Nirun Condo Opinions

DerbyDan

38 minutes ago, DerbyDan said:

25k a month max.

Like I said though, I have had a hard time finding middle ground. It's always been either too upscale where people are trying to cater or always watching to see if I'm Ok, or too cheap where it looks weird like "he can afford better" type stuff. I have tried both situations in Thailand, and it never feels 100% comfortable.

Sounds like you want to be a recluse and not disturbed by security, office staff or anyone. Probably the cheaper places are relaxed about security as they can't afford to be strict.  Could try Pattaya Pad, Pattaya Plaza, both would allow that lifestyle, cheap though at circ 6k or less, similar to Nirun but bigger condos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerbyDan said:

What I am really looking for is to fit in. Not how fancy the place is. I want to come home to someplace where it feels "normal". Not a big deal. Not interested in fancy places with maids, doormen, that sort of thing.

I want to be happy, have a good time, and pretty much disappear un-noticed at the end of the day.

I don't want a bunch of hassle though or have to deal with weird neighbors, security guys, or others kind of nagging or catering like one would do at a luxury apartment when you pass the lobby. I want to be anonymous, unless I invite people into my sphere.

Don't want to show ID every time I come home, or deal with speakers on locked gates, security clearance through each time, though I don't mind self-service security like fobs, elevators keys etc. because it's predictable and not a fluid situation each time like you would have with a manned gate.

Also, don't want to be somewhere where people are saying "farang, farang" when I come home, or with any type of gossip. Don't want to stand out. I want to blend in easy without the hassle. But I also want it safe, comfortable, and sanitary, don't want to smell trash in the hallway or listen to farm animals, fighting etc.

Get a renovated double or triple room at Nirun. You might get noticed at the pool by some lovely Thai lady if you are handsome. Other than that, nobody will bother you, come and go as you please.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya Pad, Pattaya Plaza

That's what I was talking about. Some real nasty normality there. 

I read a review that said the building was full of unknown old and disabled farang. People that had just washed in somehow and never left.

On 4/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, rhodie said:

As with everything it depends on you. I have been living here for near on 3 years and I think it's great. Started off in the low rise but moved to a bigger room in the D block after 6 months. Have made a lot of friends in Nirun and surrounds. There used to be a lot of problems 10 years ago, but these days things are much better. Obviously not the Ritz but real good value for money. The outside pool was totally redone 4 years ago and the one in D block had a makeover last year. All floors are cleaned daily so stay reasonably tidy. There are 7 restaurants and lots of mom and pop shops in the complex. Outside there are 14 bars within 100 metres.

There are many agents in the complex that will show you rooms.

Does it have strong Internet?

45 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

Does it have strong Internet?

You can choose your internet provider. Each condo is individually owned so there is no free internet. Some rentals do come with internet, but you would need to check the speed individually.

• Thanks 2

On 4/16/2021 at 8:33 PM, rhodie said:

There was a problem with maintenance so nothing was being fixed. Also had a spate of robberies. No more noise than normal in Thailand. There are a few guys who are in the pubs early in the morning, but they don't bother anyone. Everyone lives their lives differently.

How is the water pressure on the upper floors? or quality of countertops?

Older tall buildings lke this seem to be kind of rare, but the ones I have seen had more durable quality materials.

For example, the walls are thicker like a real condo, and the counters had thick linoleum, and tiles on the floors or hallways that are thick and genuine, even if dirty due to age,
vs
newer buildings like Treetops for example, which seem to be going up all over and made in China type furnishings that are more flimsy and feel more disposable.

I did choose an older building when I lived in Bangkok for these reasons and it's much more my type. I don't like many of the newer projects, they tend to look shiny when new but don't stand the test of time after a few years.

There's no way to really know without viewing the unit, I'm going to do that anyhow. Just wanted some opinions of others out of curiosity.

Edited by DerbyDan
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

How is the water pressure on the upper floors? or quality of countertops?

I live on a high floor and the water pressure is strong. Not sure what you mean by countertops. Every unit is furnished by the owner. 

• Haha 1

On 4/17/2021 at 8:31 AM, DerbyDan said:

That's what I was talking about. Some real nasty normality there. 

I read a review that said the building was full of unknown old and disabled farang. People that had just washed in somehow and never left.

If you want value for money and wish to be left alone; try R-Con Wongamat. 

Nicer beach and area; though you'll need your own motorbike. 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:11 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Sounds like you want to be a recluse and not disturbed by security, office staff or anyone.

Why would I want to be disturbed in my own home or on the phone unless I invited somebody over beforehand or they had a damn good reason for being there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DerbyDan said:

Why would I want to be disturbed in my own home or on the phone unless I invited somebody over beforehand or they had a damn good reason for being there?

Kinda normal behaviour for interactions with security and office staff sometimes

The hallways are filthy and don't look like they are ever cleaned. That is the biggest turnoff for me.  Location is ok but I wish the road was wider to make it easier to walk to Big C Extra.  It's a low end kind of place with tenants to match.  The one and only reason to stay there is because it's cheap.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 2

On 4/16/2021 at 1:48 AM, rhodie said:

All floors are cleaned daily so stay reasonably tidy...

Since when?  That was not my experience a few years ago.  Hallways were filthy.

Edited by shdmn

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

Since when?  That was not my experience a few years ago.  Hallways were filthy.

Not sure how many years ago you were here, but for the 3 years I have been here, the halls are mopped daily. 

As I have said, it's not the Ritz, but please try to post up to date information.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DerbyDan said:

Just a fyi I have been getting a couple polite and informative private messages from different people talking about how great Nirun is.
Seems to be long term residents. Apparently they don't want to post positive stuff on the building in the public forum.

Not sure why. Just wanted to put that out there.

Are you trying to imply I live there and don't want people to know how awesome that farang ghetto is?  ????

Edited by shdmn

14 hours ago, rhodie said:

Not sure how many years ago you were here, but for the 3 years I have been here, the halls are mopped daily. 

As I have said, it's not the Ritz, but please try to post up to date information.

I will have another look next time I can get out there.  That's just a wee bit difficult right now. 

What about the light fixtures?  Many hanging by the cord and half of them weren't even working.

Edited by shdmn