Owner savaged by Pit Bull dies - "Giant" is sad in his new home but settling in

webfact

Dogs have right of way in Thailand  They bite you and get rewarded In Australia Pit Bulls are banned Well done Giant You got away with murder. The dog population is out of control You cant walk down the bloody street here without running the risk of being attacked But always remember once a dog bites you he will bite again NO DOUBT

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ujayujay said:

OK, so when you go back to your Homecountry.......

Is that the best you can offer? What if I had a son here; business interests; wife?  I've said it before and it's worth repeating; if you own a non-working dog in Thailand, you have to be deficient in brain matter.  You are in this camp.

17 hours ago, Letseng said:

Dogs don't get born to be  killer dogs. Wrong handling is the problem. Pitbulls are great dogs. Any mistreated dog gets vicious.

<deleted>, this breed has been bred to kill. They have no other purpose.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I can't wait to read about the new owner being mauled then, sorry but these dogs should be banned, as they are in many countries, they are like a top of the range pickup for Thai males & probably some members here, they are a substitute for small d...s.

Sorry, while it is certainly true that these breeds in part draw the wrong crowd it is also a stereotype a d they should note banned. Instead they being alone to keep them should come with a permit and proper training on how to keep and raise dogs and this should be mandatory for a lol dogs! 

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

Sorry, while it is certainly true that these breeds in part draw the wrong crowd it is also a stereotype a d they should note banned. Instead they being alone to keep them should come with a permit and proper training on how to keep and raise dogs and this should be mandatory for a lol dogs! 

So do guns in Thailand need a permit and look how that works out !!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Excel said:

So do guns in Thailand need a permit and look how that works out !!

You’re completely missing the point! 

What I’m saying is that everyone who wants to keep a dog, especially large breeds and fighting breeds should have to do a mandatory training on how to properly raise, socialize and keep dogs in order to get a permit to be allowed to keep any dog at al, if they pass the test! This would prevent most of the biting incidents!

If you’re against that then you’re just about being diametrical in that case please don’t respond to me anymore because it’s a waste of time because you’ll be automatically opposed to whatever I say just because...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Albaby said:

<deleted>, this breed has been bred to kill. They have no other purpose.

Wrong! These breeds have been trained to kill other dogs and that’s it! That doesn’t mean that they will kill automatically anything else. Through selective breeding aggression towards other dogs can be breed out of them. Take the Dobermann breed for example. They were known to be one-man dogs, meaning they used to focus and accept one guy in their life and they would consider everyone else to be below them which didn’t make for a good family pet. Over the past decade some breeders bred that quality out of them and their dogs are very much suitable family pets. 

4 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

You’re completely missing the point! 

What I’m saying is that everyone who wants to keep a dog, especially large breeds and fighting breeds should have to do a mandatory training on how to properly raise, socialize and keep dogs in order to get a permit to be allowed to keep any dog at al, if they pass the test! This would prevent most of the biting incidents!

If you’re against that then you’re just about being diametrical in that case please don’t respond to me anymore because it’s a waste of time because you’ll be automatically opposed to whatever I say just because...

Sorry but it is you I think who missed  my point. Having a permit for a dog is all well and good but based on the experience seen everyday almost in Thailand I used the example that needing a licence to have a gun is very often ignored or bypassed. So whilst your suggestion in say Europe/US/UK would work as it is socially acceptable only to follow the rules, here it is not, so people will still obtain these dogs without a permit.

Edited by Excel
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2021 at 12:23 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Try reading the Pattaya mail

Pattaya pet owner died after his Pitbull attacked him in his sleep. Wisit Sanguanmak, 56, died early April 16 at Banglamung Hospital of complications from massive blood loss, his wife Wanpen Kumkong told the media. Wisit was hospitalized after his 2-year-old Pitbull, Giant, woke from a nap and suddenly attacked his sleeping owner, tearing […]

I don’t believe that! 

• Confused 1

Just now, Excel said:

Sorry but it is yo I think missed  my point. Having a permit for a dog is all well and good but based on the experience seen everyday almost in Thailand needing a licence to have a gun is very often ignored or bypassed. So whilst your suggestion in say Europe/US/UK would work as it is socially acceptable only to follow the rules, here it is not, so people will still obtain this dogs without a permit.

