Owner savaged by Pit Bull dies - "Giant" is sad in his new home but settling in

webfact

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

I understand your point, but the owner was someone's child also. 

Yes someone’s stupid child for owning a Pitbull. And if you don’t think they were stupid look how it turned out

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Happyman567 said:

By staying alive, I have been attacked many times and those same dogs are still alive That is there reward

Many times? If what you say is true perhaps you were put on this earth for the pleasure of dogs.????

33 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Many times? If what you say is true perhaps you were put on this earth for the pleasure of dogs.????

Looks like it Well if they are attacking me guess they will leave you alone Its is true because they were def  not cats attacking me last time But the secret is You actually have to go out and have a walk to be attacked. Then they might pleasure you then

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I expect the loss of an odd child is tolerable to them. Personally I would not accept the risk and such a dog would not be a family pet with small children around. Even if I did not have the children, I would worry if such a dog could do harm to neighbour's kids. So yes, I would get a different breed, a different one that also makes a 'lovely family pet', without having the reputation of killing the odd one or two of the kids.

You just don’t get it, Staffordshire Terrier have been consistently one of the most popular family dogs BECAUSE they are so GOOD with kids and people! If you buy one of these dogs from a reputable breeder, and there’s more than enough of them, the dog will NOT be aggressive towards people, if you wanted that you’d actually have to teach that to the dog. That’s what I’ve been preaching all along! The general consensus here is that fighting breeds are these totally uncontrollable aggressive beasts that just mindlessly snap and kill at will whatever gets in their way and that’s just SO NOT THE TRUTH! Whatever I say is automatically dismissed because it doesn’t fit into people’s worldview and instead of educating yourself on the subject matter you’d rather hold on to the stereotypes you’ve acquired by reading all the sensationalist BS that’s published by the press every time there’s an attack. By you I mean all of the naysayers! You can’t throw all the specimens of a breed into the same pot, and I’ll say it one more time, there’s way more fighting breed dogs that don’t cause any trouble than dogs that do, but THAT never makes the headlines. You never read that’s it’s actually less than 1% or whatever the percentage is! If you go to Mallorca there’s a certain area reserved for people that come from a specific European country. The reason they have their own stretch of beach and hotels is because they get fricking drunk and then start fights and trouble with everyone else. It’s gotten so bad that they actually had to give them their own stretch! Now I could draw conclusions from their behavior and apply them to the entire country they’re from and say they’re all drunken hooligans, but that would neither be fair nor an accurate portrayal! The same goes for fighting breeds.

If you’re afraid that a dog might hurt your kid then don’t get a dog at all because your Yorkshire Terrier might just accidentally nick an artery! Get a cat instead! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacovl46 said:

You just don’t get it, Staffordshire Terrier have been consistently one of the most popular family dogs BECAUSE they are so GOOD with kids and people! If you buy one of these dogs from a reputable breeder, and there’s more than enough of them, the dog will NOT be aggressive towards people, if you wanted that you’d actually have to teach that to the dog. That’s what I’ve been preaching all along! The general consensus here is that fighting breeds are these totally uncontrollable aggressive beasts that just mindlessly snap and kill at will whatever gets in their way and that’s just SO NOT THE TRUTH! Whatever I say is automatically dismissed because it doesn’t fit into people’s worldview and instead of educating yourself on the subject matter you’d rather hold on to the stereotypes you’ve acquired by reading all the sensationalist BS that’s published by the press every time there’s an attack. By you I mean all of the naysayers! You can’t throw all the specimens of a breed into the same pot, and I’ll say it one more time, there’s way more fighting breed dogs that don’t cause any trouble than dogs that do, but THAT never makes the headlines. You never read that’s it’s actually less than 1% or whatever the percentage is! If you go to Mallorca there’s a certain area reserved for people that come from a specific European country. The reason they have their own stretch of beach and hotels is because they get fricking drunk and then start fights and trouble with everyone else. It’s gotten so bad that they actually had to give them their own stretch! Now I could draw conclusions from their behavior and apply them to the entire country they’re from and say they’re all drunken hooligans, but that would neither be fair nor an accurate portrayal! The same goes for fighting breeds.

If you’re afraid that a dog might hurt your kid then don’t get a dog at all because your Yorkshire Terrier might just accidentally nick an artery! Get a cat instead! 

It all comes down to training. The dog. And more importantly the owner. Sadly, many dog owners treat their dogs as human beings. Mollycoddle them. Dress them up to look cute and feed them a diet that's not a dog's diet just because it's advertised. You could end up with an unhealthy snappy dog. A dog needs a strong leader, as it would have in a pack. A dog needs to be trained. It's not your baby. It's a dog.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

You just don’t get it,

The risk is simply unacceptable where ones own kids are concerned.... and the particular breed you mentioned is not actually on the banned list. I think the pit bull is. Nevertheless to bring Yorkshire terriers into the discussion is just plain being silly. 

Staffies get 8 mentions in 2010–2019 list of fatal dog attacks in the UK. 

