BREAKING: Thai government set to announce more restrictions nationwide

snoop1130

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Please don't shut the schools. I just paid for the next term before the holidays and between term holidays, public holidays and covid shutdowns she's never there.

Same here, just paid next terms fee's and got an email already from school that it will be closing for another two weeks and not opening till early May back to online learning, although that closure will probably be extended after the announcements by CCSA later today. That said there were 4 cases of covid found in the school just before it closed. 3 of the students and one teacher still in hospital and one of the parents also caught it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moe666 said:

alcohol has been banned in restaruants since songram, what rock you guys been under

Not banned in the one I

6 minutes ago, moe666 said:

alcohol has been banned in restaruants since songram, what rock you guys been under

Not banned in the one I was in last night. Or the one the night before. 

They both wanted you out by 10 pm though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Please don't shut the schools. I just paid for the next term before the holidays and between term holidays, public holidays and covid shutdowns she's never there.

Why not home school?

She would probably end up smarter anyway.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Another loop hole closed, so the satanic alcohol can not propagate the virus ????‍♂️

Hahahaha and the virus can read the clock as well it knows not to infect people untill 9pm untill the restaurants close then it can wonder around . Same as all the curfews in other countries the virus can see time , people are not aloud on the streets after 9pm because that's when the virus strikes , before 9pm the virus is at home taking a nap so it is fit at 9pm till 5am . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

No matter how well it can be perceived that Thailand did last year containing the virus, this is a whole new ball game now, far more challenging, they've already dropped the ball with serious consequences and I fear it will be many months before there is any hope of getting this under control.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

I am affraid that now is the time for the Thai government to be humbled by this little virus.

seems like this virus was sent from hell to humble governments all around the world.

First it started in china, than moved quickly to italy, than brought the u..s. and u.k. to their

knees, while skapping whole latine america with its tail.

now, is the time of Thailand. The measures announced are obviously insuficient.

daily infections will soon rise to 20-30 000 a day. if they are not allready there.

Well I thought they had a ban on alcohol

Well looks like that's it until the end of the month no bars  clubs selling of alcohol in restaurants ect

The 7/11 is going to do well out of this Pattaya might as well close down 

What are the poor tourists going to do especially the ones who asked to stay or those doing Quarantine who will come out to everything closed again ????

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No matter how well it can be perceived that Thailand did last year containing the virus, this is a whole new ball game now, far more challenging, they've already dropped the ball with serious consequences and I fear it will be many months before there is any hope of getting this under control.

Drop the ball with 97 deaths are you sure you’re not talking about the UK and the USA

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Well looks like that's it until the end of the month no bars  clubs selling of alcohol in restaurants ect

The 7/11 is going to do well out of this Pattaya might as well close down 

What are the poor tourists going to do especially the ones who asked to stay or those doing Quarantine who will come out to everything closed again ????

Why close Pattaya ?

38 minutes ago, rott said:

Not banned in the one I

Not banned in the one I was in last night. Or the one the night before. 

They both wanted you out by 10 pm though. 

Same here. we were given last orders at 9 pm and were out of the door at 9.45 pm.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

so alcohol in restaurants will stay, just limited hours.

what time are they allowed to start serving it?

Read carefully before commenting.....

All other restrictions will largely be the same in either zone, such as schools closed and no alcohol in restaurants, while pubs, bars, karaoke and massage parlours will be closed.

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Another loop hole closed, so the satanic alcohol can not propagate the virus ????‍♂️

If restaurants are allowed to open, it's easy to sit outside and drink alcohol bought from 7/11 or Mom & Pop stores. Complete waste of space, this government. 

What they should be doing, first and foremost, is to get off their ass and immediately roll out the vaccine to young people in the 15-30 age group ASAP, before any other age groups.  The quickest way to help prevent further outbreaks, which will be inevitable for months, even years, to come.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Drop the ball with 97 deaths are you sure you’re not talking about the UK and the USA

Did you read my post? I was not referring to the past performance and deaths, I am referring to the present outbreak, yes they've dropped the ball or maybe you think they are still doing well? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Can anyone tell me of a web site that gives informative Covid-19 statistics in either Thai or English? Preferably for Sa Kaeo province, Aranyaphret. All I seem to find is out of date, questionable sites with links that go to bloody useless adverts.

Cheers.

A number of posts with false or misleading information regarding the seasonal flu have been removed:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

9 minutes ago, SwampyThai said:

Can anyone tell me of a web site that gives informative Covid-19 statistics in either Thai or English? Preferably for Sa Kaeo province, Aranyaphret. All I seem to find is out of date, questionable sites with links that go to bloody useless adverts.

Cheers.

Have a look in yesterdays and the day before thread on here with the daily covid numbers release on page 2 below is link.

Thailand reports 1,543 new COVID-19 cases - Thailand News - Thai Visa Forum

There is a clear picture graph in yellow and blue in English and Thai with the daily figures to all provinces with new cases.l

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

Been over one year since Covid hit.

Along came the Doom and Gloom predictions of hospitals filled to overflowing, people dead in the gutter, starvation, rampant crime ...

Where is it ?

Now in year two and we STILL hear the same stories - Oh, because of a new strain ...

Listen to yourselves - do you even read what you post ?

Or just jump on the bandwagon and spout all the conspiracy theories you have heard on social media, or that your cat whispers to you in the night.

Pitiful

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2