Leaving Thailand, what airlines are permitted to fly to the UK?

AnnieSeek

Does anyone have an up to date list of airlines that are applicable to fly back to the UK? I am bailing as i think the situtation in Thailand is about to get worst. 

KLM have good prices but i do worry they had a ban before. Obviously Qatar and Emirates can't do as they on red list. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

THAI are still flying once a week direct to LHR.  BA are not flying there from BKK at this time.  EVA are perhaps starting direct flights again in June.  Either way you'll be looking forward to that 6 hours queue on arrival where you get the chance to rub shoulders with arrivals from all over the globe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

THAI are still flying once a week direct to LHR.  BA are not flying there from BKK at this time.  EVA are perhaps starting direct flights again in June.  Either way you'll be looking forward to that 6 hours queue on arrival where you get the chance to rub shoulders with arrivals from all over the globe.

I don't think this is the case nowadays.

My niece travelled about a month ago, half empty plane and empty airport, through in a jiffy

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Cargo I suspect, not passengers.

That makes sense, as the flights of this month are shown as BA10 but no flights to be booked at BA in the near future.

Pitfalls everywhere.

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 4/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, KhunBENQ said:

deleted

seems BA has just stopped flying (after April 12)

Lol April 2020 more like it. BA have not flown passengers to and from Thailand for at least a year. Cargo yes but passengers no

On 4/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, KhunBENQ said:

deleted

seems BA has just stopped flying (after April 12)

BA have not flown out of Bangkok for months but, as it stands at the moment, might resume in October. But even that info is months old, made at the time they stopped flights. Others might have more up to date info on them.

On 4/15/2021 at 7:42 AM, Sheryl said:

My niece travelled about a month ago, half empty plane and empty airport, through in a jiffy

Passengers are still being carried on the Sunday TG910/TG911 flights on a Sunday. The last set of figures available. for Feb, are for 1600+ passengers carried on the 4 flights pairs. Figures not available for the individual flights. Interestingly they have changed to a larger B777-300ER since April 4. They have also been flying on a flying on a Thursday since February using a B777-200ER. Not bookable on the Thai website so must be cargo only. Many airlines are using passenger aircraft for cargo only flights.

Interestingly there were 2 extra flights using B777-300ERs on Monday and Tuesday this week. One can only speculate he purpose of these flights. Chemical and equipment flights for Siam Bioscience ? I doubt they are Songran specials but who knows.

28 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

BA have not flown out of Bangkok for months but, as it stands at the moment, might resume in October. But even that info is months old, made at the time they stopped flights. Others might have more up to date info on them.

Just cargo flights these days. BKK - LHR BA3598 for April.

18 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) 77F 1:15 AM 8:40 AM

Scheduled   Play  
  17 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) 77F 1:15 AM 8:40 AM

Scheduled   Play  
  16 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBH) 11:43 1:15 AM 1:31 AM 8:40 AM

Landed 7:14 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  15 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBG) 11:33 1:15 AM 1:33 AM 8:40 AM

Landed 7:06 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  12 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBF) 12:00 1:36 AM

Landed 7:35 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  10 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBH) 12:20 1:40 AM

Landed 8:00 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  09 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBK) 12:16 1:15 AM 1:30 AM

Landed 7:45 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  08 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBJ) 12:18 1:15 AM 1:30 AM

Landed 7:47 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  07 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBL) 12:18 1:15 AM 1:29 AM

Landed 7:48 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  06 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBG) 12:20 1:33 AM

Landed 7:53 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  04 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBD) 12:19 1:31 AM

Landed 7:50 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  02 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBL) 12:58 1:37 AM

Landed 8:35 AM  KML  CSV   Play  
  01 Apr 2021 Bangkok (BKK) London (LHR) B77W (G-STBL) 1:15 AM 8:40 AM

On 4/15/2021 at 7:42 AM, Sheryl said:

Its actually a big problem at the moment and has been on the news for several days.

Be careful with KLM and cheap prices. I flew back with them to the UK three weeks ago. Got hit with a 4,600 baht fee at the check in desk for checking in my 15kg bag.

Make sure check in baggage is included in the ticket price. I've never experienced this before on my long haul travels, but got caught out this time.

Just now, Chill27 said:

Be careful with KLM and cheap prices. I flew back with them to the UK three weeks ago. Got hit with a 4,600 baht fee at the check in desk for checking in my 15kg bag.

Make sure check in baggage is included in the ticket price. I've never experienced this before on my long haul travels, but got caught out this time.

I payed the extra when I bought my ticket. 1200 baht.

Edited by polpott

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The last I heard was pretty much what you said - Nothing until October and then let's see how it is then.