Thailand reports 1,767 new COVID-19 cases, 2 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

So much for the claim that they were artificially limiting the cases to 1500 or just above.

Mind you the same kind of claim was made when the figures hovered just under 1,000 a day for a couple of days and it quite evidently wasn't true then, either.

Good that you mention that so many members sprout non sense these things need to be mentioned.

One member even said they changed the banking hours because the baht would crash and there would be bank run. That was after an article that said banks were limiting banking hours because of covid.

There truly are a lot of conspiracy thinkers out there. I really wish i had bought stock in tinfoil companies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BookShe said:

Let's just keep an eye on fatalities. Number of cases are less important. There can be an order of magnitude more cases undetected. Of course there's a correlation between case numbers and mortality, but it seems to be Thailand was pretty lucky in both terms since the start of this pandemic. ( I have no idea why)

I have an idea why...they didn’t report them...it’s a case of occums razor...either they under reported them or Thailand alone in the world has some special resistance to Covid. The simple explanation seems more plausible compared to some miracle immunity not shred by even their close genetic cousins in the region.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Local being person to person, at work,home whatever.

From quarantine being people who have entefed Thailand from wherever and have been quarantined and tested there..

Are you sure that’s correct? The high number of 200+ just seems unlikely if “from quarantine” really means upon entering Thailand.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am wondering how many tests given per day and how they get results so quickly.

No statistic about how many tests given and what percentage are positive.  

Amazing that Thailand has 1000's of tests available daily countrywide and are performing and analysing 1000's of tests daily.   

Did not think  we had the capability.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I am wondering how many tests given per day and how they get results so quickly.

Amazing that Thailand has 1000's of tests available daily countrywide and are performing and analysing 1000's of tests daily.   

There's a lot of info on testing stats, if you look at the very end of the daily COVID case numbers thread from yesterday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

I have an idea why...they didn’t report them...it’s a case of occums razor...either they under reported them or Thailand alone in the world has some special resistance to Covid. The simple explanation seems more plausible compared to some miracle immunity not shred by even their close genetic cousins in the region.

Speaking of genetic dispositions I wonder how the Homemade Covid Vaccine test results or Human Trials are going.

30 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

People cause the problems..........................

Hygiene !!!!!! Back in March of 2020, I was worried about the spread of the virus from China ,in Thailand !

Now that it's back, hygiene is not being practiced  as much according to news reports!

I would like to see  this stepped up especially in the rural areas with volunteers going through the villages , advising

everyone to practice  the safety measures !

These methods were a great help last year imop

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, khunpa said:

With 3000 vaccinations per day it will only take about 60 years until we are all clear.

We should be okay ???? 

Add few century in your numbers, people need second shot also and every year new shot.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Speaking of genetic dispositions I wonder how the Homemade Covid Vaccine test results or Human Trials are going.

Apparently 60% of those volunteers being tested have started to develop mental health issues. They have been left with no option but to swear in those affected as government ministers shortly.????

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cocoonclub said:

Of course you have some evidence to back these speculations up? 

it wouldn’t be speculation if I did...people speculate on the stock market every day without concrete evidence of what will happen, quarterly reports and annual forecasts are often wrong and share prices tank or rise accordingly..people form an opinion on the information (including comparative information) that they have and there are people who have the same or differing opinions which is what forms the market...this is what I am doing here. And as with the stock market there is every chance I am right and the next man is wrong and vice versa...that’s life.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

I was going to post practically the same as your first two sentences.

I believe that the waiting time for test results is around four days so the figures are in theory out of date by the time they are published.

I remember a year ago they published statistics to include the number of tests results outstanding amongst the statistics. Not now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BookShe said:

Let's just keep an eye on fatalities. Number of cases are less important. There can be an order of magnitude more cases undetected. Of course there's a correlation between case numbers and mortality, but it seems to be Thailand was pretty lucky in both terms since the start of this pandemic. ( I have no idea why)

Just need to bear in mind that in general the fatality data needs to be related to the case numbers from 14 days ago.

• Like 1