Nirun Condo Opinions

DerbyDan

Has anyone here lived at Nirun in Pattaya?

Any opinions or stories appreciated.

With details. If you like it or not, why?

I'm looking at it for a potential long term (1-year) living situation.

Thanks, man.

Edited by DerbyDan
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, madmen said:

What a dump, if you like to associate with the lowest class farangs and hookers then it's fine 

I didn't want to use such graphic language ????

And even if you are on a short budget there are other places to find.

Maybe a bit further from the center.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

With the defamation laws I will say nothing other then hey man, you can walk to Big C..

With the number of 7-11s between I guess many do not go that far....  perhaps those on a liquid diet.

4 hours ago, Banana7 said:

I have friends who have owned a condo in Nirun and others that have rented condos in it. The guys that rented, keep returning to it, year after year.

These guys wouldn't return if it was as bad as some make out.  I bet many of those bad mouthing the place have never spent any time there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, treetops said:

I bet many of those bad mouthing the place have never spent any time there.

That's the whole point. Agent takes you through and you tell agent, " I don't want to spend anymore time here" 

2 hours ago, madmen said:

That's the whole point. Agent takes you through and you tell agent, " I don't want to spend anymore time here" 

So very superficial and no real idea what the place is like, unlike the guys who are returning there time after time.

There are farangs there who could probably buy and sell many forum members many times over - why? - because it's comfortable, has everything you want close by, is peanuts to LK Metro or Walking Street in a Bolt, and is older so much better built than the things going up nowadays.  Of course the prices are a benefit, but no-one with common sense wants to go to the darkside or Jomtien/Naklua for the same money but without the facilities they want that would be on their doorstep in Arunotai.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, rhodie said:

As with everything it depends on you. I have been living here for near on 3 years and I think it's great. Started off in the low rise but moved to a bigger room in the D block after 6 months. Have made a lot of friends in Nirun and surrounds. There used to be a lot of problems 10 years ago, but these days things are much better. Obviously not the Ritz but real good value for money. The outside pool was totally redone 4 years ago and the one in D block had a makeover last year. All floors are cleaned daily so stay reasonably tidy. There are 7 restaurants and lots of mom and pop shops in the complex. Outside there are 14 bars within 100 metres.

There are many agents in the complex that will show you rooms.

What sort of problems 10 years ago?

Is this a party building with noise or knocking shop rooms, or is it more cheap charlies who live there long term?

Yes, Nirun is at the bottom end of accommodations (rent or buy) but nobody try's to say its not. If you accept it for what it is, it can be no better or worse than any other condo block, but a whole lot cheaper.

Its priced accordingly.

I have know guys who rented or owned in there and have been perfectly happy, friends with their Thai neighbors etc.

You can just as easily have an axe murderer live next door in an expensive condo block.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Both Nirun and 9 Karet are well passed their sell by date...if you like sipping a big chang all day with like-minded alcaholics it's the place for you....Can imagine the prison wardens shouting walk the line...far better deals elsewhere now..Plenty 1 bed new builds at 5k in Jomtien

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

What sort of problems 10 years ago?

Is this a party building with noise or knocking shop rooms, or is it more cheap charlies who live there long term?

There was a problem with maintenance so nothing was being fixed. Also had a spate of robberies. No more noise than normal in Thailand. There are a few guys who are in the pubs early in the morning, but they don't bother anyone. Everyone lives their lives differently.

47 minutes ago, Henryford said:

You know you are on skidrow when you are thinking of living at Nirun.

What I am really looking for is to fit in. Not how fancy the place is. I want to come home to someplace where it feels "normal". Not a big deal. Not interested in fancy places with maids, doormen, that sort of thing.

I want to be happy, have a good time, and pretty much disappear un-noticed at the end of the day.

I don't want a bunch of hassle though or have to deal with weird neighbors, security guys, or others kind of nagging or catering like one would do at a luxury apartment when you pass the lobby. I want to be anonymous, unless I invite people into my sphere.

Don't want to show ID every time I come home, or deal with speakers on locked gates, security clearance through each time, though I don't mind self-service security like fobs, elevators keys etc. because it's predictable and not a fluid situation each time like you would have with a manned gate.

Also, don't want to be somewhere where people are saying "farang, farang" when I come home, or with any type of gossip. Don't want to stand out. I want to blend in easy without the hassle. But I also want it safe, comfortable, and sanitary, don't want to smell trash in the hallway or listen to farm animals, fighting etc.

Edited by DerbyDan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

What I am really looking for is to fit in. Not how fancy the place is. I want to come home to someplace where it feels "normal". Not a big deal. Not interested in fancy places with maids, doormen, that sort of thing.

I want to be happy, have a good time, and pretty much disappear un-noticed at the end of the day.

I don't want a bunch of hassle though or have to deal with weird neighbors, security guys, or others kind of nagging or catering like one would do at a luxury apartment when you pass the lobby. I want to be anonymous, unless I invite people into my sphere.

Don't want to show ID every time I come home, or deal with speakers on locked gates, security clearance through each time, though I don't mind self-service security like fobs, elevators keys etc. because it's predictable and not a fluid situation each time like you would have with a manned gate.

Also, don't want to be somewhere where people are saying "farang, farang" when I come home, or with any type of gossip. Don't want to stand out. I want to blend in easy without the hassle. But I also want it safe, comfortable, and sanitary, don't want to smell trash in the hallway or listen to farm animals, fighting etc.

Most places are like that, so back to price really, how much you want to spend?

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Most places are like that, so back to price really, how much you want to spend?

25k a month max.

Like I said though, I have had a hard time finding middle ground. It's always been either too upscale where people are trying to cater or always watching to see if I'm Ok, or too cheap where it looks weird like "he can afford better" type stuff. I have tried both situations in Thailand, and it never feels 100% comfortable.

Edited by DerbyDan

28 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

If you don't have a lot of stuff to move, easy to give a place a try. Just rent for a month and see how it goes. Most condo buildings will let you rent by the month especially in these covid times. If you have a lot to move, keep the old place and just spend an extra months rent to get a feel.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

25k a month max.

For that money you can get a place in VT6 (if a good sized studio suits)' unobtrusive security, close to everything including Baht bus north and south.

In fact for that money can get any decent building.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Salerno said:

For that money you can get a place in VT6 (if a good sized studio suits)' unobtrusive security, close to everything including Baht bus north and south.

In fact for that money can get any decent building.

Thanks for the advice. That does not fix the problem in my head though.

3 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

That does not fix the problem in my head though.

What problem? VT6 gives you exactly what you described earlier, but it's right in the middle of "the action",  hence suggesting it.

Edited by Salerno