Sales of illegal sex toys is big business in Thailand: report

webfact

1 hour ago, DBath said:

What if someone were to bore out a cucumber and jam an electric toothbrush in there? Would that be illegal? Asking for a friend. 

No. But be sure to pick a cuke with a wide base or you might end up on youtube. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, kimamey said:

Maybe for jail time or a large fine it would need to be submitted as evidence. If it's confiscated the officer just keeps it. Just a thought.

But what causes it to get to that? Apparently not single toy confiscations, as I have yet to hear of anyone getting fined/arrested for buying or carrying a toy for personal use.

12 hours ago, misterphil said:

Just buy them off Lazada and ensure you have the "Local" box checked when searching so that you only buy ones that are already in Thailand and don't need to go through customs.  

I was just looking for a friend, ???? and I noticed <deleted> is spelt with two 'l's. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

While sex toys are openly sold in places like Nana, Patpong and Silom, it is all on the black market.

Not to mention there's one on every corner of China town in fact there's one dealer set-up on the street right next to police box where the school children pass on there way to and from school. It maybe illegal but my Thai friends tell me it's all owned and operated by the cops. Is that possible? 

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow. ..,  this thread is a screaming beacon for the poor sorry souls  who can’t but help trip over their own bigotry!!!

hilarious...  

Wondering if you have ever asked a bar girl why she prefers Asian men.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Wondering if you have ever asked a bar girl why she prefers Asian men.

Clearly you have so what was the reply when you asked random samples of bar workers in Soi 6 ?   And did there reply include whether or not Asian men bought them lots of sex toys , the subject matter of this thread ? ????

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

Clearly you have so what was the reply when you asked random samples of bar workers in Soi 6 ?   And did there reply include whether or not Asian men bought them lots of sex toys , the subject matter of this thread ? ????

And what exactly doe your post have to do with the matter of the thread? Just wondering.

25 minutes ago, Venom said:

Not to mention there's one on every corner of China town in fact there's one dealer set-up on the street right next to police box where the school children pass on there way to and from school. It maybe illegal but my Thai friends tell me it's all owned and operated by the cops. Is that possible? 

That must be fake news, there is no corruption in Thailand and besides the police are pillars of virtue charged with upholding and fairly applying the law. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BookShe said:

Geee. Look at this way. 3 years in jail is better than life sentence or death penalty. I guess it's time to get rid of my dildoes. I better get a gun before they ban that too.

Sorry, too late. It is illegal for Foreigners to carry or own guns.........apparently we cannot be trusted........????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, misterphil said:

Just buy them off Lazada and ensure you have the "Local" box checked when searching so that you only buy ones that are already in Thailand and don't need to go through customs.  

You mean buy them second hand?

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

And what exactly doe your post have to do with the matter of the thread? Just wondering.

ok I'll make it easy give you a simple clue - "Sex Toys" . Now in case you have not read the subject matter it has nothing to do with bar girls which you appear to have a fixation about. But tiresome drivel in an attempt to divert the thrust of the subject matter as is the case with your replies, sorry but as there is no trash file here , it will just have to be ignore for you. bye bye 

20 hours ago, FarangFB said:

1- what happens if you're caught with a sex toy on your luggage when coming in?

I always travel with just my carry on bag and when I arrive I look for the cute officers!

Solly Mista...mai dai..cannot...too big....will hurt thai lady.....please come this way(wink) ????

Image result for thai lady police

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It will be confiscated.

Always get a chuckle at the big glass box at the burma-thai border-mae sai--all kind of surprises on full display

And most likely getting ready to get sold back to the burma side, who sold it to you in the first place.....

16 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

life like sex dolls will they take over from bar girls . ? no back chatting never ask for money or a drink has interchangeable parts yep i take mine everywhere with me  

Agreed..Best .Investment .Ever! Saving tons on babysitting money ????

lars-and-the-real-girl.gif

20 hours ago, Excel said:

Its pot luck I think as to whether it gets picked up . The only time I had a problem was when I was trying to import a blow up sheep for my Welsh friend. Customs stopped it because of no livestock import licence, baaa

But a little known fact is certain communities are allowed blow up goats.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JohnHans said:

But a little known fact is certain communities are allowed blow up goats.

Ah, you must be referring to the gay guy in Somerset, England who had a blow up Billy goat ????????

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Hope you kept the receipt...  ????  or did you buy her 2nd hand?

Quality may be an issue as I found the locally produced sex dolls  kept going down on me.

Edited by Excel

12 hours ago, FarangFB said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It will be confiscated.

So just confiscated, right? No 5 year jail time + 60k fine mentioned on the first post?

Probably but there's also a chance that he may be prosecuted, I suppose, depending on the quantity he was trying to bring in.  Remember, the OP is about commercial traders in Thailand being prosecuted, not a hapless visitor with his one <deleted>.