Sales of illegal sex toys is big business in Thailand: report

webfact

Seriously? They are sold OPENLY everywhere in Thailand, who gives a flying quack, quack, quack?

Get vaccines into everyones arms! Save lives! Get the economy back! Get the tourists back! 

Your poor people are starving, out of work, business's are destroyed!

And you're blithering on about rubber TOYS!? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The report by Vice says that the Thai government’s refusal to legalise sex toys because it goes “against the view of Thai society,” is hypocritical given the country’s prominent sex industry, which the site says is a $6.4 billion dollar industry.

Seems strange then that they are sold & bought on the street and amounts to  a $6.4 billion dollar industry.?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FarangFB said:

1- what happens if you're caught with a sex toy on your luggage when coming in?

you will be relieved of the disgusting objects and some luckyThai lady friend or family member of the customs official will be relived by them that evening . 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well firstly they could be religious artifacts and secondly they will not accept batteries

Battery power could be easily adapted if needed, contact details available if required. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Its pot luck I think as to whether it gets picked up . The only time I had a problem was when I was trying to import a blow up sheep for my Welsh friend. Customs stopped it because of no livestock import licence, baaa

What were the ramifications? Were you fleeced or just told to go to flock?????

• Haha 1

OMG!!  What a fake morality.

Government, wake up!!!!

This xenophobic small minded government is responsible, why Thailand is still called a third world country.

What is so dangerous on the toys.

It would make more sense, to make a prohibition of cigarettes or even cars.

• Like 1

Never had the need to contribute to the trade!

I do object to it though!   Over the past 2 decades,it  appears women have relied on some of these tools to circumvent  a male,  for  their "occasional desires "  .

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, FarangFB said:

Here are a couple questions I never found the answer:

1- what happens if you're caught with a sex toy on your luggage when coming in?

2- what happens if you buy some sex toy overseas (say Aliexpress) and it gets caught by customs? 

For the second question I have somewhat experienced it - the order could be considered a sex toy but at the same time it didn't really have any resemblance to a human body part so it could be just a massage device - it never got delivered and when tracking the package I got "Unsuccessful delivery,Prohibited articles - item not delivered/Item seized or destroyed because of nature of content"

Obviously I never complained, this was months ago and I just let it go. I do have other successful purchases and also friends who ordered loads of sex toys, many with quite obvious shapes and they all cleared through customs without hassle.

Just asking for a friend ? ????????????????

2 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

electric tooth brush works better  

Well maybe but don't you think a girl would look a bit of a prat holding an electric toothbrush and pushing it down hard into her lap whilst sitting on the MRT  ????

1 minute ago, Misterwhisper said:

Not all local lasses have dicks stowed away in their drawers. Many of them walk around with them quite openly... hand in hand on the streets of Pattaya and Phuket.

That maybe so but I have yet to see a lady openly holding an anal bung whilst shopping for cornets

Just now, OldPedro said:

My live sex toy is available anytime, for worthy recipients. But seriously, isn't it time the authorities ceased their hypocrisy and allowed the nation to grow up and join the 21st century....

Of course it is but do you think they will ever ? It is a Hub of Hypocrisy after all. Double standards all the time.

4 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Same as prostitution, make it legal. I can not believe why so many governments are interested in controlling the sexual needs of their citizens. Probably religion and that some people (BIB and those in power) may lose a lot of illegal made money.

The government will not legalise sex toys until some minister has finished setting up his sex toy franchises.  Locals will be permitted to manufacture sex toys after applying for a permit  but sales are restricted to the government only under another expensive permit.

• Haha 1