Sales of illegal sex toys is big business in Thailand: report

webfact

23 minutes ago, webfact said:

This is despite punishment for anyone found to be selling, buying or in possession of sex toys  facing up to three years in jail and/or a fine of up to 60,000 baht.

Kind of expected that sentence to end 'riyals'...

Sheds some light on the unsolicited sex toy parcel scam!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FarangFB said:

Here are a couple questions I never found the answer:

1- what happens if you're caught with a sex toy on your luggage when coming in?

2- what happens if you buy some sex toy overseas (say Aliexpress) and it gets caught by customs? 

For the second question I have somewhat experienced it - the order could be considered a sex toy but at the same time it didn't really have any resemblance to a human body part so it could be just a massage device - it never got delivered and when tracking the package I got "Unsuccessful delivery,Prohibited articles - item not delivered/Item seized or destroyed because of nature of content"

Obviously I never complained, this was months ago and I just let it go. I do have other successful purchases and also friends who ordered loads of sex toys, many with quite obvious shapes and they all cleared through customs without hassle.

it must had made somebody at the customs very happy 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This is despite punishment for anyone found to be selling, buying or in possession of sex toys  facing up to three years in jail and/or a fine of up to 60,000 baht.

Geee. Look at this way. 3 years in jail is better than life sentence or death penalty. I guess it's time to get rid of my dildoes. I better get a gun before they ban that too.

Edited by BookShe

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Think you are missing an even bigger point. They really could become the no.1 <deleted> makers in the world with their rubber producing capacity. Grow it local, make it local, export it.

that's why I have posted "And locally made might became exported to muslim countries", which you deleted from quatation

Jealousy in action !!!

Are they going to <deleted> down all entertainment places in Thailand as they are indeed providing sex .Toys are illegal but selling sex on & off the streets is acceptable? Many thai women that I know own sex toys. But they refuse to use when I am around????????

• Like 1