Fed up always signing in.

NoshowJones

1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

Are you accepting cookies?

Are you deleting history when closing the browser?

I delete history and cookies regularly, but not every day. TV forum is starting to behave itself, but signing into outlook for emails has just got ridiculous.

I have not had this problem with outlook before, I also tick the box that says keep me signed in. Nearly every time I go to outlook I have to sign in, even have to keep printing my password.

• Like 1

My Lenovo ThinkPad laptop just did a few updates last night and again this morning, driver updates and feature updates which required a new log-in for my google mail, and my google OneDrive.  Made the sign in once and then good to go,  I use a fingerprint scanner to log in or a token from my security key.  The last time I had issues like you were stating was when my NordVpn program was doing updates and then I was being logged in outside of the setup locations for where it should be connecting.

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

My Lenovo ThinkPad laptop just did a few updates last night and again this morning, driver updates and feature updates which required a new log-in for my google mail, and my google OneDrive.  Made the sign in once and then good to go,  I use a fingerprint scanner to log in or a token from my security key.  The last time I had issues like you were stating was when my NordVpn program was doing updates and then I was being logged in outside of the setup locations for where it should be connecting.

Thanks for your help, but I am not computer literate enough to understand fingerprint scanners, token from security keys, NordVpn programmes etc.

My local computer guy doesn't speak any English, so he wouldn't understand anything I say, and there are no other farangs near me.

57 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks for your help, but I am not computer literate enough to understand fingerprint scanners, token from security keys, NordVpn programmes etc.

My local computer guy doesn't speak any English, so he wouldn't understand anything I say, and there are no other farangs near me.

Sorry Possum, I thought I could assist, but alas I am an abject failure it seems.  You may need to see what recent updates your computer installed and roll them back if you can, or maybe rolling back a program is foreign as well, again sorry.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry Possum, I thought I could assist, but alas I am an abject failure it seems.  You may need to see what recent updates your computer installed and roll them back if you can, or maybe rolling back a program is foreign as well, again sorry.

I really do appreciate all your help mate, and also enjoy reading your posts.

• Thanks 1

There are days when I go online to pay my bills and nearly every site insists on texting me a security code.  From what I figure there is some kind of cyber alert on at those times.  Perhaps your IP address is on a shirtlist for some reason, which would result in extra security checks.

Personally I have the browser clear the cookies every time I shut it down; I'll keep history, but clear that every few days.  I've done it this way for a long time.

In the Chrome browser check out the password utility (click the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner, then Settings, then Autofill, then Passwords).  Very convenient.  

• Like 1