Scaffolding

sead

Is this type of scaffolding possible to adjust the height on, or can it just be put on the top. Im telling my wife that she can move it down 2 steps but she says people say no. Anyone have this type and can give me some info. The red bar sould be able to position down to the green area. Ty

174250542_457610302164983_11675723629348339_n.jpg.985ee8f2aea9e9aff4658192a130ebf3.jpg116129674_375464593419548_5387042907621902039_n.jpg.15ae7b08034881755fff08b40a3c5106.jpg

In some cases even installing these upside down may be a practical option.

I hate the scaffolding sold in Thailand. Complete junk. Rusts out fast for something your life depends on makes no sense whatsoever. Paint so low quality it rubs off on your hands that you touch all the time going up and down. Yes the braces keep it from falling over, but don't make it stiff so it's real wobbly. And precautions are needed to keep dirt from clogging the bottoms and rain getting in the tubes. Definitely the dark ages here but no one seems to notice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As long as you retain some brace at the top level then looks ok to me. The cross braces are the most important part too.  I agree with the general view though that rigs here are totally inadequate, especially when it comes to boarding.

I sold all my construction gear  (including aluminium towers and concrete mixers) that I had built up over 20 years for £300 when I finally sold up in the UK; I'm kicking myself every time I have to buy equipment here to replace what I had back home.

• Thanks 1

I bought 6 units of "Thai scaffolding" over 10 years ago.  They were rusty so I did a complete refurb and paint.  They are normally used as 2 units, 3 units high.  A bit of wobble at times but nothing ever fell apart.  I don't know what makes them inadequate to some but they have been very reliable for me and several crews that routinely rent from us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I had a load of scaffolding delivered yesterday.

But wait in the back of the picture there is normal blue scaffolding--caught! Let's see a picture of the bamboo scaffolding erected. Seems doubtful it will be used quite as you imply.

Just now, canopy said:

But wait in the back of the picture there is normal blue scaffolding--caught! Let's see a picture of the bamboo scaffolding erected. Seems doubtful it will be used quite as you imply.

The bamboo is for building an upper floor.

The blue box is for the workers to climb on to pour the buckets of concrete into the molds.

Should be up in the next few days, I'll post a photo of the concrete floor supported by bamboo.