Yeah, but you could impose draconian fees or prison times on the people who don’t get a permit. Then you start a campaign that offers money for everyone who reports a dog that is kept without a permit and voilá. But yes, there will always be some who slip through the cracks, nothing you can do about that, but banning an entire breed because of the actions of a few is just not fair. You don’t go and blanket bomb all of Somalia because some of their citizens kidnap oil tankers! There’s lots of fighting dogs that are lovely family pets, but of course that fact is always conveniently overlooked!

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm not sure of the best way round for this, some people are blindingly stupid or is it stupidly blind.......sigh - shakes head in disbelief, you do understand the law here don't you ? I can't imagine a newspaper printing something they could be sued for.

Wouldn’t be the first time! There’s countless times newspapers have been successfully sued for printing lies! The owners of the dog were the only witnesses to it and if they lied there’s no way the newspaper could prove that, so they print whatever the owner said! Plus, bad headlines sell infinitely better than positive ones! 

1 minute ago, pacovl46 said:

Yeah, but you could impose draconian fees or prison times on the people who don’t get a permit. Then you start a campaign that offers money for everyone who reports a dog that is kept without a permit and voilá. But yes, there will always be some who slip through the cracks, nothing you can do about that, but banning an entire breed because of the actions of a few is just not fair. You don’t go and blanket bomb all of Somalia because some of their citizens kidnap oil tankers! There’s lots of fighting dogs that are lovely family pets, but of course that fact is always conveniently overlooked!

Now that is an untypical exaggeration. It will not be a few people either who do not comply with the law. As a further example just look at the people caught by BIB over the last 7 days driving without a licence that they should have had, thousands and thousands. Same would be the case with dog permits.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Now that is an untypical exaggeration. It will not be a few people either who do not comply with the law. As a further example just look at the people caught by BIB over the last 7 days driving without a licence that they should have had, thousands and thousands. Same would be the case with dog permits.

And what is the fee for not having a license, a few hundred Baht?! If the fee was 5 years in prison they would have licenses ASAP!

Also, most people don’t want fighting breeds because of the stereotypes and misinformation around them plus the attacks that happen every now and then. The overall number of fighting breeds kept apart from the Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the UK are quite low in comparison to other breeds. 

2 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

And what is the fee for not having a license, a few hundred Baht?! If the fee was 5 years in prison they would have licenses ASAP!

Also, most people don’t want fighting breeds because of the stereotypes and misinformation around them plus the attacks that happen every now and then. The overall number of fighting breeds kept apart from the Staffordshire Bull Terrier in the UK are quite low in comparison to other breeds. 

The penalty is what ever you can bribe the police with, exactly the same as what will happen regarding a dog permit, don't kid yourself otherwise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

The penalty is what ever you can bribe the police with, exactly the same as what will happen regarding a dog permit, don't kid yourself otherwise.

Again, while this might be true for Thailand it is a global issue and in other countries this will certainly not fly! And again make the punishment DRACONIAN and enforce it! 

10 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

There’s lots of fighting dogs that are lovely family pets, but of course that fact is always conveniently overlooked!

I expect the loss of an odd child is tolerable to them. Personally I would not accept the risk and such a dog would not be a family pet with small children around. Even if I did not have the children, I would worry if such a dog could do harm to neighbour's kids. So yes, I would get a different breed, a different one that also makes a 'lovely family pet', without having the reputation of killing the odd one or two of the kids.

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 8:55 AM, UTH001 said:

Really? The solution is not to kill the dog population in Thailand, but rather educate Thais on the responsibility of having a dog. It disgusts me when people get a puppy, when it is no longer 'cute', it ends up in the streets and then, its the dogs fault. 

If you can't educate a Thai to wear a helmet or stop at a red light, how long is it going to take to teach dog responsibilty? 

In the mean time the wild dog population continues to grow; attacks on children proliferate; motorbikes are brought crashing to the ground daily; bacteria/diseases continue to be spread.

• Like 1