Best car for under 4,000,000

pedro01

On 4/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, pedro01 said:

There's a massive amount of difference between the a Honda Jazz and a luxury car - and you pay for that extra quality/service.  

this is what all the cheap charlies here will never understand.

Until recently i never drove a "standard" car in my life, only German, so it was a shock ! Feel like driving a boat ! Even the latest 2mb camry and accord, they are plain ridiculous compare to the cheapest german car.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BobBKK said:

Mini Cooper around 2m up to 3.7m for the JCW ClubMan

No, thank you, if any German car it would be a Benz or BMW. Now looking for a speedy japanese coupe if anything is worth looking at ?

Just now, l4ml4m said:

No, thank you, if any German car it would be a Benz or BMW. Now looking for a speedy japanese coupe if anything is worth looking at ?

Mini Cooper IS BMW

1 minute ago, BobBKK said:

Mini Cooper IS BMW

No, the brand is Mini, but I of course know that it is owned by BMW. But no, anyway, these cars are ridiculously ugly and only idiots buy one.

16 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

this is what all the cheap charlies here will never understand.

Until recently i never drove a "standard" car in my life, only German, so it was a shock ! Feel like driving a boat ! Even the latest 2mb camry and accord, they are plain ridiculous compare to the cheapest german car.

And which is the cheapest German car pray tell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I am thinking of buying my third - so I'm an idiot just because you don't like them?  I LOVE them but I resist calling YOU an idiot

The old mini was nice, the new one is just an overpriced standard car. For the same price any Benz or BMW is way nicer.

• Sad 2

59 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

The old mini was nice, the new one is just an overpriced standard car. For the same price any Benz or BMW is way nicer.

I'm not a mini fan either. They aren't mini any more - I parked my 5 series next to one and I swear the mini was as big.

It's like a Beatle - an enthusiasts car. 

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, pedro01 said:

I'm not a mini fan either. They aren't mini any more - I parked my 5 series next to one and I swear the mini was as big.

It's like a Beatle - an enthusiasts car. 

That's fine at least you didn't call people who like them idiots. I LOVE them and have had a white and a red one and I will buy a third at some point. Gorgeous cars, babes love them, I love them, super fast Turbos - classic and refined - but it's ALL about taste. I used to have one in UK too, the old style - cramped, small and useless it was - new ones so much better by BMW IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

That's fine at least you didn't call people who like them idiots. I LOVE them and have had a white and a red one and I will buy a third at some point. Gorgeous cars, babes love them, I love them, super fast Turbos - classic and refined - but it's ALL about taste. I used to have one in UK too, the old style - cramped, small and useless it was - new ones so much better by BMW IMHO.

I got my last girlfriend in the UK a Mini Cooper - when they were small, it was hilarious to drive - a bit like a go-kart.

On a good run, you could pee a little bit of blood afterwards. Great stuff.

Edited by pedro01

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

I got my last girlfriend in the UK a Mini Cooper - when they were small, it was hilarious to drive - a bit like a go-kart.

Ya I had one - fun but dangerous when the gear stick comes off at 5 MPH as happened to me once  haha

Fond memories of 30+ years ago but now I like the solid BMW version. Beautiful IMHO (and millions of others opinions) - Ya pays Ya money and takes Ya choice.

Screenshot (270).png

Screenshot (274).png

Screenshot (281).png

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Ya I had one - fun but dangerous when the gear stick comes off at 5 MPH as happened to me once  haha

Fond memories of 30+ years ago but now I like the solid BMW version. Beautiful IMHO (and millions of others opinions) - Ya pays Ya money and takes Ya choice.

Screenshot (270).png

Screenshot (274).png

Screenshot (281).png

Nice - that's the Clubman, right? I do like those.

Still sticking to my Z4 - 16 days and counting I hope...

2019-BMW-Z4-M40i-rear-scaled.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Looks like a fat Suzuki Swift - and way less reliable according to the many horror stories you read.

And 2 million Plus - I don't get it. And will never get it.

I think you'll find the boot is on the other foot. Swifts look like cheap Essex girl's Coopers - all jazzed up with nothing under the bonnet.

5 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Very nice... yes my next one will be the Clubman - too old for a Z4 but it's a fine car!  how much?

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Very nice... yes my next one will be the Clubman - too old for a Z4 but it's a fine car!  how much?

