Pattaya beach closed from tomorrow

champers

As in deckchairs and tables; just informed by an operator; for 2 weeks.

I don't know how this affects the World Jetski Championships event at Jomtien which starts next Wednesday.

Hotels and restaurants will be taking another hit as will beach operators and those selling items on the beach.

Short term pain for long term gain?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mayor addressed the Jetski competition yesterday, in that it would go ahead, as its outside and there will be no spectators.

The Kite Festival on Pattaya Beach was also mentioned, and it would go ahead as planned until the 19th.

Edited by TaaSaparot

Chonburi-specific restrictions from Pattaya News:

"Beaches, parks, reservoirs, are only for exercising. Gathering, eating, drinking in these areas is “requested” not to happen. (Swimming is NOT prohibited. It is unclear if this means beach chair vendors will have to close as this is a “request” versus an order)"

8 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Chonburi-specific restrictions from Pattaya News:

"Beaches, parks, reservoirs, are only for exercising. Gathering, eating, drinking in these areas is “requested” not to happen. (Swimming is NOT prohibited. It is unclear if this means beach chair vendors will have to close as this is a “request” versus an order)"

They are closing for 2 weeks because they have been told to. Fact, not speculation on my part.

• Confused 1

Update: Apparently there has been a change of heart after much complaining from operators. Operators CAN now open but no consumption of alcohol is allowed. I thought this was already the case. Whether this no booze rule will be enforced remains to be seen. Many Thais rock up with their own supplies.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That's the Thai way.  Can't let a deadly virus get in the way of some beach vendors making a few baht.   ????

It is school holidays so should be reasonably busy and social distancing is easy enough. People need to make a living; I don't begrudge them that.

It is safer than a Thong Lor nightclub and I haven't seen any French kissing going on  ... yet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, champers said:

It is school holidays so should be reasonably busy and social distancing is easy enough. People need to make a living; I don't begrudge them that.

What could possibly go wrong?  ????

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, redwood1 said:

So when is Koh larn  going to close again to keep all those disease ridden tourist out.... 

After more infections, if anything we see reaction is retroactive rather than proactive. Perhaps the head man there gets to make that decision rather than the Governor of Chonburi....

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

I think of any of us abroad who thought there was a possibility of a return this year are going to be somewhat disappointed

Thailands clearly going backwards partly because of slow vaccine roll out

Give the decision makers a break.  They have to conserve money for that badly needed Chinese submarine deal (grab me by the short hairs I think it's called).

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 12:32 PM, Chivas said:

I think of any of us abroad who thought there was a possibility of a return this year are going to be somewhat disappointed

Thailands clearly going backwards partly because of slow vaccine roll out

yes Thailand certainly need lessons from the rest of the world full of covidiots who are not able to stop a pandemics...

2 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

I just don't get it, if the Thai Govt. really wanted to open up Thailand for tourism again, they could achieve it in a month, just make a really focused effort to vaccinate 3M people a day in the tourist areas and restrict access to those areas for anybody except tourists. Hell! with 3M vaccinations a day, the hole country could be vaccinated in a month. Simple math. The Thai Govt. vaccination plan is on the same incompetency level as the Trump response.

They are waiting till they produce Astrazeneca as they have a lot politically invested in it. My wife says people (her family included) will not take it as it supposedly  killed a monk. Thais seem very easily influenced by gossip.

3 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

They are waiting till they produce Astrazeneca as they have a lot politically invested in it. My wife says people (her family included) will not take it as it supposedly  killed a monk. Thais seem very easily influenced by gossip.

Astrozeneca has been reported to have LOTs of bad reactions......Hey if you want to inject this risky brew into yourself, have at it.......But not me no way....I can do without blood clots...

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

yes Thailand certainly need lessons from the rest of the world full of covidiots who are not able to stop a pandemics...

No idea why you've quoted me I purely stated that it appears unlikely borders will open this year and a slow vaccine roll out is making things worse

For all the catastrophic idiocy of our PM in the UK we have redeemed ourselves somewhat by having one of the best vaccine roll outs in the world.... Its works simple as borne out by a dramatic drop in deaths rates and infectrions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, l4ml4m said:

Agreed... far worse handling of the pandemic to be seen.... 

As to vaccination, well just read a post elsewhere from an Oz guy complaining about getting his vac done there...

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

An unqualified statement by an individual seen on Thai television is sufficient to trigger a population reaction. I cringe each time my wife opens a conversation by saying......."Everybody says that........." It usually means her sister has just telephoned with the latest local gossip. Who needs Facebook!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1