Pattaya: City braces for lockdown - mayor says "we're ready for anything"

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Update News

Pattaya's mayor Sontaya Khunplome told Pattaya Update News that his city was ready for anything and would follow a potential lockdown order to the letter.

He was aware that Chonburi was at the forefront of infected provinces along with Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Prachuap Khiri Khan after more than 1,500 infections were reported on one day.

He said that City Hall would be meeting early Friday  morning to make preparations for the decisions of the CCSA small committee today. 

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya Update News

He acknowledged that a lockdown would be terrible for both tourism and the lives of the local population but they must do what they must do. 

Events like the Dern Kin Thin Na Klua could still go ahead, he said, but without any form of entertainment attached. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-16

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He acknowledged that a lockdown would be terrible for both tourism and the lives of the local population but they must do what they must do.

What they must do is perhaps out of his hands.... Vaccination, get on with it!

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

"Ready for anything"

How about cleaning up ALL the corruption in Pattaya, starting at the very top and going to the very bottom of the local government, police, military, chasing all the scammers and the double pricers, all the jet ski owners, motorcycle renters etc.

And then if all that works (it won't of course), Pattaya might be worth saving.

Well, that's something.... not anything, so not covered. ????

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

Such a request is just not realistic, first he didn't get elected he was put in place to make sure ALL the corruption continues in Pattaya. Saving Pattaya making the <deleted> hole cleaner doesn't fill the self serving pockets. Get a photo of him when he came and look at him now???? gain 50 kilos life is good.

I agree with you. I know who his Dad was, and he not called the "Godfather" of Chon Buri for no reason.

• Like 2

Pattaya: City braces for lockdown - mayor says "we're ready for anything"

I hope everyone is  suitably Braced   55,  personally I haven't had to Brace myself for years. I've forgotton how to do it now.

can anyone give me some instruction on Bracing Please

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

I agree with you. I know who his Dad was, and he not called the "Godfather" of Chon Buri for no reason.

Yes, I also know who his dad was introduced to him 20 plus years ago along with his other son who attended Golden Gate University in S.F. who was actually elected Mayor although fixed? He was removed but now serves in a higher position in the Government which is most likely how Lumpie got the position.????

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, Inderpland said:

Anyone know if the gyms are closed?

Be aware that officially the new restrictions start from tomorrow.

From the Pattaya News article:

-Gyms and fitness centers can OPEN but must close by 9:00 P.M., No group activities, classes, etc.(National order)