Pattaya: City braces for lockdown - mayor says "we're ready for anything"

webfact

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Sir.... Lockdowns, Curfews, Travel Bans or even then word Ban are no longer politically correct words.....

• Haha 1

Also

-Pools (says indoor and outdoor, they removed the word public, likely to avoid the regular conflict in prior lockdowns with condo owners), waterparks, amusement parks, stand-alone video game machines, kids areas in markets and malls.

On 4/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, Inderpland said:

Anyone know if the gyms are closed?

As of tomorrow everything is closed. Massage shops. Bars. Gyms. +++++ No going on the beach only for a walk. About the only things that are open will be food places, restaurants super markets. The latter can sell Booze but for T/A only. Restaurants cant sell booze and all must close by 9pm bit later but for T/A food only. There's not a lock down but as good as. To end on a good note you can so far still get your hair cut.  

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

As of tomorrow everything is closed. Massage shops. Bars. Gyms. +++++ No going on the beach only for a walk. About the only things that are open will be food places, restaurants super markets. The latter can sell Booze but for T/A only. Restaurants cant sell booze and all must close by 9pm bit later but for T/A food only. There's not a lock down but as good as. To end on a good note you can so far still get your hair cut.  

So........................ everything is NOT closed - and it is NOT a lockdown.

Makro, Big C, Lotus', Friendship, Siamsburi's et all  - all open ?

Freedom of movement?... pretty much I would say. 

Gyms closed?.............................• Stadiums and gyms can open until 9pm and competitions can be held without an audience.

• Haha 1

Just now, hotandsticky said:

So........................ everything is NOT closed - and it is NOT a lockdown.

Makro, Big C, Lotus', Friendship, Siamsburi's et all  - all open ?

Freedom of movement?... pretty much I would say. 

Gyms closed?.............................• Stadiums and gyms can open until 9pm and competitions can be held without an audience.

Reading your post, then thinking about you in the gym..... holy hell that would certainly be a laugh.????????????????????

• Like 2

21 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Yes, I also know who his dad was introduced to him 20 plus years ago along with his other son who attended Golden Gate University in S.F. who was actually elected Mayor although fixed? He was removed but now serves in a higher position in the Government which is most likely how Lumpie got the position.????

Fortunately for me, I never met him, never lived in a area under his control and rarely visited Pattaya.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Reading your post, then thinking about you in the gym..... holy hell that would certainly be a laugh.????????????????????

I was going to buy you a new pair of trainers....... but you can s0d off now.....????????

Edited by hotandsticky
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Walter Travolta said:

I believe treatment was required to reverse the paralysis and was successful. Not sure if it would have been permanent otherwise

Really... the report I saw said numbness as well, but no mention of treatment required. Don't like the sound of that.

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Really... the report I saw said numbness as well, but no mention of treatment required. Don't like the sound of that.

I only read the 1 report and think it was on here. If I remember rightly 6 people suffered paralysis from side effects from taking Sinovac. They were given medication to reverse that which worked. 

I am not claiming this to be what happened, I only read that so . . . . . gotta be careful how you word things on here otherwise there are the 24/7 TVFers who cant wait to put their white wigs on and cross examine you!!!

On 4/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, billd766 said:

"Ready for anything"

How about cleaning up ALL the corruption in Pattaya, starting at the very top and going to the very bottom of the local government, police, military, chasing all the scammers and the double pricers, all the jet ski owners, motorcycle renters etc.

And then if all that works (it won't of course), Pattaya might be worth saving.

don't forget the condo managers overcharging maintenance and making other kinds of scam on most condos here, condo rental agents that don't give back the deposits at end of location ... Pattaya collected the best people and now for some of them is difficult time

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, billd766 said:

"Ready for anything"

How about cleaning up ALL the corruption in Pattaya, starting at the very top and going to the very bottom of the local government, police, military, chasing all the scammers and the double pricers, all the jet ski owners, motorcycle renters etc.

And then if all that works (it won't of course), Pattaya might be worth saving.

Ban the moaners.

21 hours ago, Walter Travolta said:

I only read the 1 report and think it was on here. If I remember rightly 6 people suffered paralysis from side effects from taking Sinovac. They were given medication to reverse that which worked. 

I am not claiming this to be what happened, I only read that so . . . . . gotta be careful how you word things on here otherwise there are the 24/7 TVFers who cant wait to put their white wigs on and cross examine you!!!

You mean holding people accountable for what they write about serious medical matters?