Govt considers lockdown for Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chonburi and Prachuap Khiri Khan

webfact

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My point is far from pointless.  Other countries have tried the self isolation and it did not work for them, Thailand does it the way I stated and it did seem to work in the overall scheme of things so at least get that right.  No where do I say anything about the conflict in Myanmar being okay.  You always seem to add in a Gaslight comment instead of just addressing the issue.  Go gaslight someone else.

When did Thailand introduce enforced quarantine....just this month?............ So how do you know it works?

At least get that right.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You can not just blame the PM for the Burmese bringing the virus into Thailand.  Do you not remember the Pretties that set off the issue in Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai prior to the Samut Sakhon debacle.  Thais started the issue so get that right at least and then Thai's perpetuated it by sneaking in the illegal workers.

I agree with you entirely, but the unelected "PM" did promise to investigate the Burmese illegal workers situation, which just proved to be another of his many lies.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

At this point Sheryl I would say everything is unknown until Tomorrow after they make a decision as to what they may do.  I need to go to MTT on Monday from my side of Bangkok, but I generally ride out through Nonthaburi and then back into the Area.  Not sure what the logistics will be now.

We went to Ratchaburi from Nonthaburi 2 days ago. Not a sign of any police stopping anyone. THere were a couple of checkpoints, but there was no action at all from the police. It seems at this point, the 'lockdowns' ae not that serious and is just being used to encourage people to not travel too far. Its not possible to seal every province border anyway. 

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Quarantine has always been enforced if you test positive for Covid here.  

“For now, we are recommending people to exercise home quarantine said Sukhum Kanchanapimai, the ministry’s permanent secretary.

March 2020

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I doubt any will listen to your advice. Thailand has been and remains the safest place to escape Covid. 

True, but the "government" hasn't helped much regarding the Burmese illegals situation, they did nothing about it. That also applies to their handling of the officials and the Bangkok nightclub situation.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

“For now, we are recommending people to exercise home quarantine said Sukhum Kanchanapimai, the ministry’s permanent secretary.

March 2020

And shortly thereafter it was removed because of the returning travelers that failed to listen to the government, and it became a if you test positive regardless of symptoms, it was off to isolation wards at the hospitals. So why try and bring a quote from over 1 year ago into play.  With this current wave they want people now who have travelled outside and visited families to self isolate but they have not tested positive. If they were positive then they would be isolated in a hospital or a field hospital of which there are many popping up all over the place, but try again and thanks for playing.  

Officials say no plan to change mandatory hospitalisation for Covid patients | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, paulikens said:

some of us wanna live life

I think that is the key for many on here who are well into old age........it would be interesting to see how certain people would react if a disease popped up that killed a disproportionate number of people in the 20-40 range!!!!

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I think that is the key for many on here who are well into old age........it would be interesting to see how certain people would react if ta disease popped up that killed a disproportionate number of people in the 20-40 range!!!!

@Surelynot well im 70 and i wanna live my life while i still can.  exactly why i dont like this OTT reaction.   dont wanna spend my twilight years stuck indoors

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I think that is the key for many on here who are well into old age........it would be interesting to see how certain people would react if a disease popped up that killed a disproportionate number of people in the 20-40 range!!!!

It's happening now.  Michigan and Brazil are now reporting high levels of hospitalizations amongst the younger population.  And of course, many in this age bracket are a big part of the super spreader events.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

I'm due to do my first ever 90 days reporting. Please tell me where I can find out how to do that by post.

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days – สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง – Immigration Bureau

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don’t forget to sign name.)
5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Checkpoint in local area where the alien resides.

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
– Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
– Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
– Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
– Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

On 4/15/2021 at 6:24 PM, tomazbodner said:

Mine had a surgical mask and asked me to rinse mouth with something that tasted like Betadine before procedure. She did ask me whether I've been out of Thailand recently, though. I wasn't but no proof was asked for that either.

Yeah, mine too.  It's Betadine for sure.  I'm surprised they don't want you to down a Neti Pot full of Betadine as well.  My dentist and her staff wear space-suits that make them look like Telly-Tubbies.  It's pretty funny.  <laughs>

On 4/15/2021 at 6:33 PM, Surelynot said:

How does anyone at a checkpoint know where you live and if you are telling the truth?.........

Ahhh, an appointment card with the dentist's telephone number on it so they can call and confirm if they are that suspicious?

18 hours ago, expatjustice said:

It's not 1 year lockdown if they remove it whenever the number of cases improves slightly and then put it back whenever the number of cases rises exponentially yet again. 

And when it wasn't a "lockdown" officially, it was an ECQ, or MCQ, or EMCQ, or some other abbreviation that kept people from being able to work, move around, and have a life.  

They may not have called it a "lockdown" between official lockdown declarations, but it was.  

FROM WIKI

The "enhanced community quarantine" (ECQ) is the strictest of these measures and is effectively a total lockdown.

Even during all this craziness, people of certain ages were NOT allowed out of their homes.  This was especially true in small barangays with power-crazy barangay captains.

It was a lockdown.  For a Year.  If it quacks like a duck ..

3 hours ago, chaihot said:

And when it wasn't a "lockdown" officially, it was an ECQ, or MCQ, or EMCQ, or some other abbreviation that kept people from being able to work, move around, and have a life.  

They may not have called it a "lockdown" between official lockdown declarations, but it was.  

FROM WIKI

The "enhanced community quarantine" (ECQ) is the strictest of these measures and is effectively a total lockdown.

Even during all this craziness, people of certain ages were NOT allowed out of their homes.  This was especially true in small barangays with power-crazy barangay captains.

Well, call it ECQ, MCQ, TFDSRQ, or IDGAF. Matter of fact is, if everyone stays at home for one year, and nobody goes out, it is virtually impossible for the virus to spread, period. 

I have friends in Metro Manila, and not so long ago (this year 2021) they sent me videos of them in  a club partying maskless and with strippers all around, so I don't know what your idea of "strict" lockdown is, but in my case it is far from that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaihot said:

FROM WIKI

It says here that the big lockdown in the Philippines began on March 28, 2021

2020: Duterte eases Manila lockdown in bid to boost tanking economy

Lockdowns don’t work if they are inconsistent - that’s what happened in the Philippines. 

Edited by Danderman123

13 hours ago, paulikens said:

@Surelynot well im 70 and i wanna live my life while i still can.  exactly why i dont like this OTT reaction.   dont wanna spend my twilight years stuck indoors

Look at the example of Brazil and tell us what they should have done differently to avoid so many casualties.

To the posters who think that Thailand has only had 97 deaths, you are naive,  sorry but my Thai relatives

say that there has been way more deaths, and their friends that work in the hospitals, say so as well.

Thailand may be safer than some parts of the world for this Covid 19 virus, but I think that the Antarctic is

a bit safer, but then who would want to go there and spend a long time on the ice.  It is sad to hear of 

lockdowns, but it seems that the adults that live in Thailand, are like the adults the world over, and have to

face a lock down as they do not act like adults, but like 4 year old children,  who cannot be trusted.. It is a sad fact.

Geezer

• Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 12:32 PM, expatjustice said:

Matter of fact is, if everyone stays at home for one year, and nobody goes out, it is virtually impossible for the virus to spread, period. 

And how is that working out for you?

On 4/16/2021 at 4:05 PM, rwill said:

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days – สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง – Immigration Bureau

Notification by registered mail

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
– front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
– current visa
– last entry stamp of immigration
– last extension of visa
2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don’t forget to sign name.)
5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration Checkpoint in local area where the alien resides.

Notice :
– Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
– Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
– Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
– Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
– Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

Thanks Rwill. I did it on Thursday.