BREAKING: Thai government set to announce more restrictions nationwide

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

And what we're routinely seeing now is that there are people with three, four, in some cases five different virus infections. So, while it's probably true that you will get this very powerful immune response, including the release of this chemical interferon when you have a virus infection, it's also true that you are not put into a completely resistant state and you can succumb to multiple viruses at once.

https://tinyurl.com/y3hdoqnv

I am was wrong, now that I've done some reading on the subject it seems the article I read previously on this subject was a load of tosh! Sorry.

15 hours ago, Excel said:

Shut the whole country down with obviously some exceptions such as Government Ministers with their mia nois, mia nois in their own gifted car willing to give freebies to the police, those that drive cars valued more than 15 million baht, those that give bribes to anybody in government and of course anybody else who can say whilst drunk in their car "do you know who I am".  That should cover most.

Who's jealous then?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Brierley said:

I am was wrong, now that I've done some reading on the subject it seems the article I read previously on this subject was a load of tosh! Sorry.

5555......I only looked it up because I was interested....I could see some logic behind the notion, but hadn't come across it before......we live (those of us who are vaccinated) and learn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dallen52 said:

Gatherings of 50.

When will they learn that isolation works better when the number is ONE.

50 is a pretty big crowd. The UK had a rule of 6 for a long time. Certainly I would not feel comfortable in a crowd 50 strong.

also what about planes or even buses? Planes would have more than 50 people for sure.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, internationalism said:

so alcohol in restaurants will stay, just limited hours.

what time are they allowed to start serving it?

who cares...  dont want staff breathing on me not worth it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YetAnother said:

total bozos; you dont do this in the middle of songkran when bangkok is empty ! should have cancelled songkran; TOTAL idiots

I don't think you understand, they had to let songkran go ahead because that now gives them a valid excuse to shut the country down, don't forget.....its all part of the plan ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, mick01827 said:

I don't think you understand, they had to let songkran go ahead because that now gives them a valid excuse to shut the country down, don't forget.....its all part of the plan ????

What plan?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:
2 minutes ago, mick01827 said:

What plan?

If you need to ask...

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mick01827 said:

Also....they were asked not to travel........or stay put once there, which they can't........so yes.... their fault if it kicks off....it's a win-win.......your fault not ours and now we will lock you down.......too clever for Anutin......??

Just now, Surelynot said:

Also....they were asked not to travel........or stay put once there, which they can't........so yes.... their fault if it kicks off....it's a win-win.......your fault not ours and now we will lock you down.......too clever for Anutin......??

Anutin isn't the one making the big decisions.  Luckily.  Unfortunately, he's in the news.

34 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

10,000 still in care?  16 on ventilators?  It's getting bad.

Um, yes, worse than yesterday, but is it any worse than the number of flu and pneumonia patients* that were in care and on ventilators this time a couple of years ago for example? We should have a little perspective here and not go into a panic.

*According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 44,549 or 9.11% of total deaths. The age adjusted Death Rate for flu and pneumonia was 47.82 per 100,000 of population and on this Thailand ranked #70 in the world.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

TV members are quoting (and some gloating) on the increase in case numbers and Thai social media is in a downright frenzy of fear over the prospects … yet the fact remains (as I predicted on 12 April in another thread) whereas there has been an exponential increase in the number of recorded cases recently, there has not been a corresponding exponential growth in recorded deaths. There has been no direct (exponential) correlation between cases and deaths.

You can see this clearly in the following charts comparing Covid cases vs Covid deaths, whereas case numbers have rocketed in spurts (by a total of around 800%) so far this year, the increase in deaths has been steady, consistent and quite tiny.

Covid-19 case chart:

image.png.ef2c4f13350056b266c8202a26dbcdc3.png

Covid-19 death chart

image.png.a1f1de9971149af2d5f68b6304be5898.png

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/thailand

Edited by Antonymous
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Antonymous said:

There has been no direct (exponential) correlation between cases and deaths.

Because deaths always lag ......std to call them in if they die within 28 days of a positive test......might not be accurate, but good enough to id trends.....but always out dated data.

As SAGE says.....you can't wait for data in a pandemic to act.......you have to act!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Excel said:

Shut the whole country down with obviously some exceptions such as Government Ministers with their mia nois, mia nois in their own gifted car willing to give freebies to the police, those that drive cars valued more than 15 million baht, those that give bribes to anybody in government and of course anybody else who can say whilst drunk in their car "do you know who I am".  That should cover most.

and the master of BS (Anutin) open his mouth again

Lockdown not needed: Anutin

Minister says govt has control over virus

Edited by onthedarkside
link to BKK Post article removed