European Super League Mooted , Rejected by EPL

RubbaJohnny

44 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

If the government sees a significant problem, why wouldn't they step in with legislation, an example being, no standing only seating in stadiums after Heysel and Hillsborough.

The more 'bodies' (Government, FA, PL, EFL, UEFA, fan groups, etc) that help the better. Start with ticket prices, which are bloody outrageous, stupid tv times, cup games in London which the northerners struggle to home from, etc. Somebody - an independent body - needs to get out there and ask the fans at different levels of the game what are footballs problems as they view them and start from there.

The majority of fans/paying customers can hold them to account by voting with their feet and wallets but they won't.

Look at ManU where they've hated their owners for +15 years. Some of the wore the old green and yellow scarfs, some left and started FC Manchester, but the majority remained because it is their life, their hobby, their passion, etc. I was listening to a City podcast this morning and one guy says he won't renew his season ticket for the Etihad next season but will buy one at Oldham but will continue to support City and not Oldham - 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' sprung to mind - he's not willing to see how all of this plays out at City. 

I agree that the Government needed to legislate after Bradford and Hillsborough but the rest is for the game to sort out itself, in my opinion.

I don't think the Government actually wants to get involved anyway; this week's platitudes from them are because some sort of reaction is expected. As I said before, their priorities lie elewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, champers said:

I agree that the Government needed to legislate after Bradford and Hillsborough but the rest is for the game to sort out itself, in my opinion.

I don't think the Government actually wants to get involved anyway; this week's platitudes from them are because some sort of reaction is expected. As I said before, their priorities lie elewhere.

Seems they ARE getting involved though.????

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/fan-led-review-of-football-governance/terms-of-reference-for-the-fan-led-review-of-football-governance