Thailand reports 1,767 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths

webfact

With regard to fatalities, I have seen no information on the last 4 who died. No nationality or age or underlying conditions given - or maybe I missed them during this 'death-by-graphics' stage.

Seem to have stopped reporting this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

With today's newly reported cases, Thailand moved up another two positions to be ranked now 109th among the world's countries in terms of cumulative numbers of COVID cases. The MoPH charts below are ranked by total numbers of COVID cases.

Screenshot_13.jpg.205a1fdab97151b3ed30b1722c18bc07.jpg

And regional comparisons between Thailand and its regional peer countries.

Screenshot_14.jpg.75de0638b2e9277b68b4a5adb040613b.jpg

Aiming to become a hub for covid virus maybe?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

3 days of almost identical figures followed by one day of a higher figure is not continued exponential growth according to my understanding of the term.

If it continues to rise in the days ahead then you might have a point.

Yeah need understand also that if they not test more is hard to get higher number! 

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

You know full well that unless they are ordered not to do something, most will do just as they want. Total lack of leadership has caused the current increasing numbers.

People cause the problems..........................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The two figures generally move together because under the government's policy, anyone who tests positive for COVID is required to enter some kind of hospital or similar facility.

I wonder how long they'll be able to maintain this policy for?Until they run out of room I  suppose.

8 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

You know full well that unless they are ordered not to do something, most will do just as they want. Total lack of leadership has caused the current increasing numbers.

Same lack of leadership whereby some people encouraged their family members to travel from Bangkok for Songkran.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I wonder how long they'll be able to maintain this policy for?Until they run out of room I  suppose.

It is why they are making Hospitels now by using ASQ Hotels.  They will fill them all up along with all of the other closed hotels that the THA is pushing for them to use, before they would allow anyone to self isolate I am afraid.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CRUNCHER said:

Could someone please explain the (practical) difference between "local transmissions" and "people entering quarantine"?

Local being person to person, at work,home whatever.

From quarantine being people who have entefed Thailand from wherever and have been quarantined and tested there..

• Thanks 1