Do I need to stop my relationship with my Thai girl?

I used to be handsome.    I never was tall.

However,  like Poty hopeful Sipi  ............    i finally found a great and faithful masterpiece.

When they REALLY  treat you nice, and continue the respect year after year.............

they will become like a  "masterpiece" ........ more enjoyable to view even as time marches on

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 1:59 AM, mstevens said:

It sounds like you've made the decision to move on but don't have the gonads to tell her. Do it, move on and very soon you'll feel a whole lot better about life.

well,  he's not old or ugly..... or god forbid short.     But i don't recall him saying how big his gonads were.      though i can imagine what the answer will be.........

48 minutes ago, James HB said:

That's right! Don't believe to any Thai girl or woman, all of them are looking for a monthly ATM! 

James,

I'd recommend you find a girl with an education and a decent job, and you'll realize how wrong you are.

• Like 1

Don't walk away, run away. Love yourself. There are plenty of wonderful gal here. If you want a real relationship learn the language and culture and find a woman who wants the same things you do. And here's one tip. If a Thai woman will go out on the first few dates with you without a chaperone then she is a professional. That is definitely not what you want for a long-term relationship, in my opinion anyways. For what it's worth.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Rayfish said:

Don't walk away, run away. Love yourself. There are plenty of wonderful gal here. If you want a real relationship learn the language and culture and find a woman who wants the same things you do. And here's one tip. If a Thai woman will go out on the first few dates with you without a chaperone then she is a professional. That is definitely not what you want for a long-term relationship, in my opinion anyways. For what it's worth.

Maybe this was true some years ago but not anymore!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jvs said:

Maybe this was true some years ago but not anymore!

Thai women are women. Women are more or less the same, wherever they were born. Biology 101, 555

Talking seriously, everythin depends on a person. Although there are some general advices you can give about the bargirls etc because men are their business, the rest totally depends on a person. You can't make a "rule" about Thai girls in general for sure. Can't believe I really had to say all this, isn't it obvious?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rayfish said:

She's professional, promiscuous or barmy especially if she's sexual on the first dates. The chaperone is often that hanger on friend not an elder aunt...

40 minutes ago, faraday said:

@Damrongsak

Always enjoy reading your 'early life' here - it must have been fascinating.

Thank you, it was.  Well, it was rather cute and quaint back then.  And genteel.   I did get lectured by the U.S. Peace Corps trainers for about 60 days, and I did like our Thai teachers.  Especially when one took us to a brothel in Khon Kaen (?).  It was the experience of a lifetime.  ( The whole thing, not the particular brothel, though it was good.) It did change my life attitude. Coming back to the U.S. was a bit of a shock.

On a visit 15-20 years later, walking through the market, some childhood friend of my wife selling roast chicken hailed me and we talked.  A couple distant relatives did the same. It was like going home.  I felt like I belonged. 

As far as my "early life",  the time I shinnied up the coconut tree and grabbed one didn't go well.  Black ants!  But the old farmer had a bamboo pole with a hook and could snag them easily.  It was prime time entertainment for some farmers, LOL. But I was thin like a monkey in those days. Another time I climbed up a mango tree - those red leaf roller ants mean business!  Loads of laughs.  All in a day's work. 

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if this is a wind up or not - if its real, you've answered your own question. 

If its done, its done - move on.  This is the show, its not a dress rehearsal, every day that passes is another you won't see again.

When you find a new girl, I've perfected a surefire way of testing if she's a 'keeper' or not - you should try it.

I got absolutely blathered on the first date - unintentionally but it happened - 2 towers of Chang draft at Tawan Daeng.  I couldn't even speak (or walk), never mind tell her the name of my hotel.  However, I woke up in my hotel the next morning, in bed, fully clothed with a hell of a Changover - she got me there intact and agreed to see me again when I called her to apologise - in fact she thought it was quite funny.

Any girl that will put up with that is a keeper! I kept her and we're married now.

I'd done the same with another girl a week earlier - not quite as blathered and again, I didn't intend getting drunk (honest). Apparently I was dancing with the staff - my date got jealous and gave me a hard time - I thought "jeez if she's like that now, what will she be like after I've been seeing her for a few months" - so I put her in taxi, gave the driver 100 baht, got in another taxi and went out on the town.  I look upon that night as practice for a week later when I perfected the test. ????

How I got back to my hotel that first time is a mystery.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

(Disclaimer:  Pick the family wisely.  We now have 3 of her siblings and their 3 kids here, courtesy of our sponsorship.  Ouch.  Actually they are nice and work hard.  Mow my yard, fix my cars and all.  Several are now U.S. citizens.) 

That is the best advise anyone can give.  Choose the family, and not only the girl. 

it doesnt matter you bring her back to your country, live in any of the tourist cities far away from the family, they will be with here no matter where she is, and influence her life on daily basis. 

3 minutes ago, Tagged said:

it doesnt matter you bring her back to your country, live in any of the tourist cities far away from the family, they will be with here no matter where she is, and influence her life on daily basis. 

I've never found that to be the case.

More to do with the guy being weak IMHO.

42 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never found that to be the case.

More to do with the guy being weak IMHO.

I have seen the strongest men being fooled around, and left with nothing than their bags. Have nothing to do with being strong, when the girl is missing her family and are heavliy influenced of their daily life and their needs. Just simple as that

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 6:41 PM, xylophone said:

In your post you said, "seems like the love has died" and, "our relationship has grown tenuous", so there you have two very good reasons to move on.

If you accept that, then moving on will be easy, however if you still have feelings for her, then you have perhaps a tough decision to make.

IMO hanging on to an almost dead relationship is a complete waste of time.

The OP could listen to one of the many versions of " You keep me hanging on " ;;; If not much help at least entertaining. 5555

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

The OP could listen to one of the many versions of " You keep me hanging on " ;;; If not much help at least entertaining. 5555

I just loved the version by "Vanilla Fudge". It also goes on a bit!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tagged said:

I have seen the strongest men being fooled around, and left with nothing than their bags. Have nothing to do with being strong, when the girl is missing her family and are heavliy influenced of their daily life and their needs. Just simple as that

The strongest men wouldn't have 'bet' more than they could afford to lose.

Being left with nothing is a clear sign of weakness.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:20 AM, fusion58 said:

A BS semantic argument if there ever was one.

Disagree,

'Dating' means the probability of sex is low (below 50%).

Every Thai girl I took out had 100% probability of sex so not 'dating'.

Same with love and marriage, once you love them or are married to them the probability of frequent sex is considerably lowered.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1