Multi Entry Visa - How is it being done

Hello

quick question for those in the know. When someone has a Multi Entry Visa, how are the doing the leaving every 90 days during

this time? Are they actually leaving or are they going to the nearest Immigration and getting stamped.

I am asking as going to apply for a Multi Entry Non O (Married to Thai) and just thinking ahead.

At this time a multiple entry non-o is about worthless since it is not a easy matter of doing a border hop for a new entry.

All you can do is apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife or at this time a 60 day covid 19 extension.

Am applying in Frankfurt.

Backup plan is to get a Single Entry then do an Extension in Thailand at Nonthaburi based either on Marriage or Father of a Thai child,. Here the question which one is easier to actually get, Child or Based on Marriage?

1 hour ago, beano2274 said:

Here the question which one is easier to actually get, Child or Based on Marriage?

If immigration allowed you to apply for the extension based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the day you apply instead of 2 months for marriage.

Both are about the same for doing the application.

"extension based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the Day you Apply instead of 2 months for marriage".....Good Info....thanks..UB....

25 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

"extension based upon being the parent of a Thai the 400k baht only has to be in the bank on the Day you Apply instead of 2 months for marriage".....Good Info....thanks..UB....

Depends on how long you want to stay in Thailand. You can only obtain one 60 day extension to visit children. 

Keep in mind that if you obtain a non o (marriage) you can then obtain a 12 month extension. If you need exit Thailand and return you can buy a reentry permit prior to exit.

Edited by DrJack54

34 minutes ago, Rinrada said:

You should also consider that whichever reason you choose (marriage/Thai family) those persons will also have to be present when applying for the extension.

Based on Thai child, that could disrupt their schooling and many IO's also request the Mothers attendance as well.

Based on marriage, only the wife needs to accompany you.

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Depends on how long you want to stay in Thailand. You can only obtain one 60 day extension to visit children. 

Keep in mind that if you obtain a non o (marriage) you can then obtain a 12 month extension. If you need exit Thailand and return you can buy a reentry permit prior to exit.

A one year extension of stay is allowed for being the parent of a Thai. About the same requirements as for being married to a Thai.

25 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Do you not mean a 90 day + 60 day extension?

That was given since I was replying about a multiple entry non-o visa that allows a 90 day entry.

At this time is not easy to leave and re-enter the country for a new 90 day entry.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was given since I was replying about a multiple entry non-o visa that allows a 90 day entry.

Yes but you actually said 'apply for a 60 day to visit your wife' so to be  clear - what you actually meant was 'apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife'?

Edited by KhaoYai

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Yes but you actually said 'apply for a 60 day to visit your wife' so to be  clear - what you actually meant was 'apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife'?

I added a additional extension into my post but since it was a or statement and the one at end of the line probably was enough.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I added a additional extension into my post but since it was a or statement and the one at end of the line probably was enough.

Thanks for the clarification and the addition - I thought maybe there was a new 60 day visa.

Edited by KhaoYai

I got a multiple entry visa from Los Angles last October. The only benefit it provided was knowing if something went wrong prior to departure at I still had a visa that was good for 1 year.

Everything went fine and I went to Nonthaburi immigration and did the one year extension after being here for two month.

Good luck.

18 minutes ago, eastbaybob said:

I got a multiple entry visa from Los Angles last October. The only benefit it provided was knowing if something went wrong prior to departure at I still had a visa that was good for 1 year.

Everything went fine and I went to Nonthaburi immigration and did the one year extension after being here for two month.

Good luck.

hi extension based on what? Marriage or Child? Is the one eyed IO still in Nonthaburi?