Non-B visa dates different to work contract

I recently completed a 1-year contract with a school and now wanting to either change school or go onto a covid 60-day tourist visa if necessary (The contract was through an agency so i'm guessing this is why the dates don't match)

The problem is that after joining, the work permit took 3-months to process, so my non-b and work permit don't finish until July

Does this stop me from taking on another position in May? I've had one job offer at another school, but they've said I have to arrange the visa myself (with assistance from their teachers)

I think you have a extension of stay based upon teaching not a 90 day entry from a non-b visa.

You cannot apply for a tourist visa without leaving the country.

You can change employers while on a extension of stay but you cannot get another non-b visa without leaving the country.

To change employers requires requires the new employer applying for a new work permit and obtaining a work permit application approval letter.

Then you would need a termination letter from your current employer stating the last day you will be working for them. Then using the termination letter you would cancel your extension and apply for a new one with supporting documents from your new employer and the work permit approval letter.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you have a extension of stay based upon teaching not a 90 day entry from a non-b visa.

You cannot apply for a tourist visa without leaving the country.

You can change employers while on a extension of stay but you cannot get another non-b visa without leaving the country.

To change employers requires requires the new employer applying for a new work permit and obtaining a work permit application approval letter.

Then you would need a termination letter from your current employer stating the last day you will be working for them. Then using the termination letter you would cancel your extension and apply for a new one with supporting documents from your new employer and the work permit approval letter.

Thanks 

That sounds like one big headache so I think I’ll see it out until the work permit ends 

5 minutes ago, Lake Palmer said:

Thanks 

That sounds like one big headache so I think I’ll see it out until the work permit ends 

If you stay in Thailand after your job ended you are technically on overstay, and when applying for a further extension an IO might notice this.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If you stay in Thailand after your job ended you are technically on overstay, and when applying for a further extension an IO might notice this.

The contract with agency has ended, but I’m assuming there is separate contract with the school which is still going the full 12 months until the visa ends

Returning to the school in May means I wouldn’t be on overstay, just on school holidays