"Thai Women don't feel Love"

Strange this thread and the ever popular  two words kep re-occuring "failed marriage".  Now exactly what is a failed marriage ? people think if it ends in divorce it has failed, but has it ?    The determination of failed or not is surely dependent upon what ones aspiration or expectations were at the outset.  People who sign pre-nups are considered wise by many by I differ as I think if there is any doubt in your mind prior to marriage  then by signing a pre-nup you have just reinforced the fact that you have an expectation that that marriage may end in divorce.  Therefore how can that be considered a failure, your marriage has lived up to expectations. Most people would thus consider living up to expectations as achieving your goal, thus not failed.

Secondly a misogynistic view is that why should a man marry once. A bride is extremely happy on her wedding day normally. Whether she is so happy in love just to be marrying her man or whether it is the dressing up occasion well that is open to opinion. However why should a man be selfish and make a lady happy only once? surely to make several ladies happy on their particular day would be far more generous.? The most generous man that comes to mind is Mickey Rooney. 8 times he made someone happy, how many of us can say that ?

So you see this generalist viewpoint that a marriage has failed, just because it was legally concluded does not necessarily mean anything has failed.

Edited by Excel

1 hour ago, sencelebi said:

They do feel love, actually their love is stronger than the European or US women. But they don't express themselfs, they are mostly not romantic but they deeply fall in love when they find the right man.

it is true that most/some Thai woman wants nothing to do with Thai men since Thai men are not a real family men and self fish.

But this applies to uneducated,village or low income Thai women/men

Educated and self supported women with high income prefers white collar  Thai men.

And exactly how many women from both of the background types have you discussed with this in order to reach that conclusion ? Sounds more like opiniated drivel to me obtained through bar chats.

On 4/18/2021 at 7:29 PM, GinBoy2 said:

Well, thats the dirty rotten truth about many Farang/Thai relationships.

It's not based on love, or indeed attraction but much more a financial transaction. In that toxic relationship the idea that 'love' comes in to the equation is nonsensical.

If anyone is delusional enough to believe that the 60 somethings farang and the 20/30 something Thai relationship is based on anything but money and not love, you need help!

Thats a brutal truth, which I know will <deleted> folks off and I expect the blowback, but truth hurts

Not when every 60year old farang in Thailand thinks they are hansom, and looks 20 years younger , whilst their wife is 40 but looks 30, has 3 phds and every guy walking down the street is ogling  them with pure jealousy

4 hours ago, StevieAus said:

In relation to your last paragraph, are you suggesting that one should divest oneself of ones assets, money etc or hide them before entering into a relationship ?

My Thai wife didn’t know any of my worth until a year after we entered into a relationship and when she moved to Australia.

After fifteen years, our marriage is still strong and she has and continues to enjoy a good and happy lifestyle.

I compare this with my first marriage to a European, when I had little compared to what I have now, she left me after about six years with a young child to bring up and never contributed to his upbringing.

I know which situation I prefer.

What I meant was not to splash around ones wealth in attracting a partner - you will obviously attract one for your wealth and not to yourself, per se.

A woman (or a man for that matter) who chooses a partner for what he is and not for what he has, has a higher chance of having a successful long term relationship.

• Like 1

One thing that I have not worked out whether its a language barrier, cultural thing, girl thing, age thing,

but 95% of the thai girls I chatted to (and my chatting skills are well above average)

is their lack of ability to have an engaging conversation AND to try and discover things about you,

I would be asking their family background, or where they grew up and just general questions,

and I reckon some of them after months or even years of chatting never asked me about my family, or anything

in fact, 95% of them dont even tell me their name , its as though they dont know how to have a polite conversation or they just assume that me/everyone knows it, and their crappy replies

the number of times the converstaion went

hi my name is XXXX, nice to meet you

nice to meet you

and how has your day been, anything exciting happen today?

I had a good day thanks

I see you live in Bkk, did you grow up there?

Yes/no, and you?

