Thai Visa Forum

Downloading photos from Smartphone.

My sister-in-law has an Oppo Smartphone and recently took a few photos which she wanted me to print out. (My prin.ter can do it on to proper photo paper).

No matter what I tried I could not get the phone to talk to my Linux Mint laptop. (It would not talk to a Windows 7 device either) I was using a miniUSB to Computer USB cable.

Please give suggestions and/or guidance on how to overcome this.

Also Grand daughter has an Apple device and I would like it to communicate with my computer.

How to transfer files from android to a linux pc (This works on Manjaro for me but should be the same in Mint):

• Plug cable (USB C or micro USB) into phone and connect the USB A end to the PC
  • You should see a pop up on the android phone or a notification in the notification bar.
  • Open that and select transfer files.

Android to PC connection modes image transfer

• In the PC file manager, select the android Phone and you can navigate to the phones DCIM folder where the photos are stored.
  • Open the folder and files and print what you need.

I don't know if Windows 7 can do this but on windows 10 the procedure above works the same.

• metisdead changed the title to Downloading photos from Smartphone.
10 hours ago, Maybole said:

No matter what I tried I could not get the phone to talk to my Linux Mint laptop.

What do you mean by getting them to talk, did you try Bluetooth?

Use Telegram which has clients for mobiles as well as all computer platforms. Then just upload the photos to yourself. Otherwise, use email (best) as it maintains image size.