Thailand's sex trade: A million women in it and it's bigger than the drug trade, says Chuwit

webfact

1 hour ago, gunderhill said:

BY far the bulk is Thai men.

From:   http://www.nightlightinternational.com/Page Content_FAQs.pdf

1. Where do the men who purchase sex come from ?

Foreign men are not the only ones who use women in prostitution in Thailand. Thai men use women in prostitution as well. As much as 80% of prostitution in Thailand caters to local Thai men. 

It is estimated that 7 out of 10 foreign men coming to Thailand engage in the sex industry. Men range in age and come from all over the world, with most coming from North America, Europe, Australia, and Japan. Many countries offer sex tours to Thailand. Central Asian women in prostitution provide services mostly to men from the Middle East and India. In 2012, tourism statistics indicated that about 8 million foreign men participated in the sex industry in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

This man will never be a real politician here. He talks too much truth.

Have you actually considered his claim, at all? If what he says is the truth, then off the top of my head, the majority of women under 40 are sex workers, this is not factoring in the ugly fuglies that no one would pay to poke. It's nonsense. I've known it was nonsense after some christian missionary group decades ago claimed there were 500,000 sex workers in Thailand and I did the maths on that and quickly realised it didn't add up, unless of course, you can get your head around missionary groups are just fundraising back home.

Is this what we colloquially call fake news?

Edited by Led Lolly Yellow Lolly
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saltire said:

So he's like the Thai Hugh Hefner?

Never heard of him, but I already like him.

Calls a spade a spade .

Well perhaps not quite like Hugh Heffner and he was known to do a few things that were dubious to the extreme but I have no doubt that he still holds a grudge given his earlier ambitions and prior to that resentment about being arrested when he had wrongly assumed all in his influence were happy at being handsomely paid off.  As I said in an earlier post stayed at his hotel many times.  Yes I bet his portfolio is bulging with info on past and present persons. He made no secret of what he was doing and I admire him for that.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Have you actually considered his claim, at all? If what he says is the truth, then off the top of my head, the majority of women under 40 are sex workers, this is not factoring in the ugly fuglies that no one would pay to poke. It's nonsense. I've known it was nonsense after some christian missionary group decades ago claimed there were 500,000 sex workers in Thailand and I did the maths on that and quickly realised it didn't add up, unless of course, you can get your head around missionary groups are just fundraising back home.

Is this what we colloquially call fake news?

No quite sure of your maths here. With a population of around 70 million then around 10 million of those will be female aged between 18 and 40. 10% in the sex trade? That does sound high. 5% or 500,000? Could be nearer the truth. Don't forget foreign sex workers, rent boys and ladyboys; that can add quite a lot to that figure as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Forrests Father said:

Very interesting. Although...everyone staying in Thailand for more than two weeks, an IQ above 75 and reasonable eyesight could have made that observation. 

The hiso clubs' facilities and underage, trafficked prostitutes are not obvious to the demographic you reference regardless of their IQ or eyesight.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

None of his professors argued with his claims in the paper, he said, because he knew what he was talking about far better than them.

They probably only kept mum because they knew ALL TOO WELL that Chuwit's paper was correct... the majority among them being avid "mia noi" financiers as well as regular "health spa" customers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoliLoso said:

Next, please !????

Money :   If every person in the world sent just 2 dollars to me 

I would only be about the 30th richest person in the world  !

1 hour ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Have you actually considered his claim, at all? If what he says is the truth, then off the top of my head, the majority of women under 40 are sex workers

"...the majority of women under 40 are sex workers".

Chuvit did not say anything like that, those are your words.

So out of the 12 million or so women aged between 15 and 45, one million are in the sex trade? That's give or take 8% of all adolescent to menopausal women working in the sex trade. Really? I don't think so.

Edited by bkk_bwana
  • Sad 1

Now that I am now out of the sex trade & made hundreds of milions out of it, knocked down 35bars overnight ruining peoples business & the lives of those that worked there (This move was aided by the army at the time)

I will spill my guts & stop   (His estimate is way too low) the millions making any money out of it if he gets his dirty mouthed way.

The man is a Charlatan, & arguably derranged

• Like 2

I do like this guys honesty, lol

Yes that number is probably accurate. But the sex trade doesn't hurt anybody. It provides massive tourist dollars and supports people up country.

It will never go away and if it did this country would be in even worse shape than during covid.

• Like 1