Thailand reports 1,547 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths

webfact

23 hours ago, cocoonclub said:

It hasn’t remained the same for 3 days. And why there would be “No way on Earth” you also fail to show. 

Have you been living under a rock for the past year? The virus spreads at an almost exponential pace, it cannot flatline as the cases rise it can only do that as cases fall

1 minute ago, ourmanflint said:

Have you been living under a rock for the past year? The virus spreads at an almost exponential pace, it cannot flatline as the cases rise it can only do that as cases fall

That’s utter nonsense. Of course a flatline is possible. If it wasn’t possible, we wouldn’t have to discuss measures to curb the spread. 

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I hope you understand how serious an asymptomatic infection and positive test needs to be taken.  Asymptomatic can and do spread the virus.  Look at the newest reports that have been posted in other forums on the subject herein.  As far as your statement of "Gratuitous testing for Covid is stupid. Test only if you have symptoms or if someone you know, and you have had contact with, has tested positive" you are so far off base I don't know what to say to you except look at the newest data and verified peer reviewed studies.  Most of all as you say, and i also say Stay Safe. 

Yeah, stay safe.

Wash hands frequently, and wear a mask. Practice social distancing as well.

If an asymptomatic person is in your environment, they will not be coughing/spreading the virus so easily. Get a clue! Oh wait, maybe they have allergies to sunshine. Oh, wait again... maybe they too are wearing a mask.

I have had Covid; I suspect I caught it my from daughter. I was hospitalized too.

Do you recommend that EVERYBODY test EVERYDAY, EVERY TIME they walk 10 meters? Seriously, wake up and be sensible.

People get tested, wait two days for the results... and in the meantime cross paths with perhaps hundreds of people. The result may come back negative, yet the person may have gotten infected within 5 minutes of taking the test.

Those who believe that testing is the magical means to stop the pandemic are dreamers.

P.S. I am awaiting your snappy comeback.

Edited by Gumballl

On 4/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, cocoonclub said:

That’s absolute nonsense. 

that's quotation from social media post, which introduces an article

"Bangkok hospitals restricting Covid tests after turning away patients the last two weeks due to not enough kits"

I base my info and views on this publication.

and the mentioned article 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26506/bangkok-hospitals-restricting-covid-tests/

Edited by internationalism

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

that's quotation from social media post, which introduces an article

"Bangkok hospitals restricting Covid tests after turning away patients the last two weeks due to not enough kits"

I base my info and views on this publication.

and the mentioned article 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/26506/bangkok-hospitals-restricting-covid-tests/

You claimed that “From the last Saturday 10th of april, laboratories are closed, hospitals don't want to run tests”. That’s not what the article says, and it’s not the case. 

I went to get tested on the evening of 9th April together with a group of friends at different hospitals and drive thru facilities. There were plenty of other people getting tested. More of us got tested on 10th April; total of 20 people. All of us received the results within 1-2 days.

Edited by cocoonclub