What to do if you have covid sympoms in Chiang Mai?

CrossBones

On 4/16/2021 at 2:02 PM, Cory1848 said:

My gym in Chiang Mai just shut down this morning (Friday, April 16) for at least two weeks because a member recently tested positive; I was there last Sunday, same time as this member. I have no symptoms, but the advice was to self-quarantine for two weeks; if no symptoms crop up during that time, then I’m probably OK.

Testing is possible at Lanna Hospital (and certainly other hospitals), but for foreigners the fee is 3,500 baht, and you need to schedule a time online or by calling. I was told, if I developed symptoms, get tested.

Are you allowed to say which gym Closed?

Edited by fearless1

On 4/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, possum1931 said:

That fee is nothing but a rip off, just another example of greed taking over using the advantage of peoples misfortune in a world wide pandemic.

If I did not have the Chinese virus insurance, I would stay at home and self quarantine if I suspected I had it. Pay these greedy hospitals 3.500 Bt would be the very last resort, not because I can't afford it, just on principle.

I would be interested to know what you would consider to be a reasonable charge and how you calculate the amount.

Taking into account that private hospitals receive no funding from the government.

1 minute ago, StevieAus said:

I would be interested to know what you would consider to be a reasonable charge and how you calculate the amount.

Taking into account that private hospitals receive no funding from the government.

I don't know that, but if a certain vaccine cost about $10 in America, why are prices from about 3000Bt to about 8000Bt mentioned in private hospitals?

17 hours ago, fearless1 said:

My gym in Chiang Mai just shut down this morning (Friday, April 16) for at least two weeks because a member recently tested positive ...

Are you allowed to say which gym Closed?

I don't know, but I will: Ruam Chok Fitness Center, on the 3rd floor of the new area that's opened up there, with the new Top's at the far end of the parking area. This ought to be public knowledge, just like everyone knows when the Warm Up Cafe closes because of exposure and the press reports on it. The gym acted quickly and responsibly when they found out, and otherwise it's a great gym, I recommend it! (And I say that quite honestly, not just to cover my tracks.)

Edited by Cory1848
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I don't know that, but if a certain vaccine cost about $10 in America, why are prices from about 3000Bt to about 8000Bt mentioned in private hospitals?

I suspect you would need to ask someone who is involved in the importation of medical products.

However I can only suggest that once you transport anything there is an immediate obvious cost and more so when the product has to be kept under special conditions.

Add to this any regulatory costs both on the export and import side.

I don’t know if there are any regulatory controls on the price charged in the US, whether the cost is subsidized by the government or if “ buying in bulk” reduces the cost.

I often wonder why I can buy certain drugs here over the counter cheaper than I can buy them in Australia and private hospital and dental treatment of the same standard is substantially cheaper.

• Like 2