Pattaya: Pit Bull tranquilized and heads for retraining after savage attack on owner

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Update News

A two year old mixed breed American Pit Bull was tranquilized yesterday after attacking its owner in Pattaya.

Fifty six year old Wisit Sanguanmak is in Chonburi hospital. The right side of his neck was savaged, his right ear torn apart, his left ear damaged and the skin torn off his head, reported Pattaya Update News

The dog is called Giant and is a 2 year old mixed breed American Pit Bull, said Seuksa Ketnak, 38, of the Pit Bill Zone Association who took the dog into custody after it had been shot twice and had ben cleaned up of all the blood. 

Seuksa said that this breed also known as a Ban Dog needed special handling but had been molly-coddled by the owner. 

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Update News

They are used for guarding houses and property. 

They were taking Giant away for retraining with the agreement of the owner.

Pictures published by the PUN appeared to show a great deal of blood at the scene of the attack.

It happened in a house in Moo 9 Bang Lamung prompting vets from the local authority to come and tranquilize the dog before handing it over to the association. 

Information about Ban Dog's online says they are "perfectly acceptable family pets" falling under the category of "gentle giants" but that a "bandog is only as aggressive as it is trained to be. Bad masters make for bad dogs" (nedhardy.com).

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-16

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Unfortunately true.

In Germany most of these dogs are owned by "bad masters", aggressive/dangerous.

Here in the village one pit bull is on my friends-list. Always running to me and enjoy being cuddled.

Quite sure this master was not qualified to keep his dog.

Likely abused, permanently locked in alone etc.

I was one of the last people in Germany to own a Staffordshire.......after an horrendous incident in a school playground where an American (would be American) bulldog killed a child the Germans drew up a list of banned dogs, which overtime would no longer exist in Germany......strangely German Shepards, Doberman pinchers and Rottweilers were not on the list???????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

bulldog killed a child the Germans

Sounds harsh but I was relieved to read it was the owner who was attacked.

Yesterday only saw the headline and thought it happened on the street.

• Like 1

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Sounds harsh but I was relieved to read it was the owner who was attacked.

Yesterday only saw the headline and thought it happened on the street.

It was horrific.........poor kid....I remember it hitting the news....must have been around....1998 ish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

It was horrific.........poor kid....I remember it hitting the news....must have been around....1998 ish.

I referred to the current report in the thread where the owner was the victim.

Edited by KhunBENQ

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Information about Ban Dog's online says they are "perfectly acceptable family pets" falling under the category of "gentle giants" but that a "bandog is only as aggressive as it is trained to be. Bad masters make for bad dogs" (nedhardy.com).

I'm sure it was just a friendly nip... 

Seuksa said that this breed also known as a Ban Dog needed special handling but had been molly-coddled by the owner. 

That seems to be contradictory - if it's a nice family type dog, why did it attack him if he molly-coddled it, surely that's what families do with their dogs (mostly).

Maybe they meant the opposite?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BusyB said:

That seems to be contradictory - if it's a nice family type dog, why did it attack him if he molly-coddled it, surely that's what families do with their dogs (mostly).

Maybe they meant the opposite?

Pretty simple, he didn’t train the dog properly, he didn’t assume the position of pack leader, so he left the dog no choice, but to assume that position itself and then he must have done something really bad, like hitting the dog repeatedly or starving it or whatever, until the dog had enough. Dogs don’t just attack h7mans like that unless it’s a guard dog or a protection dog and some one prompted th3 dog to do its ‘job!’

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, madmen said:

Owner passed away. They had it since 4 months old pup. He was attacked in his sleep, a True nightmare 

Where did you get that? I honestly doubt that the dog attacked the guy in his sleep! 

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I like the add on.......and you can't teach a stupid dog any tricks...555

That saying is BS! Cesar Milan, yeah, I know, no5 the best example for the controversial methods he uses, and countless other professional dog trainers will most definitely tell you otherwise! 

3 hours ago, Paul DS said:

Retraining?  Who in there right mind would take on this dog in the future! 

For everyones sake, please do the humane thing and euthanise the dangerous dog!

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about dogs!