Thailand's sex trade: A million women in it and it's bigger than the drug trade, says Chuwit

webfact

Given the closed borders, and relatively small numbers of Farangs within Thailand at the moment, it seems that the sex trade is getting by on domestic customers. It hasn’t disappeared since COVID emerged.

As mentioned before, there are plenty of providers with a Y chromosome.

Another class are Thai men who hook up with working ladies and sponge off them as long as they have income. Are they sex workers, too?

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

These young girls have told me countless that their families made themj go and find a farang, never go and find a Thai. 

And yet, these Thai ladies inevitably hook up with a Thai man, even if they have long term Farang customers.

As long as the money flows, the family doesn’t care who their daughter goes with.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

When prostitutes were over 30 they went to sell themselves in Pattaya and Phuket or other places where there was a big sex industry. 

Ain't that the truth. Also, the last time I walked down Soi Nana, it looked like the women were grannies. 

It's always a talking point in Thai forums that the farang get the second choice women. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, bobbin said:

...It's integral to Thai society. And who is to say that is a bad thing.

Yeah, right...I wonder if any of the adolescents caught up and forced into the trade would agree with you - oh wise one. 

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, DBath said:

Yeah, right...I wonder if any of the adolescents caught up and forced into the trade would agree with you - oh wise one. 

I used the word "Adult" twice in that post and the word "adolescent" not at all..

Guess you missed that but don't let that get in in the way of a good "red herring" 

But I did ask "who is to say that's a bad thing" and you are the first to step up..

Sadly it's really an economic problem...Thailand's economy does not provide enough well paying entry level jobs or careers for young folk just out of school.  I mean really, who can afford to live on 300 baht a day?

12 hours ago, bobbin said:

Your anti-commercial sex stance has been well noted, as you rarely miss an opportunity to point out..

Yep, and I reckon some posters here opt for puritanism once they are past their prime...

Edited by Boomer6969
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Ain't that the truth. Also, the last time I walked down Soi Nana, it looked like the women were grannies. 

It's always a talking point in Thai forums that the farang get the second choice women. 

Dunno about that bruv. Last time I was in that locale -- admittedly many moons ago -- there were some real stunners that the Thai could no afford even at 'Thai price'. As for munters, go to any Thai karaoke place and they have em.

7 hours ago, Proboscis said:

Money expected, of course. If you include such women, I guess you would be well above the million mark.

I quite agree. Former gf is inundated with friends/acquaintances wanting "take care" of me when I visit next month. Hotel workers, sellers of stuff in the market, stay at home mothers, none ever involved in prostitution as would be recognized as such in the West. 

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Dunno about that bruv. Last time I was in that locale -- admittedly many moons ago -- there were some real stunners that the Thai could no afford even at 'Thai price'. As for munters, go to any Thai karaoke place and they have em.

What's wrong with grannies ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Wasn't much in England when I was last there.

We Brits conquered half the world looking for women that would have sex with us.

Maybe it's different now they're all foreigners?

55555 look harder , now all brothels and redlights have been closed they all went underground . 

21 hours ago, Neeranam said:

So all foreigners that use prostitutes are free from blame?

Why should Anyone the Blame ? There are working girls /boys in Every country .

The only difference it's Legal in some countries and Regulated ,Paying Tax and and must be cleared every 1/3 Months by a Doctor .

It doesn't matter if they service the Local people or Visitors/ Tourists/you or the next door neighbor.

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Best you check before making statements like that ????????

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, that is incorrect, no RTP representative in Pattaya or government official has ever stated that "there is no prostitution in Pattaya".     

Best you check before making statements like that ????????

I have checked so it's best that you include the link that shows someone specifically making the claim that "there is no prostitution in Pattaya" before you accuse me of needing to check my facts.

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Hahahaha take a look at their dentals first before deciding . 

But some Thai girls look like "Jaws" to me, but hey , when your stoking the fire you don't look at the mantlepiece.????

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, gunderhill said:

BY far the bulk is Thai men.

I read years ago that it was reckoned that 2 adult Thai men out of 3 used prostitutes in some form. As long as no underage sex is involved and no one is forced to do anything they don't want to, it is no one else's business what anyone does with their bodies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I have checked so it's best that you include the link that shows someone specifically making the claim that "there is no prostitution in Pattaya" before you accuse me of needing to check my facts.

Well you can make of this what you will, but it's not the first time this has been claimed, Walking street and the surrounding area is one the biggest Red Light districts in the world aka Disney Land for adults.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/phew-police-report-there-is-no-prostitution-or-drugs-in-walking-street&ved=2ahUKEwisv9mEwITwAhXMN8AKHQmgDOMQFjADegQIDhAC&usg=AOvVaw2ml0u4iaUmOQzrDeev7d9a