Annual Extension ... Retirement ... Pension Method ... Nonthaburi Today

31 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

… Standard form listing all my FTT’s (I transfer 65,100 each months and additional when needed)

Is this form from the bank or is it an Immigration form, does it not double up with the Bank Statement or the copy of Bank Passbook, all three contain the same info I would have thought.

You didn't need Immigration forms STM2 and acknowledgement forms for 1) Overstay Penalties and 2) Financial Requirements for Retirement or a house location map.

4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Is this form from the bank or is it an Immigration form, does it not double up with the Bank Statement or the copy of Bank Passbook, all three contain the same info I would have thought.

You didn't need Immigration forms STM2 and acknowledgement forms for 1) Overstay Penalties and 2) Financial Requirements for Retirement or a house location map.

Yes they do but TIT

No it is a special form  ... the one that is normally used to prove transfer of money to buy a Condo.

I had to sign some forms they gave me ... about overstay penalties

Let me know if you want a copy. I use Bangkok Bank

3 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yes they do but TIT

No it is a special form  ... the one that is normally used to prove transfer of money to buy a Condo.

I had to sign some forms they gave me ... about overstay penalties

Let me know if you want a copy. I use Bangkok Bank

Same bank I will be using next year, if you could send a copy it would be much appreciated.

I notice that you didn't refer to a house location map, not required?

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Same bank I will be using next year, if you could send a copy it would be much appreciated.

I notice that you didn't refer to a house location map, not required?

I gave him a copy but he gave it back. I think normally that is only needed for marriage Extension. PM me your e-mail address as file might be a big big

29 minutes ago, tonray said:

Their insistence in proving it's from a pension would seem problematic to those who generate retirement income from investments or other types of annuity income. 

Even if all your income is from pensions it can be problematic, as I have one which pays annually, one which guarantees payment on or before the 1st of the month (5 months of the year nil, because 5 months get double payments) and one which pays every 4 weeks. As they would not appear on consistent dates, oops.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Even if all your income is from pensions it can be problematic, as I have one which pays annually, one which guarantees payment on or before the 1st of the month (5 months of the year nil, because 5 months get double payments) and one which pays every 4 weeks. As they would not appear on consistent dates, oops.

I don't bring all my pension over every month ... just 65,100.  If you can show that your total pension is at least 65,000 times 12 each year and you bring over at least 65,000 each month and the transfers show FTT then that should not be a problem... it might take a little bit of explaining though!!! BUT you must bring it over every calender month.

If your transfers don't show FTT then you need to go to the bank and get the paper chase ... how to do has been talked about in several topics.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

That's easily done but the problem is that it's going to be about 5/6 years (with annual increases) before I get 65k / month, the rest comes from savings.

At Nonthaburi that would have been a problem .... and of course exchange rates vary ... and that may help or the other way!

19 hours ago, tonray said:

Their insistence in proving it's from a pension would seem problematic to those who generate retirement income from investments or other types of annuity income. 

I have not been faced with any "required" pension in Chiang Mai. I use the monthly transfer in as required. As an American ... no Pension. I receive $1320 USD in earned Social Security monthly. I draw a like amount from my own retirement/investment funds. But, I use an agency and figure they handle such matters supported by the supplied bank records. I was open to the USA saying they could not document the veracity of income claims ... dealing with the various retirement funding maeans ... well, it is like herding cats.

8 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I have not been faced with any "required" pension in Chiang Mai. I use the monthly transfer in as required. As an American ... no Pension. I receive $1320 USD in earned Social Security monthly. I draw a like amount from my own retirement/investment funds. But, I use an agency and figure they handle such matters supported by the supplied bank records. I was open to the USA saying they could not document the veracity of income claims ... dealing with the various retirement funding maeans ... well, it is like herding cats.

That's the problem that every local office has their own rules, an absurd situation. I use Nonthaburi also, they can be 'difficult'

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Just to force the point … the IO was very keen that money transferred originated from a Pension Company.

they are looking pensioners with high monthly spending, maybe you fitted their standard thus the good attitude 555

Finally some good news: Thailand tipped to ease 90 day reporting for foreigners

The types of foreign retirees targeted will be those who have a healthy pension pot, with the ability to spend 200,000 - 300,000 baht per month. 

• Haha 1