Hangovers

cdnvic

Back in the day, once all of my precautions had inevitably failed me, it was a 1/4 pounder with cheese meal and a chocolate shake (real, not McD's), somehow the only thing I could hold down after a 20+ drink night. Perverse, but true.

I've been testing the 'Avoid Hangovers, Stay Drunk' theory for years now. All that does is make for a more expensive session & a bigger hangover when you finally decide to go to bed!

Also.......If you run out of excuses for calling in too hungover to go to work, don't call in and quit instead....

:o

Lately before a heavy session of drinking I've been having a bottle of 'Hang' drink. Next day I'm feeling good so I'm going to assume it works.

Some people swear by it, others say it is crap. Up to you to try and find out! It certainly tastes terrible though, be warned.

post-20031-1179995121_thumb.jpg

Just before you go sleeping drink two glasses of water with some sweet syrup/lemonade.

When you wake up have a good cold and hot shower (finish with hot) eat some scrambled eggs, drink some vitamine C (Redox) and there you go.

If really bad try an icepack on your forehead and temples before above mentioned and after.

Use Megamen vitamin on a daily base, it will strengten you and hangovers will be less severe.

Do not drink anything with caffeine the (next) morning .

When you have a drinking session stick with the first alcohol containing drink you took, do not switch!!!

Drink lots of water, Gatorade or some other energy drink

Alex

By the way I tried the Hang drink and it really taste bad but it seems to work.

This is going to make the beer puritans scream.

The best way to avoid a hangover is to drink beer with plenty of ice. :o No de-hydration of the body - no hangover!! Works - no sh!t!!!

Cheers,

Soundman.

Isn't it better just to drink a bit of water between pints? Same effect but doesn't water down your beer.

This is going to make the beer puritans scream.

The best way to avoid a hangover is to drink beer with plenty of ice. :o No de-hydration of the body - no hangover!! Works - no sh!t!!!

Cheers,

Soundman.

Isn't it better just to drink a bit of water between pints? Same effect but doesn't water down your beer.

Really depends on whether the beer has come out of a coolroom (that is working) or the stack of cardboard boxes at the back of the food stall.

Cheers,

Soundman.

Full English Brekkie works for me

:o I like your style!! :D

an alternative hangover cure for me is a sauna/steam room. not just a 5 minute job but the full works, ie staying in until you think you'll faint - works an absolute treat. :D

hangover cure after a bender.

stay in bed until 4 in the afternoon.

out of bed, 2 litres of water and 2 paracetamol, cold shower.

on the couch at 4:30, sleep til about 9.

wake up starving, plate of tomato soup, another shower, 2 litres of water.

go to be about 10 pm, always feel knackered (dont know why).

next day fresh as a rose. works every time

• 12 years later...
On 5/21/2007 at 3:09 AM, DrFisher said:

An actual scientific study done shows that most of the "old wives tales" do not hold up. The only experiments that showed any kind of decent results were drinking a glass of water for every cocktail you have and or drinking a liter of water or an electrolyte beverage with an anti-inflammatory such as Tylenol before bed. Cheers and good luck.

Yes, mostly "old wifes tales". (To believe in something can move mountains).
Otherwise: 2 Alka-Seltzer after the crime and 2 in the morning, with liberal amounts of water in between.
Of course that means spending most of the night in the bathroom. Not very exiting but I pass the time by whisteling the Yankee-Doodle.