Thai Visa Forum

Best car for under 4,000,000

On 4/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, pedro01 said:

There's a massive amount of difference between the a Honda Jazz and a luxury car - and you pay for that extra quality/service.  

this is what all the cheap charlies here will never understand.

Until recently i never drove a "standard" car in my life, only German, so it was a shock ! Feel like driving a boat ! Even the latest 2mb camry and accord, they are plain ridiculous compare to the cheapest german car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out to impress the friends are we. Well for 4 million there is no better way than buying 7 Toyota Yaris's.,  one for every day of the week. Not many can match that sort of status. 😆

Volvos are very good in the snow.

Not sure whether this is available for 4 mil. A proper choice for driving in Thailand.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

this is what all the cheap charlies here will never understand.

Until recently i never drove a "standard" car in my life, only German, so it was a shock ! Feel like driving a boat ! Even the latest 2mb camry and accord, they are plain ridiculous compare to the cheapest german car.

And which is the cheapest German car pray tell?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I am thinking of buying my third - so I'm an idiot just because you don't like them?  I LOVE them but I resist calling YOU an idiot

The old mini was nice, the new one is just an overpriced standard car. For the same price any Benz or BMW is way nicer.

• Sad 2
59 minutes ago, l4ml4m said:

The old mini was nice, the new one is just an overpriced standard car. For the same price any Benz or BMW is way nicer.

I'm not a mini fan either. They aren't mini any more - I parked my 5 series next to one and I swear the mini was as big.

It's like a Beatle - an enthusiasts car. 

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
19 hours ago, pedro01 said:

I'm not a mini fan either. They aren't mini any more - I parked my 5 series next to one and I swear the mini was as big.

It's like a Beatle - an enthusiasts car. 

That's fine at least you didn't call people who like them idiots. I LOVE them and have had a white and a red one and I will buy a third at some point. Gorgeous cars, babes love them, I love them, super fast Turbos - classic and refined - but it's ALL about taste. I used to have one in UK too, the old style - cramped, small and useless it was - new ones so much better by BMW IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

That's fine at least you didn't call people who like them idiots. I LOVE them and have had a white and a red one and I will buy a third at some point. Gorgeous cars, babes love them, I love them, super fast Turbos - classic and refined - but it's ALL about taste. I used to have one in UK too, the old style - cramped, small and useless it was - new ones so much better by BMW IMHO.

I got my last girlfriend in the UK a Mini Cooper - when they were small, it was hilarious to drive - a bit like a go-kart.

On a good run, you could pee a little bit of blood afterwards. Great stuff.

Edited by pedro01
1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

I got my last girlfriend in the UK a Mini Cooper - when they were small, it was hilarious to drive - a bit like a go-kart.

Ya I had one - fun but dangerous when the gear stick comes off at 5 MPH as happened to me once  haha

Fond memories of 30+ years ago but now I like the solid BMW version. Beautiful IMHO (and millions of others opinions) - Ya pays Ya money and takes Ya choice.

Screenshot (270).png

Screenshot (274).png

Screenshot (281).png

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Ya I had one - fun but dangerous when the gear stick comes off at 5 MPH as happened to me once  haha

Fond memories of 30+ years ago but now I like the solid BMW version. Beautiful IMHO (and millions of others opinions) - Ya pays Ya money and takes Ya choice.

Screenshot (270).png

Screenshot (274).png

Screenshot (281).png

Nice - that's the Clubman, right? I do like those.

Still sticking to my Z4 - 16 days and counting I hope...

2019-BMW-Z4-M40i-rear-scaled.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Looks like a fat Suzuki Swift - and way less reliable according to the many horror stories you read.

And 2 million Plus - I don't get it. And will never get it.

I think you'll find the boot is on the other foot. Swifts look like cheap Essex girl's Coopers - all jazzed up with nothing under the bonnet.

5 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Nice - that's the Clubman, right? I do like those.

Still sticking to my Z4 - 16 days and counting I hope...

2019-BMW-Z4-M40i-rear-scaled.jpg

Very nice... yes my next one will be the Clubman - too old for a Z4 but it's a fine car!  how much?

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Very nice... yes my next one will be the Clubman - too old for a Z4 but it's a fine car!  how much?

Came in at 4.7 million after slapping the sales girl around a bit.

6 hours ago, pedro01 said:

My first car was a 1310cc modified 1974 mini. It was the most fun car to drive. It was scary at 100mph with your but 5 inches off the road and brakes that barely worked. Rubber cone suspension that was dried out, so no give in it. 

Lexus Thailand price compared to BMW and Mercedez is ridiculous, but seeing the way the two Germans  brands in Thailand handle warranty issues and the the problems that do pop ups leading to them needing warranty work in the first place, Lexus is deserving of their reliable reputation.

Audi Thailand, while relatively new and not many locations don't seem to have the issues of BMW or Mercedez