Land prices ?

cclub75

Hello,

Looking for a possible relocation... could you give me some rough ideas about land prices in Krabi ?

Not beach land of course, but inland, around the city. Or even close to the Krabi International School.

Any hint would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Should be lots of very motivated sellers right now. I'd avoid letting the vendor know that it's for a foreigner to use. You'll see lots of for sale signs but it's (in my experience) never as easy as rocking up, doing a deal and paying the money at the land department. Many times my wife and I saw land around Nakhon Si Thammarat and there was always an issue such as shared ownership by family members and they would never all agree to do the deal. It should be a easier now and good luck in your search.

BTW: The 10 rai of rice field land I finally bought in 2004 for 40,000 Baht per rai was valued in 2016 for 400,000 Baht per rai and the wife accepted this valuation on our divorce. I'm not sure that anyone in their right mind would pay so much as it was on the edges of a village and not near mountains or beach.

We used two valuers to get an idea of price and one of them was from Krabi. They did a professional valuation (although I was shocked at land prices). You might get your wife to contact them as they may know of some good plots available. They were:

Kristian Olsen (General Manager)

TEN Thai Estate Network Co. Ltd

164/1 Moo 5 Nopparat Thara Road,

T. Ao Nang, A.

Muang Krabi 81180,

+66 (0)822 605 941, [email protected]

12 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

164/1 Moo 5 Nopparat Thara Road,

T. Ao Nang, A.

Thanks a lot for the contact.

If prices are shocking now in Krabi...  Prices near Bangkok, like Kao Yai, Pak Chong... are obscene.

????

So overall, fresh air (less pollution) + land big enough + sea + international school = nice quality of life.  A possible relocation that makes sense.

• Thanks 1

Like everywhere, prices vary a lot depending on location. Just outside of town you could find land for 300k per hong (5×20). But I doubt these would be places you want to live or even build. There are some stunning mountain view plots available in the area. Prices for those are in the 3-5 million per rai range, depending on location. And then there's everything in between. Check out the property pages on Facebook, like Ao Nang / Krabi Real Estate.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 10:00 PM, krabi local said:

Land prices are ridiculous in Krabi I think some people believe there is gold in the ground.

Currently there is land in Nong Thale (near Krabi international school) at 3.5 million per Rai.

Chon Plee 1.5 million for just over 1/4 Rai

That's pretty much the price in Rayong area near the beach. DD property is a good starting point for prices.

• 2 months later...

Let

On 4/14/2021 at 11:50 PM, Excel said:

So if you buy it in their name fine but just let them deal with the vendors. If they see a foreign face their eyelids are like a one armed bandit machine, think they got 5 cherries in a row.

sellers will also know if a prospective buyers wife is an ex bg with a strong essarn accent . Get someone that sounds professional and local to do the negotiations . $110 k for less the a 1/3 rd of an acre of marginal land is outrageous . 

Edited by chrisandsu

Wealthy Thais store their wealth in land. Land is essentially tax free so no carrying costs.  Farmland is leased out to large growers.  Good land, whether residential or farm will never be a bargain.   For instance, recently in Phra khanong, a decidedly downscale neighborhood of Bangkok, a 1 ngan (400 s/m) house lot on a nicer soi sold for 26 million baht.

I live on the outskirts of Krabi, about 15 mins from Town Centre. Not far from Makro, and about 1.5 km off Petch Kasem. Still lots of palm oil, some rubber, and suurounded by limestone mountains. We got 1 rai at a family price, but going rate is probably at least 1.5 million baht.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2021 at 12:00 PM, krabi local said:

Land prices are ridiculous in Krabi I think some people believe there is gold in the ground.

Currently there is land in Nong Thale (near Krabi international school) at 3.5 million per Rai.

Chon Plee 1.5 million for just over 1/4 Rai

A friend of mine just bought a hong in Lanta Noi for 58% of the asking price 2 years ago.

Some owners are getting desperate, especially if there's a Khai Phat (spelling?) waiting in the wings for his money.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:18 AM, EVENKEEL said:

That's pretty much the price in Rayong area near the beach. DD property is a good starting point for prices.

You can buy my landscaped land on the sea front in Koh Lanta for that price, Bt.6M/rai for 2.5 rai, providing you buy the villa that sits on it as well. ????

Considering, the second bridge is on it's way, that's cheap....