Life is not a beach...

Brunolem

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Because they are entirely pointless. No matter how much farangs moan about things, NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE. Complaining about anything Thai is like <deleted> into the wind.

Only Thais are going to change Thailand.

There's a difference between criticizing, and moaning / complaining.  

I admit, I am critical, but that's not moaning or complaining.  I chose to live here, and I can leave Thailand anytime I chose, covid aside.  

I agree, only the Thai's can change Thailand.  Farang will have to change their environment if they want to seek a different lifestyle, or put up with it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Unfortunately life is never going to be a beach again until everyone is vaccinated

This is a pipe dream.

There never has been 100% of the population vaccinated with a 100% efficient vaccine.

And globalization makes it far more difficult to deal with this pandemic (see the Burmese migrant workers who brought the virus back to Thailand last December)

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Probably because most of our countries have done a lot worse than Thailand.

That would be in the shut out and containment stage.  Not sure how well they will do in the vaccination stage.  

On 4/22/2021 at 8:22 PM, bwpage3 said:

I have had both the Moderna Covid vaccines from the VA Hospital in the USA.

It clearly states in the literature provided the effective date is 6 months only.

There is a talk of a required booster vaccine, but how long the booster will be effective is anyone's guess right now.

Another 6 months?

Then what?

This is not a simple get a vaccine and it is over scenario.

174166895_10222943099238791_816588379776734192_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What ever governents do or not do, it is still survival of fittest!

Even survival of the fittest is not on a caveman stadium anymore, it is still those who is best prepered to stay alive health vise as economical. 

9 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Or if there will be future generations...

I am sure covid will not end humans, as a species, however, many covid protocols will remain, long after covid has been dealt with.  

32 minutes ago, Leaver said:

I am sure covid will not end humans, as a species, however, many covid protocols will remain, long after covid has been dealt with.  

By "protocols", I suppose you mean freedom restrictions.

They will remain for sure, in the same way that the "protocols" following 9/11 have remained since then...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

By "protocols", I suppose you mean freedom restrictions.

They will remain for sure, in the same way that the "protocols" following 9/11 have remained since then...

Yes, that's right, the loss of some freedoms we all took for granted before covid.  

There will be some lessons learnt that humanity will take forward for future generations on how to deal with global pandemics, some of those may be implemented on an annual basis for the common cold.  

24 minutes ago, Leaver said:

There will be some lessons learnt that humanity will take forward for future generations on how to deal with global pandemics ..............

My suggestion would be nuking China.

Or at least the Wuhan biological research center.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My suggestion would be nuking China.

Or at least the Wuhan biological research center.

Where you believe they made the virus and let it loose by accident? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Where you believe they made the virus and let it loose by accident? 

When I worked in a position of power, for every disastrous world event the discussion would invariably be 'conspiracy or cock-up'?

In the end the answer was always cock-up!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When I worked in a position of power, for every disastrous world event the discussion would invariably be 'conspiracy or cock-up'?

Is the the JFK assassination, with the magic bullet that can change directions, a conspiracy, or cock-up?   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well, the humans cock-up and interact with the wild animals on so many levels, that in a country like china, there is a good base for viruses like we see no, is of no doubt. 

Im just shocked there is not more of it especially travelled china on the country side and also visited Chongqing markeds. Out in in the villages I saw monkeys on the menu as well many other species I never thought existed. All mixed together. Slaughtered in front of you as well before take away or served around the corner restaurant

1 minute ago, Leaver said:

Is the the JFK assassination, with the magic bullet that can change directions, a conspiracy, or cock-up?   

I would like to believe there is a huge conspirecy and JFK still smoking cigars on Cuba the day today

32 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Probably 3 different agencies trying to kill him on the same day ......... so cock-up.

The only cock-up was not stopping the guy from filming.  ????

What about Sadam and his weapons of mass destruction?  They are still looking for them.  ????

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 1:37 AM, GinBoy2 said:

I don't like slamming the Europeans, even though they seem to mostly have no problem slamming us.

But the numbers are staggering how far they are behind the US in vaccinations, only Hungary comes close, and the UK doesn't count as European anymore.

The US numbers get better everyday, I know my own State has 71% with at least one shot, 33% fully vaccinated, but again every State is different.

Unfortunately life is never going to be a beach again until everyone is vaccinated, and countries like Thailand who do rely on tourism to a certain extent, might need to ramp up vaccinations since it's not just those coming in that need to have had a had but those already in the country.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html

In USA now we have reached the predicted vaccine glut.  Well represented by republicans in you guessed it Tennessee, Alabama, Wyoming etc those who will "never" take a covid vaccine make make  herd immunity  impossible.

Biden need to take immediate action to start issuing export licenses to give supplies  to any country that needs them.  

https://theweek.com/articles/978159/americas-vaccine-glut-here-time-share

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

In USA now we have reached the predicted vaccine glut.  Well represented by republicans in you guessed it Tennessee, Alabama, Wyoming etc those who will "never" take a covid vaccine make make  herd immunity  impossible.

Biden need to take immediate action to start issuing export licenses to give supplies  to any country that needs them.  

https://theweek.com/articles/978159/americas-vaccine-glut-here-time-share

BS. They'll all catch covid, and those that survive will be as protected as ANY that have been vaccinated. And before you post a link stating otherwise, read it where it will say vaccinated people "should be, may be, probably are" more protected than people recovered from covid. Very scientific terms, eh?

So herd immunity will come, it'll just take longer and the herd will be smaller.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frantick said:

BS. They'll all catch covid, and those that survive will be as protected as ANY that have been vaccinated. And before you post a link stating otherwise, read it where it will say vaccinated people "should be, may be, probably are" more protected than people recovered from covid. Very scientific terms, eh?

So herd immunity will come, it'll just take longer and the herd will be smaller.

The herd will be smaller because they died? All they vaccines are effective at preventing serious illness hospitalization and death. Until they Darwin-award themselves out of existence the percentage of anti-vaxX deplorables will be about the same and her immunity might come, and go again. What we need now if for the big employers and retailers/entertainment to demand vaccination and Digital Vaccination Passports for entry to most public venues and workplaces. 

Yes there  a tiny minority with legitimate medical excuses  can be addressed easily

VaccineCheck_Digital_Health_Pass.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

The herd will be smaller because they died? 

VaccineCheck_Digital_Health_Pass.jpg

At a rate of 0.2 to 0.3% of death from Covid for those below 70, it will take quite some time to cull the herd.

Have a look in Florida, for example, the population is not shrinking because of covid...as a matter of fact it is growing because of all the people fleeing the Democrat states...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leaver said:

No disease has ever come close to ending humans, but if we do not change our ways, IMO we are likely to destroy our environment to the extent of polluting the human race into extinction. The corona epidemic has not even reduced the destruction of rain forests around the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1