What's this valve called?

carlyai

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

I need to replace my Spring Check Valve with a Swing Check Valve because the spring one is restricting my water flow. I think.

Thanks for the replies. ????

I think you need a " Butterfly Valve " - the correct name for this type of Valve not a swing valve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlyai said:

I need to replace my Spring Check Valve with a Swing Check Valve because the spring one is restricting my water flow. I think.

Thanks for the replies. ????

I have a spring non-return valve also fitted directly after the meter, doesn't seem to affect my water flow, I prefer them to a flap valve as I have experienced in past that sometimes flap valves (as I like to call them) do not close sufficiently if water pressure is low, relying only on a weight & pressure, if the town water is off, I don't want to supply the town with my tank reserve.

On 4/19/2021 at 12:52 PM, brianthainess said:

I have a spring non-return valve also fitted directly after the meter, doesn't seem to affect my water flow, I prefer them to a flap valve as I have experienced in past that sometimes flap valves (as I like to call them) do not close sufficiently if water pressure is low, relying only on a weight & pressure, if the town water is off, I don't want to supply the town with my tank reserve.

Yes the spring check valve is probably the best for your setup, but my low pressure aquaponics system(45w pump) probably needs a Swing valve. I have a spring valve and replacing it. I just wanted to know the correct name which differentiates it from those springy thinggys.