Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this is the right forum but I would like to start getting Peacock Premium for the EPL content and a year's subscription is 49.99$ "plus tax". Since I want to pay with a pre loaded payment card I need to know how much that tax will amount to. Would any of the American forum members happen to know this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madgee said:

Before subscribing I would recommend you read this: 

 

Peacock TV costs explained: Peacock Premium prices and free version of NBC streaming service | GamesRadar+

 

Peacock TV is not available in Thailand. (Unless running a VPN)

AFAIK, prices quoted are incl. of any taxes.

I have a VPN, I have a US address via Shipito and a US payment card via US Unlocked. Peacock do charge a sales tax:

Capture.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2021 at 8:22 PM, Inderpland said:

I have a US address

 

Which state?

 

Any additional tax would likely be sales tax - although some states do have other unusual taxes - which is easy to determine.

 

Simply google "sales tax 'State Name' "

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2021 at 8:00 AM, mtls2005 said:

 

Which state?

 

Any additional tax would likely be sales tax - although some states do have other unusual taxes - which is easy to determine.

 

Simply google "sales tax 'State Name' "

 

 

I have a CA address so I guess then the total sum would be 49.99 + 7.25%= 53.61$.

 

Edit: Just used a sales tax calcualtor based on location in CA (Torrance) and it came up with 9.5%, not 7.25.

Edited by Inderpland
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Inderpland said:

I have a CA address so I guess then the total sum would be 49.99 + 7.25%= 53.61$.

 

Edit: Just used a sales tax calcualtor based on location in CA (Torrance) and it came up with 9.5%, not 7.25.

Usually the sales tax charged is the base state tax which does not include any local government taxes, such as county or municipal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You should be able to proceed through the order process to determine the final price, before confirming the order and giving payment.

 

Can you overfund the prepayment card, just to be safe?

 

9.5% seems right for Torrance, that is your shipto address?

 

Some California cities and counties are considering a "Streaming Services" tax. Some may have already implemented one.

 

Proposition 13: wonderful, or not?

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

You should be able to proceed through the order process to determine the final price, before confirming the order and giving payment.

 

Can you overfund the prepayment card, just to be safe?

 

9.5% seems right for Torrance, that is your shipto address?

 

Some California cities and counties are considering a "Streaming Services" tax. Some may have already implemented one.

 

Proposition 13: wonderful, or not?

 

 

 

 

I could "overfund" the card but would likely never get any money back as I don't foresee the need to make any additional US purchases in the future so that's why I'm trying to get the tax part correct.

Yes, Torrance is my Shipto address.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...