• Like 1

The risk is simply unacceptable where ones own kids are concerned.... and the particular breed you mentioned is not actually on the banned list. I think the pit bull is. Nevertheless to bring Yorkshire terriers into the discussion is just plain being silly. 

Staffies get 8 mentions in 2010–2019 list of fatal dog attacks in the UK. 

How is mentioning Yorkshire Terriers silly? We were talking about the potential of dogs to kill someone and a Yorkshire Terrier could potentially nick an artery. So, if that risk is of concern to you then don’t get a dog at all is what I’m saying. Why don’t you read up on the characteristics a pit bull should have according to the breed standard? Friendly and loving with people! 

You can bet your behind on that every Staffie that was involved in a fatal attacked has NOT been raised and trained properly and has been either mistreated by people or trained to attack because that’s totally out of character! Also, there’s roughly about 4500 of them in the UK and out of all of them there was one fatal attack per year. 

21 hours ago, Gandtee said:

It all comes down to training. The dog. And more importantly the owner. Sadly, many dog owners treat their dogs as human beings. Mollycoddle them. Dress them up to look cute and feed them a diet that's not a dog's diet just because it's advertised. You could end up with an unhealthy snappy dog. A dog needs a strong leader, as it would have in a pack. A dog needs to be trained. It's not your baby. It's a dog.

Exactly! 

11 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

How is mentioning Yorkshire Terriers silly?

If I need to tell you, likely it would be a waste of time. 

Potentially nick an artery.... further plain silliness.  I don't really have an image of people running screaming with a little Yorkie clamped to their necks. Staffies and moreso Bull terriers are known for it. 

Whether the Staffie was raised properly is not the point... there is practically zero requirement and control over that.

You really seem to be blinded by something.....OMG, a killer 5 ilb Yorkshire Terrier, better cross the street! Oh no, a Pomeranian, little lions!

If I need to tell you, likely it would be a waste of time. 

Potentially nick an artery.... further plain silliness.  I don't really have an image of people running screaming with a little Yorkie clamped to their necks. Staffies and moreso Bull terriers are known for it. 

Whether the Staffie was raised properly is not the point... there is practically zero requirement and control over that.

You really seem to be blinded by something.....OMG, a killer 5 ilb Yorkshire Terrier, better cross the street! Oh no, a Pomeranian, little lions!

Mate, mate, mate, you were the one who started the “potential” argument and a Yorkshire definitely has the teeth to get through to your artery! 

We’re going in circles here, so let me say it one more time. If you get a Staffie from a reputable breeder the chances of that dog clamping on to your neck are just about as low as a Yorkshire clamping on, whether you can get that through or head or not is your problem.

Lastly, it’s you who is blinded, OMG there’s a fighting breed walking through the street, quickly everyone run into their houses because it could potentially kill someone. RUN!!! 

You’re not even willing to educate yourself on these breeds. As I’ve mentioned before, read the breed standard in regards to characteristics of pitbulls and staffies, but of course then you’d read something that doesn’t fit into your worldview, so you’d dismiss it.

I thought exactly like you 20 years ago. Then I met some of these dog breeds through friends and realized what you read in the press is mostly BS. Then I did some research on the breeds and realized even more what you read in the press is BS and prejudice! 

They’re not the mindless, uncontrollable killing machine people like you think they are. You can turn them into that, no doubt, but the same is true for German Shepherds (which is a breed known for their bite severity and high occurrence of bites, but no one bats an eyelid about that) or any other large dog breed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

We’re going in circles here, so let me say it one more time.

Don't bother, I heard it already, I don't believe it and your arguments do not match the incidences I looked up. You resort to trying to put words into my mouth.  I will drop this now and put you on ignore.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Don't bother, I heard it already, I don't believe it and your arguments do not match the incidences I looked up. You resort to trying to put words into my mouth.  I will drop this now and put you on ignore.

???????????? Ignorance is bliss! Fine by me, mate! Stick your head in the sand! ????????????

On 4/19/2021 at 12:33 PM, PFMills said:

Yes someone’s stupid child for owning a Pitbull. And if you don’t think they were stupid look how it turned out

Pitbulls are not the only breed of dog capable of doing such a thing.  German Shepherds are attack dogs, but also good family pets.  A lot of it has to do with the way the dog was brought up and treated.  So at which breed do you draw the line?

However, I do agree, pitbulls should not be kept as pets in urban areas.  

On 4/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, Kerryd said:

Think about it. The guy had it for 2 years, since it was a puppy, and it turned on him (for whatever reason) and mauled him to death.

I doubt you could ever trust it to not do the same thing again if "triggered".

Another death in the future is a high probability. Maybe next time a baby or child. That dog has tasted human blood and has no qualms about showing who is in charge.

• Like 1

In USA they killed thousand dogs only because police don't need anymore for sniffing drugs at check points, maybe that dogs don't deserve to die but this is a real risk for people around him so will be better take him segregated at least

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 9:58 AM, Excel said:

And to make it even worse from reading that report apparently there is something called a

"Pit Bull Zone Association" - what is that, an organisation of mentally challenged people who are training these killing beasts ?

They might be considering Giant as a candidate for dog fights.

Edited by tropo
  • Haha 1