considering resigning and let someone who knows what to do run the country?

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MisguidedPangolin said:

Have you even visited Thailand? Have you seen a typical Thai home environment? Have you been to a Thai market? Ridden on a Thai bus?

You can talk about the hypotheticals people could do, but if they have no chance of actually happening, they're irrelevant.

Yeah done all those things and lived here 9 years.