Best pork pies in Pattaya

champers

50 minutes ago, champers said:

I don't recall eating a pork pie in Pattaya with jelly in. If you know where there are some I am all ears  .... as are some inferior pork pies  ...  and sausages.

Sorry in Pattaya none – I have to get my Pork Pies sent down from Udon of all places where I have found an excellent Baker !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Sorry if it went over your head.

Of course they should be eaten cold, or you end up like me, losing the jelly all down your shirt.

Scotch pies on the other hand are absolutely delicious hot or cold, but best straight from the oven.

Well the post was about Pork pies..........not Scottish mutton pies.

but no problem.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Just about acceptable.

Far better are the pork pies that I have had from Siam Expat Foods in soi Siam Country Club (also available in the Huay Yai Corner Store).

Saranya's Kitchen:-

152866508_927371297802119_2668764291936422314_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=58c789&_nc_eui2=AeGX7Sdrcc7mKBDTvolq7VQeawqtVOt4M8VrCq1U63gzxRin3I9gUXLJgWPCMnwRmok&_nc_ohc=TU7kNyX2J9oAX-HwcPJ&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&tp=6&oh=0cc0ab03133a9f85f56315acb9c10205&oe=60A22478

Quality is excellent and good value at circa 100 Baht. 

Where is the Siam Expat shop on SCC road exactly? Please don't give me Google map location, can't understand them. Is it as far as the (non-working) traffic lights?

Edited by giddyup

I worked in Australia for a year a while ago and trust me Aussie food is not gourmet, impossible to find a good pie anywhere, pork or otherwise. Obviously Giddyup’s taste buds have gone as there is nothing finer than a good pork pie.

6 minutes ago, Scottie12 said:

I worked in Australia for a year a while ago and trust me Aussie food is not gourmet, impossible to find a good pie anywhere, pork or otherwise. Obviously Giddyup’s taste buds have gone as there is nothing finer than a good pork pie.

Sorry, but already beat you to the lack of taste buds comment. Well they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. There are thousands of small bakeries making pies across Australia, are you saying you've tried them all?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Where is the Siam Expat shop on SCC road exactly? Please don't give me Google map location, can't understand them. Is it as far as the (non-working) traffic lights?

Can't tell you exactly because I approached it across country via a link road between sois Nern Plab Wan and Siam Country Club.  

Basically, coming out of town you proceed over the railway line and I would guess it is half way to the cross roads with traffic lights. It is on the right just after Banglamung Powerstation. It is before Greenfield Villas 3 and Siam Place which are on the left. 

It is a single shop house with large Union Jack signage

AF1QipO_vPGR-DmL3KQYS_0vorlVJo6EvD_6ZP-6Dg5B=w408-h544-k-no

• Like 1

4 hours ago, polpott said:

And I suppose to you, a bouillabaisse is better than Cullen Skink? Philistine.

Absolutely not. Cullen Skink is the bees knees, if properly made. SWBO is a master of the dish, forget all that froggy rubbish. 

All I was saying was, local pork pies are not all that great.

3 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Absolutely not. Cullen Skink is the bees knees, if properly made. SWBO is a master of the dish, forget all that froggy rubbish. 

All I was saying was, local pork pies are not all that great.

Stobarts are not locally made; they are imported from the UK. Pukka pies and sausage rolls in the same freezer cabinet, also imported.

14 hours ago, champers said:

I don't recall eating a pork pie in Pattaya with jelly in. If you know where there are some I am all ears  .... as are some inferior pork pies  ...  and sausages.

The ones they sell in Big CX certainly have jelly in them, but need mustard. 

On 4/18/2021 at 5:43 AM, digbeth said:

Aka traders in Soi Town in Town back when they used to be called Town in Town hotel used to to decent pork pies, don't know if they're still around

If one has the time, head to the Flow Cafe at the Holiday Inn on Beach Road, they have fresh pies ready made and are super duper....????????????????????????????. I think the crust is the best part of the pie....????

On 4/17/2021 at 5:49 PM, giddyup said:

As an Aussie never understood the appeal of pork pies. To me it's just a huge lump of pastry with a couple of tablespoons of greasy pork inside. Could be used as a boat anchor in a pinch. Must be an acquired taste like Vegemite.

In the UK in my local comprehensive school we used to be taken on the odd field trip.

Many moons ago.

I loved pork pies so the thought of visiting their local factory in a neighbouring town I instantly thought of free samples.

However watching the process and what went into the mixer I never touched one again.

Should have stayed away.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

However watching the process and what went into the mixer I never touched one again.

My father was the same wrt corned beef. And many say similar in relation to sausages. It is a bit like the Chinese restaurant, better you never visit the kitchen. 

Siam ex pat foods on siam country club are by far the best pork pies in pattaya, for me, because they are the only ones that have the pastry cooked throughout,  & have jelly, all of the others including  Yorkies  need longer in the oven, the pastry is still wet  and gooey

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

but no problem.

regards worgeordie

My post that you replied to was about eating a warm pork pie, not to be recommended, which obviously you missed.

21 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Don't forget that Tinnies Gourmet Pie Shop and Restaurant probably has the best pies of all descriptions.  Lovely grub.  Thrappaya Road, Jomtien, on the way down to the beach near the welcoming Arch, just before the Krungsri Bank and View Talay 7.   Just saying.

Yep, all the above and Aussie pricing too.

20 hours ago, Postmaster said:

Don't forget that Tinnies Gourmet Pie Shop and Restaurant probably has the best pies of all descriptions.  Lovely grub.  Thrappaya Road, Jomtien, on the way down to the beach near the welcoming Arch, just before the Krungsri Bank and View Talay 7.   Just saying.

I had never had an Aussie pie before eating one at Tinnies. I was an instant convert. Took a steak and mushroom Tinnies out of the freezer last night for my lunch today.

However, Aussie pork pies? No mate.

15 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Can't tell you exactly because I approached it across country via a link road between sois Nern Plab Wan and Siam Country Club.  

Basically, coming out of town you proceed over the railway line and I would guess it is half way to the cross roads with traffic lights. It is on the right just after Banglamung Powerstation. It is before Greenfield Villas 3 and Siam Place which are on the left. 

It is a single shop house with large Union Jack signage

AF1QipO_vPGR-DmL3KQYS_0vorlVJo6EvD_6ZP-6Dg5B=w408-h544-k-no

Pretty accurate description.............another way to look for landmarks is if you come off the highway (Suk) and go over the railway lines approx another 1-2 km you will pass Wanasin market on the right, keep going approx another km and there is a road that slopes off to the right, ignore it.....Expat Foods is about 200m on the right............

Edited by thaiflyer1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2021 at 5:47 AM, jacko45k said:

Champers, I get an impression of a guy sat on his patio in a Union jack T-shirt, also in shorts, socks and sandals, enjoying his Ploughmans. 

Ploughman's from Udon Thani includes locally made pork pie.

peeeffs.jpg.fe31c9f6fbd45172be062db01df7b39d.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:
18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

but no problem.

regards worgeordie

My post that you replied to was about eating a warm pork pie, not to be recommended, which obviously you missed.

Home made Scottish mutton pies... also available in Udon Thani.

58032.jpg.22ebfbc60ceb15fddfa8388ea14692f0.jpg

• Like 2