Came in at 4.7 million after slapping the sales girl around a bit.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, pedro01 said:

My first car was a 1310cc modified 1974 mini. It was the most fun car to drive. It was scary at 100mph with your but 5 inches off the road and brakes that barely worked. Rubber cone suspension that was dried out, so no give in it. 

• Like 1

Lexus Thailand price compared to BMW and Mercedez is ridiculous, but seeing the way the two Germans  brands in Thailand handle warranty issues and the the problems that do pop ups leading to them needing warranty work in the first place, Lexus is deserving of their reliable reputation.

Audi Thailand, while relatively new and not many locations don't seem to have the issues of BMW or Mercedez  

11 hours ago, DavisH said:

My first car was a 1310cc modified 1974 mini. It was the most fun car to drive. It was scary at 100mph with your but 5 inches off the road and brakes that barely worked. Rubber cone suspension that was dried out, so no give in it. 

Lol - I drove some 80's minis but mostly 90's. Being that low to the road is certainly what added to the fun. 

Glad I didn't try those 70's brakes though. I like being able to slow down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, digbeth said:

Lexus Thailand price compared to BMW and Mercedez is ridiculous, but seeing the way the two Germans  brands in Thailand handle warranty issues and the the problems that do pop ups leading to them needing warranty work in the first place, Lexus is deserving of their reliable reputation.

Audi Thailand, while relatively new and not many locations don't seem to have the issues of BMW or Mercedez  

I didn't think much of the Audi's - I had high hopes the TT would be "the one" - but it seemed pretty flimsy inside. Looks great from outside but nope.

Mercedes are amazing quality-wise. Never had any issue with them at all. I advise all BMW owners to have a Benz for when the BMW is in the shop. 

Seems to me the whole BMW BSI thing is because they can't quite make them right on the 1st attempt but after  a year or 2, they have usually fixed everything. Plus the flat-bed truck driver is now one of my best friends.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Lol - I drove some 80's minis but mostly 90's. Being that low to the road is certainly what added to the fun. 

Glad I didn't try those 70's brakes though. I like being able to slow down.

I had 4 wheel drum prakes, and a front disc conversion was $2000, twice what I paid for the car lol. It fels fast enough at 100km/h but liked to cruise at 130-140km/h. It was faster than my wife's current suzuki swift. 

17 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Mercedes are amazing quality-wise. Never had any issue with them at all. I advise all BMW owners to have a Benz for when the BMW is in the shop. 

Guess you haven't had the pleasure of Mercedez plug-in hybrid cars, especially ones assembled in Thailand

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, digbeth said:

Guess you haven't had the pleasure of Mercedez plug-in hybrid cars, especially ones assembled in Thailand

Yeah, I have no interest in hybrids or electric cars.

I am only buying faster petrol cars now because one day, they will be gone ????

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, pedro01 said:

I might get one if you do not have too many problems with it after few months...

It seems that Japs are not even able to make a coupe that is worth looking at ?

I tried to be open minded, but can't find anything !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

Yeah, I have no interest in hybrids or electric cars.

I am only buying faster petrol cars now because one day, they will be gone ????

same here, and in case someone really likes an older Benz or BMW, soon retrofit will allow to put some batteries inside !

18 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

I might get one if you do not have too many problems with it after few months...

It seems that Japs are not even able to make a coupe that is worth looking at ?

I tried to be open minded, but can't find anything !

Did you look at the Toyota Supra? It is the same engine as the m40i.

I think there is a good chance Toyota will reduce the price on the Supra. Maybe at the next Motorshow?

5.199 mio thb. seems a bit steep when comparing with C43 or m340i at 4 mio thb. And both with much more equipment.

One of our friends just got the m340i and stopped by, power wise it feels very similar to the C43. Youtube videos shows it is quite a bit faster and I did not want to ruin my day by racing him and lose, also no point as the m340i is faster. The Inline 6 feels a bit more responsive than the V6 of the C43 and pulls hard all the way, where C43 fade a bit out in the top rpms. 

pedro01 I look forward t hear what you think of the engine compared to C43.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 8:29 PM, 2009 said:

You're asking us?

Probably only 0.001% on this forum has the money, and is a big enough <deleted>, to spend 4 million on a car.

I wouldnt spend that  money on any car in Thailand due to the fact someone will smash into it at somepoint.

Range Rovers notoriously  unreliable although inside  warranty should  be ok, I would go for the Lexus for reliability customer service etc, not the raciest but  will still be going years  down the line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1