CONFIRMED: No curfew or lockdown, but restrictions in place in all Thai provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

This is Thailand. The whole country is obsessed by noise, wearing uniforms, and not to mention authority. accuse me of Thai bashing if you like, I'm only telling the truth.

Especially the noise parties that go on all night that you can hear 1 kilometer away like you're standing there 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, James HB said:

What does it mean to close schools? Schools are already closed for the holidays! The question is, "How do we go about enrolling in the new academic year"?   

International schools are not closed.  My son's school was due to start Term 3 on Monday, but now we're back to dreaded Zoom classes...  20 noisy 6-year-olds on Zoom is a zoo!

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:35 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Events with more than 50 attendees not allowed

But what the OP doesn't appear to mention is that social events such parties, banquets, celebrations are not allowed in any case, except traditional ceremonies organised with effective disease control measures:-

https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/en/press-media/news-press-release/detail/1157-tceb-situation-update-travel-advisory-covid-19-virus-on-21-april-2021-new-stringent-measures-for-covid-19-situation-in-designated-zones/situation

So my fingers are firmly crossed that The Great Annual Post-Songkran Knees-Up normally organised by our local temple during the final week of April just down the road from where we live (where said Knees-Up takes place rather than where said temple is located, for the avoidance of any doubt) will not be going ahead for the second year in a row. Even if attendance were to scrape in at just under the max 50 limit at any one time, I hardly see how this particular Knees-Up would count as a "traditional ceremony". But, there again, this is Thailand, lest we forget.....????

Edited by OJAS