(maybe its just me and im as boring as a house brick)

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No so much pot-luck.... If you are overwhelmingly misogynistic and view any new relationship as nothing more than a financial transaction there is no luck involved. Someone will not find a relationship borne of mutual respect and feelings, it's going to be impossible - if any potential relationship is approached in this manner there will be repeated conformation that love is only ever something which is bought. 

When I got married I wanted sex- end of. I was happy to pay as long as I got that, but when the sex stopped it was the beginning of the inevitable end.

I'm not saying that others shouldn't want a loving and respectful relationship- up to them, but everyone has different wants in life, and that's not what I needed.

9 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

One thing that I have not worked out whether its a language barrier, cultural thing, girl thing, age thing,

but 95% of the thai girls I chatted to (and my chatting skills are well above average)

is their lack of ability to have an engaging conversation AND to try and discover things about you,

I would be asking their family background, or where they grew up and just general questions,

and I reckon some of them after months or even years of chatting never asked me about my family, or anything

in fact, 95% of them dont even tell me their name , its as though they dont know how to have a polite conversation or they just assume that me/everyone knows it, and their crappy replies

nice to meet you

I had a good day thanks

Yes/no, and you?

That's not just a Thai thing. None of my non Thai friends ever asked me about my life in Thailand.

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's easy. It's when one partner refuses to meet the expectations of the other. It takes 2 to make a relationship work.

Don't take  post out of context please, it makes your replies  appear foolish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm a serial monogamist.

I like to have the same woman in my bed every night, she doesn't need to cook or clean for me.

But I do require that she makes breakfast and takes my 9 year old son to school in the morning as I'm too lazy to get up that early myself.

Im down with that as all I need is one good one, and I like to sleep in too...... ????

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I would agree with you, but it still costs you money.

Everything costs money... no 5 yr old buys their own school clothes... 

Even the free water at the hotel is built into the price... 

I think most of us just learn to accept this and spend our time figuring where we will get the most value for our discriminatory part of the funds

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

nice to meet you

I had a good day thanks

Yes/no, and you?

lol

I might have to agree--i'll add a few

What are you doing?

Did you eat today?

Why no sleep?

hello....5 hrs pass.....

Whats your job--usually the 1st Q.

You have wife?

Do you have a thai gf?

Currently chatting up a thai gal in BKK..shes over 30 and an artist so has talent, but seems to be constantly painting and again , lives at home, and claims to have never kisses a male.....getting ready to say goodbye as im tiring of being the first to say hello, I said nothing for days to see if she would start the chat....still waiting......

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

he number of times the converstaion went

nice to meet you

I had a good day thanks

Yes/no, and you?

Dear house brick... maybe juice up the level of your conversation rather than accuse them... 

Thai love to laugh, try having a fun conversation, not a quiz show... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

When I got married I wanted sex- end of. I was happy to pay as long as I got that, but when the sex stopped it was the beginning of the inevitable end.

Are you kidding? This is the opposite and equally as crazy as the guys who go to the bars and pay for it because they want true love... 

I might be going out on a limb here, but if you want sex and want to pay for it, why go to the wedding store - that's not what they sell there... 

Sort of like going to the ice cream parlor and wanting to roller skate there... someone is going to be disappointed... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

the guys who go to the bars and pay for it because they want true love... 

Hahaha ha, true love from a bar, well maybe for the short time gal, love lasts just short time. For the long time, well it just lasts until you pay them to leave.  Loveless again thereafter until the cycle repeats itself.

23 hours ago, robblok said:

Britman is just one of many with the same attitude. No problem he likes it and is satisfied. Its guys similar to Britman but who have the illusion that paying is love. Britman does not have that illusion. I doubt he would be cheated. He likes how he lives i respect that. At least he does not say all Thai woman are bad or can't love. Its just not what he is looking for.

