CONFIRMED: No curfew or lockdown, but restrictions in place in all Thai provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

A parent of a child at my daughters school  is Covid positive and informed the school that he caught the virus on a diving trip on 7th April.

just saying, in case you feel dive trips are totally safe.

I was scheduled to take a trip right around now, out of Phuket.  Decided not to.  Good thing I did.

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"

“There is no curfew and this is not a lockdown yet,” Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha said in a televised address to the nation. “We sympathize with businesses that will be affected.”

“Closing everything down is easy but many people will be in trouble and there will be more officials on the ground and that could lead to the spread of the virus as well,” he said."

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26437/government-introduces-new-measures-to-combat-pandemic-but-stops-short-of-introducing-curfews/

There is a big problem with Covid but they only want to address a part of it. It only needs a few people to spread the virus and the whole country will suffer from it.  Its like telling a fireman when a house is on fire to only spray water on half of it cos the other half might be OK.  The authorities are clueless and as is the norm in Thailand, its all about the money !

• Haha 1

With regards to these measures commencing at00:01 on Sunday 18th April and concluding on 30th April.

The Governor of Prachuapkhirikhan brought in pretty much identical measures on 13th April, with an indefinite time limit, so those of us residing there are already under these measures, with no end date yet.

52 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

And less than 1% of the population immunized 

And only .06 of 1% of the population with known cases and only 97 deaths. We're all doomed! ????

Meantime grab a shot and a beer, jump on motorcycle with a cig in mouth and phone in hand...nothing to worry about. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, robert888d said:

If they had started vaccination months ago ,things would be improving. Did they not want to spend the money??Now they have lost the plot. 99 dead and 1,547new cases yesterday. Things will only get worse with these useless leaders.

99 (or 97)dead in more than a year, not yesterday. Let's keep it real. Enough unnecessary panic among the masses as it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robert888d said:

If they had started vaccination months ago ,things would be improving. Did they not want to spend the money??Now they have lost the plot. 99 dead and 1,547new cases yesterday. Things will only get worse with these useless leaders.

I don't think it is a case of the money, I think it is more to do with the lack of vaccines available to every country in the world. I do know that the EU refused to allow a shipment of vaccine to be exported to Australia which put Australia behind in their timeframe to vaccinate their people. Then there is the likes of the orders for Johnson & Johnson vaccine that has now been cancelled because of it not being approved now. I think the big problem is that the pharmies cannot supply the vaccines quick enough and that they are still having problems with them. Pfizer have now claimed that their vaccine is not as strong as first thought and that people will need a third injection plus a further injection every 12 months. Plus the rich countries hogging the vaccines and the poorer countries having to wait longer

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

are they not a convenience store?  According to the list and what I heard, nothing after 11pm is to be opened.  Restaurants can stay open to 9 for dining in and then until 11pm for those food delivery riders to pick-up and deliver. 

Read the restrictions . 7/11 is a convenience store.

Strange, something I will never understand, restaurants cannot serve alcohol but you can buy it anywhere in any shop, what are the people gonna do after dinner at 9 pm when all is closed anyway, so why not have a beer or glass wine with your food??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyfrog said:

Strange, something I will never understand, restaurants cannot serve alcohol but you can buy it anywhere in any shop, what are the people gonna do after dinner at 9 pm when all is closed anyway, so why not have a beer or glass wine with your food??

Because the drunks will change the restaurant into a bar and people that want a peaceful meal will not get one

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

No curfews, but then there is nothing now open Between 11pm and 4am, so why would anyone really be out and about.  No gatherings, no bars, no late night munchies, so in essence a pseudo curfew.  This is supposed to encourage people to reduce their travels and movement during those times.  Back to where we were last year for the kids going to school as well, at least until April 30th.  Looks like this school break will end up like last years with kids being stuck at home....argh

Reckon that's the point exactly ..

Although it stops what happened last time , when a homeless man was booked for curfew breaches .

But , yep the message is clear .

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Travel appears to be allowed but they would prefer folks to stay where they are.  Wonder how you get gas if your traveling between 11pm and 4am.

Fill the car to max  most cars u can drive 5 hours and still have Petrol /diesel   or take a 20ltrr reserve  

may be difficult for some but most cars have a meter  fitted can always look at that before say 10 pm 

2 minutes ago, mikecha said:

Fill the car to max  most cars u can drive 5 hours and still have Petrol /diesel   or take a 20ltrr reserve  

may be difficult for some but most cars have a meter  fitted can always look at that before say 10 pm 

Considering the roadways here, I'd never drive that late at night anyway.  Just asking for trouble.  IMHO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

A parent of a child at my daughters school  is Covid positive and informed the school that he caught the virus on a diving trip on 7th April.

just saying, in case you feel dive trips are totally safe.

Yep there have been cases of divers who turned up positive later...crews were tested and other divers on board were contact traced and advised about the cases. The respective boat operators also informed the public on their FB pages. In fact, I had to switch boats because.tbe one I originally booked for today was involved and had.to cancel all outings for 2 weeks. These were dreaded Bangkok import cases of young people...not local cases of spread. As for safety, I couldn't think of a safer place than.on the deck of a boat in the open ocean for good ventilation against the virus. But thanks for your concern.

• Sad 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:40 PM, ThailandRyan said:

No curfews, but then there is nothing now open Between 11pm and 4am, so why would anyone really be out and about.  No gatherings, no bars, no late night munchies, so in essence a pseudo curfew.  This is supposed to encourage people to reduce their travels and movement during those times.  Back to where we were last year for the kids going to school as well, at least until April 30th.  Looks like this school break will end up like last years with kids being stuck at home....argh

What does it mean to close schools? Schools are already closed for the holidays! The question is, "How do we go about enrolling in the new academic year"?   

Our condo manager is closing our pool Sunday saying it is a government order but I don't see anything in the new restrictions pertaining to pools.

I am in Jomtien.  This sounds like BS so they can get away with less work than they already get away with.

11 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Yep there have been cases of divers who turned up positive later...crews were tested and other divers on board were contact traced and advised about the cases. The respective boat operators also informed the public on their FB pages. In fact, I had to switch boats because.tbe one I originally booked for today was involved and had.to cancel all outings for 2 weeks. These were dreaded Bangkok import cases of young people...not local cases of spread. As for safety, I couldn't think of a safer place than.on the deck of a boat in the open ocean for good ventilation against the virus. But thanks for your concern.

Enjoy and stay safe!!

On 4/16/2021 at 7:00 PM, Thailand said:

When governers were given individual authority last year they went down like dominoes, no reason to expect them not to do exactly the same this time.

This is Thailand. The whole country is obsessed by noise, wearing uniforms, and not to mention authority. accuse me of Thai bashing if you like, I'm only telling the truth.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:11 PM, ukrules said:

Same with all the banks, because they now have reduced opening hours.

I wonder which genius came up with this idea?

Someone with a military academy education??

• Haha 1