Thai Air flights to the UK

stupidfarang

Hi has anyone recently flowen with Thai to the UK?

Or any other airline

Are the flights full, what was your experince?

I have to fly back end of May, so am looking for a flight, Eva air is not showing any flights in late May, and I prefer to fly direct.

1 hour ago, stupidfarang said:

I have to fly back end of May, so am looking for a flight, Eva air is not showing any flights in late May, and I prefer to fly direct.

Before going UK best check with UK embassy, at the moment you will get quarantined on arrival I believe last I heard on listening to LBC UK radio.

Two friends waiting to come back to Thailand in September haven't booked any flights yet. 

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Before going UK best check with UK embassy, at the moment you will get quarantined on arrival I believe last I heard on listening to LBC UK radio.

Two friends waiting to come back to Thailand in September haven't booked any flights yet. 

Yes, coming from Thailand I can self quarantine, but things change daily, and if Thailand goes on the red list then will have to quarantine in a hotel at huge cost 

29 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

Yes, coming from Thailand I can self quarantine, but things change daily, and if Thailand goes on the red list then will have to quarantine in a hotel at huge cost 

There's no way current flight availability, travel permissions and quarantine needs will be relevant to end of May travel plans. In that regard, I foresee a very dynamic 2-4 weeks coming up.

37 minutes ago, davidcraig said:

Lufthansa and Swissair are flying via Frankfurt (Lufthansa) and Zurich (Swissair). If going to UK on these flights there's no need to pay for hotel quarantine

Good to know, I am allowed to self quarantine at this point of time, who knows what will happen in June

13 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I can let you know tomorrow night! Taxi arrives at my condo 02:00am. I'm booked for 04:45am departure on TG910 from BKK to LHR on Sunday 18th April. I did a negative Covid PCR test yesterday (within 72hrs of departure) and UK Passenger locator form today (within 48 hours before arrival) and also booked 2 home test PCR kits (required for passenger locator form) to do on day 2 and day 8 of home quarantine. Currently just home quarantine if arriving from Thailand and not visited a red zone ccountry in last 10 days. Thai Airways is the ONLY direct non-stop passenger carrier from Thailand to London at present. My ticket was a return from April 2020 that got cancelled and re-booked numerous times (10). I could have returned to the UK in September last year but am very, very glad that I stayed here in Thailand until now. Must return to UK now for family and business matters. Booked to return to BKK on 1st Nov 2021 assuming travel is permitted (I have NON-O retirement extension with re-entry permit valid to May 2022).

Good luck @soi3eddie, keep us posted.

It will be interesting to see if there's any follow up on your self-quarantine. Several people who went back last year never got contacted and one was never even asked for his personal locator paperwork on arrival on an international flight. More recent posts indicate at least phone calls are being made to check on those hibernating.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, davidcraig said:

Lufthansa and Swissair are flying via Frankfurt (Lufthansa) and Zurich (Swissair). If going to UK on these flights there's no need to pay for hotel quarantine

Finnair through Helsinki is another option.

26 minutes ago, polpott said:
43 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

More recent posts indicate at least phone calls are being made to check on those hibernating.

how do they know where you are when you answer the phone?

They ask, and you, being an honest and socially responsible person tell them you are NOT down the local beer garden. This after finding a quiet corner to take the call.

I think the tracking app has to be installed on your smartphone (if you tell them you have one) and that you haven't left the aforementioned smartphone on the coffee table at your mum's house where you're hibernating while you nip down the beer garden (see above).

• Haha 2

I booked and paid for the 2 & 8 day test kits a month ago. Am due to start quarantine in the UK on Friday. Still no sign of the kits.

Order a couple more then. If you end up with more than you need, flog them on eBay.

Just now, NanLaew said:

They ask, and you, being an honest and socially responsible person tell them you are NOT down the local beer garden. This after finding a quiet corner to take the call.

I think the tracking app has to be installed on your smartphone (if you tell them you have one) and that you haven't left the aforementioned smartphone on the coffee table at your mum's house where you're hibernating while you nip down the beer garden (see above).

The beer garden is literally 20 yards from my front door. Another one only 15 yards in the other direction but doesn't sell Stella or food. How accurate is the tracking app?

Edited by polpott

The beer garden is literally 20 yards from my front door. Another one only 15 yards in the other direction but doesn't sell Stella or food. How accurate is the tracking app?

Not exactly military spec and less accurate than a court-ordered tracking ankle bracelet. Leaving the smartphone at home is easier than removing aforementioned ankle bracelet as well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:
16 hours ago, davidcraig said:

Finnair through Helsinki is another option.

KLM via Hamsterjam offers a plethora of UK destinations... but avoid Scottish ones for now.

• Thanks 1

Just now, NanLaew said:

Not exactly military spec and less accurate than a court-ordered tracking ankle bracelet. Leaving the smartphone at home is easier than removing aforementioned ankle bracelet as well.

Good enough for me. I'll quarantine in the beer garden. Due to arrive home between noon and 1pm on Friday. Full monty and a couple of pints before starting my quarantine.

On a serious note, I'll only have a Thai phone number when I arrive, they're going to have problems contacting me on that.

1 minute ago, polpott said:
5 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

They don't come into your home, just call to check your home and abiding by the quarantine conditions.

No harm in inviting them in.

Nice to see you maintaining that Thai tradition of inviting all and sundry to come and eat.

Just now, NanLaew said:

Nice to see you maintaining that Thai tradition of inviting all and sundry to come and eat.

i learned that from my mother. Friendly bunch us Lancastrians. Unlike my Yorkshire wife who wouldn't give you the steam off her shiite.

27 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Can you post what MAN arrivals is like? That will be my most likely gateway to Oswaldtwistle.

Is Oswaldtwistle Internantional Airport not nearer for you???????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, polpott said:

I booked and paid for the 2 & 8 day test kits a month ago. Am due to start quarantine in the UK on Friday. Still no sign of the kits.

My kits arrived at my house 1 day before the test day .

• Thanks 2