High demand for COVID-19 screening after 20 infections related to Ayutthaya market

webfact

8 hours ago, crazykopite said:

The Government have had well over a year to plan for this eventuality and have done sod all about it they have clung on in the hope that the country would escape Covid when they could have everything in situ fir the worst scenario there more interested in buying high speed trains from there friends the Chinese ruling party ☹️☹️☹️☹️

My family in Thailand say it's vertualy impossible to get a covid-19 test in a public hospital. 

It seems that only those who have made contact with an infected person get tested by order. 

NZ tested thousands of, people per day it is an important part of the control of covid along with genome testing and tracer applications coupled with signing in to places if you didn't have the app. That along with hand washing, social distancing and overall good behaviour of the people has managed to keep covid-19 in control in Australia and NZ. 

From what I gather people in Thailand are running around blind, not knowing anything about the spread and have no idea of how or where to get a test in many parts of Thailand. 

Somethings got to give sooner or later. 

25 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Where are the vaccines?

How many are being vaccinated per day?

How many vaccines are on order?

Hurry up Thailand!

I think they are waiting for the Thai pharmaceutical company to start rolling out astra, and the Chinese were supposed to be supplying the Sinovac. 

They might be better to ask Russia for some Sputnik vaccine, many countries turning to the Russian vaccine now which seems to be doing quite well. 

World wide the supply of vaccine is a shambles because politics is involved, and Pfizer has uped the price in Europe. 

• Like 1

My GF recently had a PCR test, ah well, half of one anyway. A test swab in the nostril only, no throat swab. She was tested amongst 500 others who worked around the Khaosan Rd area of Bangkok. She told me that everyone tested, from the back of an ambulance, only had a nose swab. Is that normal in Thailand, as everywhere else has a nose and throat swab to be accurate? Except for the new Chinese test by touching your toes while they put a swab up the but!! 

Five days later and still waiting on the result. Tick, tock, tick, tock. And no self isolation while waiting on the result. Just go about your normal life while waiting. In the mean time, if positive means there could now be another 50.

12 hours ago, crazykopite said:

The Government have had well over a year to plan for this eventuality and have done sod all about it they have clung on in the hope that the country would escape Covid when they could have everything in situ fir the worst scenario there more interested in buying high speed trains from there friends the Chinese ruling party ☹️☹️☹️☹️

The main places of infections are the market. Why don't the governors of the provinces close them?

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There is also a high demand for vaccination, yet Thailand lags at the back of the pack, the worst performing country in ASEAN. Quite a distinction, Prayuth! And you said you guys were ready. Lies, and more lies. 

Resign now! 

or perhaps a new law that 50% of all ill-gotten gains be returned to the people (it could be by an honour system)

by the way, i had a lucid dream the other night although i wasn't asleep. i was doing my breathing exercises and i saw my covid being exhaled - tiny luminous critters that burned and they were flying around my eyes trying to get back in my body.

suddenly i realized - why are we only covering our pie holes and eye holes. the virus is smart and it's going in our eyes. wear those swim goggles to protect yourself and n95 masks to protect everyone else.

If the Thai government will not let the private hospitals get what ever vaccine they can, and sell t=it to Thais and expats,

then the government should have every ones death on their hands.  If you cannot get a pfizer, Moderna, J and J or

Sputnik or what ever, the government should be toppled by the Thai population or the Thai military, as they are not

being a government for the people of Thailand. Maybe the Government of Thailand is trying to get Thailand in the same boat as Brazil in

in.  That would be a sad and tragic place to be.

Geezer

5 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I'm sure CP group with his 7 eleven chain and now Tesco would be able to supply enough food. 

The C.P. group is using some of its massive profits from the Sinovac vaccine to donate to the effort:

CP pledges Bt200m worth of assistance to Bangkok field hospitals https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30405042

How generous of them, a little pocket change thrown at the masses

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The C.P. group is using some of its massive profits from the Sinovac vaccine to donate to the effort:

CP pledges Bt200m worth of assistance to Bangkok field hospitals https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30405042

How generous of them, a little pocket change thrown at the masses

Exactly, Bt200m, no more than just a couple of presents

• Like 1

17 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

by the way, i had a lucid dream the other night although i wasn't asleep. i was doing my breathing exercises and i saw my covid being exhaled - tiny luminous critters that burned and they were flying around my eyes trying to get back in my body.

suddenly i realized - why are we only covering our pie holes and eye holes. the virus is smart and it's going in our eyes. wear those swim goggles to protect yourself and n95 masks to protect everyone else.

Better to just wear a full swim mask, just to be on the safe side. Might look a bit funny initially, but in no time at all it will likely become a fashion trend here. 

shutterstock_459065503-1366x800@2x.jpg

SW3620.jpg

4e82ad60-2a96-11eb-bcff-524acd6a631f.jpeg

On 4/19/2021 at 8:31 PM, James HB said:

The main places of infections are the market. Why don't the governors of the provinces close them?

I agree, high speed trains / recently, rubber sex toys, etc, who cares!!!??? 

BUY the vaccines and get them in everybody's arms, ASAP, the Government will get the cost returned to them with a thriving economy! 

At the moment you have people sick and dead, out of work, no tourists, etc, etc. 

Hurry up Mr Anutin! Ka

On 4/20/2021 at 5:10 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

If the Thai government will not let the private hospitals get what ever vaccine they can, and sell t=it to Thais and expats,

then the government should have every ones death on their hands.  If you cannot get a pfizer, Moderna, J and J or

Sputnik or what ever, the government should be toppled by the Thai population or the Thai military, as they are not

being a government for the people of Thailand. Maybe the Government of Thailand is trying to get Thailand in the same boat as Brazil in

in.  That would be a sad and tragic place to be.

Geezer

Where do you think private hospitals would suddenly magic up the vaccine from? Many other governments way ahead in the queue already and a lot of production and supply issues. Even if private hospitals could order today, when do you think their supplies would arrive?