Agreed....the Illusion of love...if someone wants to pay, then great, its their money.....I guess I just argue with myself is that Im willing to invest the time and hope that I have enough skill and charm to attract a woman...but then therein lies what does a woman find "attractive" in a new culture aka asian.........so I suppose am I using the right tools of skill-charm--gentleman, whatever, or is it futile and the answer is simply.....cash...if so, fine..Im just trying to discover what keys will fit new locks in a country that differs from the one I was raised in, being a rule from my father of "always be a gentleman"....not sure if that is working.......but then again I may be trying to throw the whole female lot into the same pot........perhaps the snowflake theory that each woman is "same same  but different".....so remains the great unknown..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hahaha ha, true love from a bar, well maybe for the short time gal, love lasts just short time. For the long time, well it just lasts until you pay them to leave.  Loveless again thereafter until the cycle repeats itself.

but..but I lub u long time teerak!.......so does my sick buffalo! joop joop!  the lesson is repeated until its learned grasshopper! ????

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Are you kidding? This is the opposite and equally as crazy as the guys who go to the bars and pay for it because they want true love... 

I might be going out on a limb here, but if you want sex and want to pay for it, why go to the wedding store - that's not what they sell there... 

Sort of like going to the ice cream parlor and wanting to roller skate there... someone is going to be disappointed... 

I digress......now get over here quick and bring a friend! Its melting! :)(bee gees playing in the background)

Image result for ice cream roller skate

11 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Agreed....the Illusion of love...if someone wants to pay, then great, its their money.....I guess I just argue with myself is that Im willing to invest the time and hope that I have enough skill and charm to attract a woman...but then therein lies what does a woman find "attractive" in a new culture aka asian.........so I suppose am I using the right tools of skill-charm--gentleman, whatever, or is it futile and the answer is simply.....cash...if so, fine..Im just trying to discover what keys will fit new locks in a country that differs from the one I was raised in, being a rule from my father of "always be a gentleman"....not sure if that is working.......but then again I may be trying to throw the whole female lot into the same pot........perhaps the snowflake theory that each woman is "same same  but different".....so remains the great unknown..

I don't really care what how guys attract their woman. My only remark is that those who use money to do so attract a certain kind of woman. To then state that they are all the same is just untrue. Also those who pay for it should not moan too much if cheated because that is the kind your likely to attract.

I prefer to attract them with who i am, certainly that limits my options. Also its no guarantee for a relation, but at least i know that if they don't like me they will leave and if they stay its because they like me. I have had some bad experiences with paying for girls. I did that a few times when i first arrived. The passion was not there often finding excuses to ge the act over as fast as possible.

Just really put me off, plus im looking for more then just a sex partner. If that was all i wanted paying for it and then looking for one that can do a convincing job is not super hard. That just not float my boat. 

But i accept everyone is different, so different guys different needs. I don't accept that guys think all woman are the same and in it for the money because they pay for it. I understand that there are plenty of woman in it for the money but there are also plenty who are not in it for the money. The ones that look really good and got a lot going for them and are not in it for the money will be harder to find then a good looking one that is in it for the money. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I always wondered why women who profess to love you always end up restricting the sex.

You'd think if they loved you, they'd want to please you and make you happy (sex makes most men happy).

A woman loves you, so you marry her, then the sex stops ................... inexplicable!

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I always wondered why women who profess to love you always end up restricting the sex.

You'd think if they loved you, they'd want to please you and make you happy (sex makes most men happy).

A woman loves you, so you marry her, then the sex stops ................... inexplicable!

that would be my best friend...successful chef..went to school with him..nice house--car--4 kids--lexus....living the "dream"?

he works 6 days a week, falls asleep after a drink, and his wife sleeps in another room..hes miserable........never seem them display any affection to each other..

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

On the contrary, women should not feel that they want to please you and make you happy with sex - they themselves should want sex and enjoy it happily themselves.

If they are doing it solely to please the man... disaster is not far off IMHO

Applies to all women, NOT only THAI

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

That's easy. I just got tired of trawling through dozens of bars trying to find the one in a hundred that I liked enough to spend the night with. I never thought it would be cheaper.

I found one I thought was a keeper and she was everything I wanted, till we moved to the family house, and it all went downhill from there. I just underestimated how vile her family were till we lived with them.