Sales of illegal sex toys is big business in Thailand: report

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

despite punishment for anyone found to be selling, buying or in possession of sex toys  facing up to three years in jail and/or a fine of up to 60,000 baht

1 hour ago, webfact said:

In 2019, police carried out a raids on street vendors along Sukhumvit, close to Nana BTS station, where sex toys and illegal sex pills totalling 2 million Baht were confiscated.

Thais don't want competition with the big toys

• Haha 1

Why do people even talk about this when I can walk around my area of Sukhumvit and see card tables openly on the sidewalk day and night with sex toys and ED meds (real or not)? It makes one think that the vendors must be paying off the BIB I see strolling by, which of course is unthinkable.

54 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Think you are missing an even bigger point. They really could become the no.1 <deleted> makers in the world with their rubber producing capacity. Grow it local, make it local, export it.

"Grow it local, make it local, use it locally, export it if any surplus is available ????

4 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Why do people even talk about this when I can walk around my area of Sukhumvit and see card tables openly on the sidewalk day and night with sex toys and ED meds (real or not)? It makes one think that the vendors must be paying off the BIB I see strolling by, which of course is unthinkable.

paying off the BIB, come on now - this is Thailand the Hub of virtue no graft or corruption here ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai government’s refusal to legalise sex toys because it goes “against the view of Thai society,”

I have no clue what this means ... are <deleted>’s a source of social evil or a sign of a degenerate society? The Thai government, like many other governments, likes to style themselves as representing the moral standards of society.  However, when you live here long enough you know the government has no moral standards, it’s only optics they are interested in.  As for Thai society as a whole, they seem to me to have quite an open and healthy attitude about sex.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FarangFB said:

Here are a couple questions I never found the answer:

1- what happens if you're caught with a sex toy on your luggage when coming in?

2- what happens if you buy some sex toy overseas (say Aliexpress) and it gets caught by customs? 

For the second question I have somewhat experienced it - the order could be considered a sex toy but at the same time it didn't really have any resemblance to a human body part so it could be just a massage device - it never got delivered and when tracking the package I got "Unsuccessful delivery,Prohibited articles - item not delivered/Item seized or destroyed because of nature of content"

Obviously I never complained, this was months ago and I just let it go. I do have other successful purchases and also friends who ordered loads of sex toys, many with quite obvious shapes and they all cleared through customs without hassle.

Next time you’re having a party.......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If your country had one of the smallest average penis sizes among men, next to the Koreans, you probably would look to ban the competition too. 

But it's probably one of the largest among ladies ????

• Haha 2

Penal Code Section 187 outlaws anything "obscene" in any form. There's is no specific parameters to identify what exactly is "obscene."

Yet, Section 282-286 define various forms of "indecency" as a specific offense. Very clear as to the parameters that identify exactly what is indecent. That is crucial for consistent and equitable law enforcement.

Thus, "obscene" under Section 187 appears to be more defined by human subjectivity such as opinion, morals, religion, cultural upbringing, position of power, etc. It's parameters are thus elusive that provides for inconsistent and inequitable law enforcement beginning at an individual level and extending to the highest enforcement and judicial levels of the nation.

Section 187 provides for the effect of "obscene" but does does not seemingly stand upon any "cause." 

3 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

Meanwhile it's perfectly alright to openly display the hugest wood-carved dongs you've ever seen on house altars, at shrines and temples, or dangling them from your rearview mirror. Go figure.

Well firstly they could be religious artifacts and secondly they will not accept batteries

2 hours ago, misterphil said:

Just buy them off Lazada and ensure you have the "Local" box checked when searching so that you only buy ones that are already in Thailand and don't need to go through customs.  

yeh, but Lazada dont have any decent ones (my friend told me that)

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Think you are missing an even bigger point. They really could become the no.1 <deleted> makers in the world with their rubber producing capacity. Grow it local, make it local, export it.

Does silicon require rubber?

Just now, nickmondo said:

yeh, but Lazada dont have any decent ones (my friend told me that)

Give Lazada a miss for them.  Aliexpress is the best better, cheaper, more sellers and never stopped to date, apart that is from the blow up sheep I mentioned in an earlier post.

2 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Does silicon require rubber?

Silicone is a polymer. And before you ask Thailand is a large producer of it, so it is not surprising that Thailand have produced some of the biggest dicks in the world ????

• Haha 1