Advice/Law - what to do if you have Covid symptoms?

CrossBones

19 hours ago, Don Chance said:

I thought you meant for fever. That link is about using low dose aspirin to prevent clotting. That is entirely different. 

Acetaminophen is still standard for fever control with Covid-19. Not aspirin.

Edited by Jingthing

5 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

No! You said albutorol before! That's a rescue medicine. Budesonide is a completely different class of asthma drug. It's a steroid preventative. Not the same at all.

People be very careful about random medical advice you find online.

Edited by Jingthing

On 4/20/2021 at 10:53 AM, EvetsKram said:

Testing is free for Thais,  test positive & treatment/hospitalisation is also free. Foreigners pay but price varies a lot by location.  It's the only country I know of doing this c#@p

One of the reasons that they want people to get tested is that they can track.  That way they can tell if there is a red area that they have to warn people about or they can tell a mall to shut down and clean up.

please correct me if i am wrong....the way i read it is if you test positive you don't get the luxury of home quarantine as an option it is off to the interment facility, go straight to bed/jail do not pass go do not collect $200

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wombat said:

please correct me if i am wrong....the way i read it is if you test positive you don't get the luxury of home quarantine as an option it is off to the interment facility, go straight to bed/jail do not pass go do not collect $200

You are not wrong, but in practice there is a shortage of beds and notification of your test will be via email a day or so after your test, rather than a knock at the door. You will have time to make a run for your cabin in the woods - just please don’t use public transport.

And make sure you email in a full list of your movements for the past 10 days or so (skipping the visit to stock the cabin of course) with names - they’ll also have time to make a run for it. 

Some people write a lot of crock on here re Thailand the ony country charging for treatment for foreigners.Thai bashers again.

Why should Thailands medical system have to look after you anyway ?

Check your visa or extension NON Imm.

I have paid considerable taxes here over 28 years & even I do not( now that I have retired ) expect it

Obviously never travelled much, I can name 13 countries (covid or not) that any medical care or attentin is at your cost, (8 of them you have to sign to that affect on your visa application.) 4 you have to pay for a medical cover  to be granted the visa or entry

I suppose you expect your inocculation for free as well?

On 4/22/2021 at 7:09 PM, ayahuasca said:

(random ideas????

if you have symptoms, immediately get some insurance if you don't have it. some travel insurance will cover immediately even if you're already at your destination. 

if doing the RT-PCR test, perhaps you could send a friend to pick up the results? And also give out your friend's telephone number, but of course put your data down (they will do this for you with your ID when you get the test). if positive, perhaps you can enlist an attorney (or well-connected agent) to "enable" you to quarantine at home before they find you. 

it is not clear if Thailand has any of the advanced medications to treat Covid, and I presume they do not unless you have serious connections and cash. 

No travel insurance currently covers covid if bought after covid started spreading...AND no insurance will cover you normally for the first 3-7 days after you buy it if you are out of the country. 

Insurances will also deny any claim if they suspect you bought insurance after feeling sick...They are here to make money not lose it!!

• Like 1

Yes, this process is a money grab, sending all positive testers (at least people making payments) straight to a luxurious 200 to 300k prison crammed in one room with 100's of others.  

Then, all the news articles get to say how big a shortage of beds there are to ratchet up the fear, while the insurance companies are denying the claims as the 'patients' are not sick (their words).

If feel sick, I'd stay home like you always would until it gets so bad you would normally hit up a doc for care.

In the mean time, pump yourself with vitamin D and zinc.  

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 9:21 AM, PGSan said:

So we need advice by area.  So please can the ‘usual experts’ respond!  Or maybe there is even some accurate, hard information to post?

I have a minor sore throat today near Pattaya and so I just realised that I have no idea what will be the best action here this week if it gets worse, or I get other warning symptoms.  

Are you wearing a mask I haven’t had a cold or allergy in a yearb

On 4/19/2021 at 7:21 PM, PGSan said:

So we need advice by area.  So please can the ‘usual experts’ respond!  Or maybe there is even some accurate, hard information to post?

I have a minor sore throat today near Pattaya and so I just realised that I have no idea what will be the best action here this week if it gets worse, or I get other warning symptoms.  

Gargle three times a day with warm salt water. Get oil of oregano drops if you can. One drop under the tongue and let it weep down slowly. It's spicy hot!  Do that several times per day too. I would never go to the hospital knowing that I may get locked up there for two weeks. Be responsible and start self-isolating now.

On 4/25/2021 at 2:38 PM, theonetrueaussie said:

No travel insurance currently covers covid if bought after covid started spreading...AND no insurance will cover you normally for the first 3-7 days after you buy it if you are out of the country. 

Insurances will also deny any claim if they suspect you bought insurance after feeling sick...They are here to make money not lose it!!

Yes, the local covid insurance policies here have an exclusion if the claimant is considered to have been infectious during the first 14 days after taking out the policy. 

On 4/23/2021 at 4:12 PM, JTXR said:

Having to go to a real hospital in the case of being tested and found positive but asymptomatic would be bad.  Far worse would be having to go to one of these so-called "field hospitals" which are essentially stadiums or exhibition halls filled with hundreds of beds.  Staying in one would be a nightmare, one small step up from prison.

For that reason, I will avoid being tested at all costs while asymptomatic.  Even with mild symptoms, I would self isolate at home for 2 weeks.  Only with serious symptoms would I go to a real hospital to be tested.

Clearly the only smart solution !

In Udon, it has been reported that the private hospitals are not accepting Covid cases. You will be sent to the main public hospital ( where available beds for covid cases are reportedly full). So, you may be sent to another nearby public hospital, a prison hotel (not sure if one has been allocated), or a field hospital ( conditions inside are not clear, but if no air conditioning the heat may kill you instead!).

If i get symptoms, will stay at home unless breathing an issue or contact tracers get me. Have considered getting an oxygen cylinder, just in case.