Pattaya beach closed from tomorrow

champers

12 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

It doesn't.  Sunlight kills it on surfaces.  Salt water kills it too.  

At first glance, beaches are the safest places to be.  

But.

People gather in groups on the beach, that's the dangerous bit.

Agreed, but even the biggest backers of lockdowns now admit its very hard to contract the virus outdoors.

3 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Agreed, but even the biggest backers of lockdowns now admit its very hard to contract the virus outdoors.

Well I am staying safe by staying indoors. 

I expect being in close proximity is a factor..

The vast majority of SSE transmissions took place in settings where people were essentially confined together for a prolonged period (for example, nursing homes, prisons, cruise ships, worker housing.)

That said, I do not yet feel confident to say it is 'very hard to contract the virus outdoors'....

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That said, I do not yet feel confident to say it is 'very hard to contract the virus outdoors'....

Well, I have always been of this opinion, but it has still surprised me to see some of the so called covid experts now stating it.

On 4/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, kinyara said:

Yes Jomtien beach is open, the only restriction I saw today was the cordoned off area about halfway along that is set up for the Jet Ski World Series event that starts tomorrow.

Think the jetski starts today the 22nd?...........no spectators allowed at the main area though

I was sat where it is being held yesterday pm, looks like they were out practicing....................plenty of people mainly thais on the beach and sat on the walkway many having a beer...........7-11 just opposite the main site

57 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Impossible to vaccinate 3 million a day.. The UK is doing 600k a day.. If you think Thailand has the manpower or facilities for that you're dreaming.

Right.  U.S. is doing an average of 3 million doses per day lately, which is proportional to what the UK is doing.  One day was over 4 million.  But that's been ramped up over 4 months and a lot of work was being done 6 months before that.

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Impossible to vaccinate 3 million a day.. The UK is doing 600k a day.. If you think Thailand has the manpower or facilities for that you're dreaming.

Same size country as the UK, so why not 600k per day? 

4 hours ago, champers said:

Procurement, delivery and distribution logistics, proper handling/storage and training in how to administer the various types of vaccines takes organization and resources.  Wishful thinking doesn't get it done. 

But I digress, this thread is about closures.

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Is the beach closed?

No. Closure was announced by City Hall but they had a change of heart due to many complaints from beach vendors. I was there today and it was very quiet.

9 hours ago, champers said:

I think the UK has a far better Health Service and facilities that clicked together well. It would be optimistic to expect Thailand to do as well. Some people live in places without roads. 

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think the UK has a far better Health Service and facilities that clicked together well. It would be optimistic to expect Thailand to do as well. Some people live in places without roads. 

Not sure about that.

As with a lot of countries, governments are more concerned with their image than anything else.

13 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

Not sure about that.

As with a lot of countries, governments are more concerned with their image than anything else.

Well the image cannot do much about a lack of resources and competence. The system in Thailand is already creaking under the policy of hospitalizing all positive cases. 

On 4/17/2021 at 3:37 PM, champers said:

Update: Apparently there has been a change of heart after much complaining from operators. Operators CAN now open but no consumption of alcohol is allowed. I thought this was already the case. Whether this no booze rule will be enforced remains to be seen. Many Thais rock up with their own supplies.

Many people both Thai and non Thai bring their own booze from the local 7/11. And the police  and other forces may well sweep them up as they did last year or warn people using drones like they did last year. Police vans were in evidence around Soi 4 and Soi 5 Pratumnak on the beaches

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

There are aspects of the Thailand Health system that many foreigners don't know about such as the extensive network of  health advisor in communities. Places without roads? Yeah. They are called forests or jungles or fields or rice paddies!! The UK only recently got  out of the worst countries in the world league for covid deaths. The recent success in doing  so is the educated population who took up offers offers of vaccination. The people saved the UK health system which has never the less overseen 100, 000 covid deaths and canceled up ton 4 million operations.

Edited by The Hammer2021

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well the image cannot do much about a lack of resources and competence. The system in Thailand is already creaking under the policy of hospitalizing all positive cases. 

I don't see the Private Hospitals creaking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe they are yet being used.. but accept they are a very good resource sitting there. 

As I said, when it comes to Governments, image will come first.

Edited by TaaSaparot

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe they are yet being used.. but accept they are a very good resource sitting there. 

I walked by PattayaMemorial covid triage justtoday.3/4 folk waiting.No sign of tension.